Sign in to follow this  
Paul

UK Politics May 2015 Onward

1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Rumour is now that Hunt is staying on at Health.

That really isn't good  news unless he's been told to back down on that new contract.

1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Rumour is now that Hunt is staying on at Health.

That really isn't good  news unless he's been told to back down on that new contract.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! At least it's not just me:

"French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said in a radio interview Mr Johnson was a liar with "his back against the wall".

One EU source told the BBC: "Everyone in the European Parliament thinks it's a bad joke and that the Brits have lost it.""

I wonder if they are now thinking that we are, in fact, better off without you...

7 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Everyone in the European Parliament thinks it's a bad joke and that the Brits have lost it

and they're always right, are they?

5 minutes ago, interested & confused said:

and they're always right, are they?

Of course not, they's furrin innit. 

Villiers is gone, so that is the hat trick of Brexit cabinet ministers gone.

Only Grayling left but where is he?

Breaking: Hunt remains Health Secretary

Edited by Summer Sun

Jeremy Hunt staying on as Health Secretary.

He didn't been kicked out after all!!

Edited by pip22

1 hour ago, Spikecollie said:

A very borderline thing to assert and very dependent on the indicators that you choose to observe, as is always the case - until a certain day toward the end of June. Check your facts, this time next year.

No it's not borderline to assert this - this is taken from the latest official figures available which clearly show among the powerhouse economies of the EU, growth in the UK is performing much better than average.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp-growth-annual

I can't possible say what next years figures will be - they don't exist. So aiming a barb at me for this is pretty pointless. :rolleyes: But whatever floats your boat!

3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Villiers is gone, so that is the hat trick of Brexit cabinet ministers gone.

Only Grayling left but where is he?

If he's kept I'll be surprised for reasons I've already stated, there will be no trust.

Just now, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: Hunt remains Health sec

Perhaps Boris can put his previously demonstrated poetic talents (Erdogan, The Spectator) to good use and create a whopper on Jeremy Hunt. If he managed to incorporate a rhyming word for "Ankara" then he should have no problem with this one :D 

Just now, alexisj9 said:

If he's kept I'll be surprised for reasons I've already stated, there will be no trust.

But he was May's campaign manager.

2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

But he was May's campaign manager.

Oh lol I thought you meant he was like those other three, who didn't back Cameron in the cabinet, my mistake. He'll probably get something unless he has asked not to.

41 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Perhaps Boris can put his previously demonstrated poetic talents (Erdogan, The Spectator) to good use and create a whopper on Jeremy Hunt. If he managed to incorporate a rhyming word for "Ankara" then he should have no problem with this one :D 

Perhaps he could try a variation on the following -

Once we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings.   Then we had Empires ruled by Emperors.   These days we have Countries ruled by,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

Edited by The VFM Addict

I'm liking the look of Mays cabinet. I thought after yesterday's appointments it was going to be right wing. But as it turns out it's slightly more to the centre. Also glad Davis as a say in Brexit   Lets see how labour match this. 

Just now, weirpig said:

I'm liking the look of Mays cabinet. I thought after yesterday's appointments it was going to be right wing. But as it turns out it's slightly more to the centre. Also glad Davis as a say in Brexit   Lets see how labour match this. 

They have to stop infighting for no reason first.

1 hour ago, Spikecollie said:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! At least it's not just me:

"French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said in a radio interview Mr Johnson was a liar with "his back against the wall".

One EU source told the BBC: "Everyone in the European Parliament thinks it's a bad joke and that the Brits have lost it.""

I wonder if they are now thinking that we are, in fact, better off without you...

"French Foreign MInister Jean-Marc.......WHO??"......

30 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

His name looks French, may be a good appointment.

32 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

You didn't know other countries have foreign ministers?

1 minute ago, scottish skier said:

You didn't know other countries have foreign ministers?

Oh I thought it was someone appointed by may, if he's appointed by the French, course he's French lol.

Andrea Leadsom in Downing Street now.

Personally I think Teresa May has played this very cleverly. She's put the pro brexit people in the hot seat, and if/when they can't get what they want, or need to pacify the leavers on the back benches (and in the country), she can point the finger at them and say it's their fault.

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Personally I think Teresa May has played this very cleverly. She's put the pro brexit people in the hot seat, and if/when they can't get what they want, or need to pacify the leavers on the back benches (and in the country), she can point the finger at them and say it's their fault.

Good point, shame she couldn't give farage a post.