Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

A museum of political ephemera

Much consideration is being given to the final resting place of the Ed Stone. (not Pete I hasten to add). Why not establish a museum of political ephemera where it could have pride of place alongside Michael Foot's donkey jacket and Thatcher's handbag.

Any more suggestions anyone?

I've contacted the Labour Party about the slab to purchase but as of yet no response ...

The Ed Stone has been found in Mike Ashleys, Sports Direct Headquarter, laid and re-worded for all his zero hours contracted staff to swear allegiance to :

A UNFAIR PLAN .

A MISERABLE FUTURE.

1. A WEAK ECONOMIC FOUNDATION.

2. LOWER LIVING STANDARDS FOR ZERO HOURS WORKING FAMILIES.

3. AN NHS WITH NO TIME TO CARE ( NO SICK PAY )

4. NO CONTROLS FOR EASTERN EUROPEAN IMMIGRATION.

5. A COUNTRY WHERE FOREIGN LABOUR WORKS FOR LESS AND BETTER THAN THE REST.

6. HOMES TOO EXPENSIVE TO BUY AND NO ACTION ON RENTS.

NB HAVE A HAPPY DAY AND REMEMBER YOU ARE HERE TO WORK AND MAKE ME RICH. SUPPORT SUNDERLAND AND NOT NEWCASTLE FC, I ONLY OWN IT FOR A FUTURE TAX LOSS.

The bloody handprints of Tony Blair to adorn the walls of the 'political lies' room. Some other world leaders at the time may like to assist.

William Hague's "Save the Pound" countdown clock.

How many remember that one from the election of 2001?

A bottle of Beaujolais to represent the Gang of Four.  A dead sheep for you-know-who.  Some strange and sordid implement of sodomy for Jeremy.

Better stop there I think...

edit... possibly a bin liner, split and spewing various debris for Callaghan, or possibly an unburied corpse.

for Thatcher, either an unburied corpse or, more charitably, a broken half-pint milk bottle.

Not sure where to hang the portrait.

post-12275-0-92896600-1431964948_thumb.j

Not sure where to hang the portrait.

God that's awful. You can even see a nipple.

• Warm run-up to Easter but a destabilising low means sunshine and showers at the weekend

High pressure is keeping our weather settled at the moment, and in the main it'll stay that way until the end of the week. But with low pressure helping to destabilise the atmosphere this weekend, the sunshine will be joined by some heavy showers. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners

Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners - Blog by Jenny Bell WWW.NETWEATHER.TV In the first in a regular series of gardening articles, Jenny Bell gives her top tips for new gardeners who are maybe taking their first gardening steps during the lockdown.  

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather