Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bristle boy

Google user content text instead of pictures!

Hi all

can anyone help please?

I've searched internet for solution but cant find one.

Sometimes i send emails from my samsung tablet to my work email address. When i open my work email (Outlook) sometimes the messages that contain pictures show a blue text instead of the pictures, usually starting "google user content....".

If i send the emails to my work email from my Samsung android phone (S5) the picture images appear as normal in my work emails.

Today i contacted my work IT services helpdesk, because i thought it might be a security issue with emails coming in from my personal email address, but it's not.

Our IT assistance say it must be the settings in my email account on my tablet. I've taken a look this evening but i'm not that IT savvy - hence my request for help on here.

Anyone have any solutions?

Cheers BB

Is this from a google email account?

The blue text I expect is the URL to the image and it is cached in-transit from sender to receipent, one is sending the whole image the other the link.

some further info here

https://filippo.io/how-the-new-gmail-image-proxy-works-and-what-does-this-mean-for-you/

thanks Jax, but i dont understand it.

it comes from a virginmedia account; the old blueyonder email addresses from Telewest days.

Like i said if i send the email from my inbox on my samsung phone i see the images when opening in my work email, but from the samsung tablet i only see the text.

thanks Jax, but i dont understand it.

it comes from a virginmedia account; the old blueyonder email addresses from Telewest days.

Like i said if i send the email from my inbox on my samsung phone i see the images when opening in my work email, but from the samsung tablet i only see the text.

Ahh, in that case sounds like the application settings on the two devices are different or the versions on each are doing things in different ways.

Not really used mobile devices to send emails from so not sure of the difference, I can ask the others in the support team I deal with if they have any ideas?

I can ask the others in the support team I deal with if they have any ideas?

That would be great, thanks.

I'm going to go into our local Samsung shop as well at the w/e.

I've searched internet but surprisingly i cant find any answers via other forums, etc.

That would be great, thanks.

I'm going to go into our local Samsung shop as well at the w/e.

I've searched internet but surprisingly i cant find any answers via other forums, etc.

Well, turns out I am the only Android user is the team, the rest all use windows or apple devices (typical).

But they came to the same conclusion as I did before, the way the different devices are sending the email.

When use use our corporate webmail is strips much of the formatting out and just delivers the data in a simpler form, you have to re-enable HTML to get the formatting back in further replies.  Suspect this is what you are seeing, one device is only sending basic email protocal data (SMTP IIRC) whilst the other is sending with full HTML/MIME data.  if you send the same email from each and can see the email size it should show the full email will be a lot larger than than the other.