Sign in to follow this  
Paul

UK Politics May 2015 Onward

7 minutes ago, weirpig said:

No you misunderstood  as a whole most people voted to leave due to immigration  whether most understand the conertations of this is open to debate  Midlands and northern England are labour heartlands  if they are seen to go against what most people expressed the number 1 reason for leaving  then there support for the Labour party will diminish  in these areas  if this happens they are finished 

A bit of a conundrum isn't it , they claim to champion the working class, but in the same breath their activists despise them for voting for Brexit.  

8 minutes ago, J10 said:

Its not "what we want" but "what we'll get". We have a government that is split down the middle and PM that can't side with either or she'll lose power lol

Side with hard brexiteers, DUP may pull support (WILL pull support it it messes up Ireland for them)

Side with soft brexiteers and DUP, hard brexiteers pull support.

Either way I don't see a way forward for her unless one side caves.

1 hour ago, nick sussex said:

This rule taker myth has been overdone . There’s no point in diverging for the sake of it. Many of the EU rules and standards are now used internationally anyway.

You’ll have to comply to rules if you want to sell into the EU just as you would with any other country .

It should be up to future parliaments to decide the trade off in terms of divergence versus losing some access.

Any deal with the EU is likely to see penalty clauses which you have in all trade agreements .

The big problem at the moment is business doesn’t know what will happen so can’t plan.  

Businesses are flexible but need an end point to work towards , any new customs arrangements need time to implement and test .

The fact we’re 2 years after the vote and still no idea re customs and trade is shameful . May now apparently is not going to put out the White Paper before the next EU summit .

I’m beginning to think this is a deliberate tactic to wait till the last minute , and then agree to something which everyone hates but with no time for her to have a Leadership Challenge .

With time fast disappearing who will challenge her if there’s just a few months to go . It would look totally reckless to remove the PM at that point .

And then even if you did without an election you’d still have the same divisions amongst MPs.

PS go read Faisal Islam Sky News twitter feed tonight for what Mays ineptitude has led to . Absolutely disastrous for UK car parts suppliers.

Any chance you could post a link to that please Nick ?

If I could offer a word of advice to any poster on here who might take exception to being called a liar, stop telling lies! That is all.

10 minutes ago, davehsug said:

If I could offer a word of advice to any poster on here who might take exception to being called a liar, stop telling lies! That is all.

The problem with that is those so addicted to exaggeration are unable to tell the truth without lying.

15 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Otherwise Ceil will be along soon to report more crimes being committed ,, lol

7 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Otherwise Ceil will be along soon to report more crimes being committed ,, lol

That's the half dozen of us with right of centre views about to get our collars felt then ..:D

1 hour ago, weirpig said:

No you misunderstood  as a whole most people voted to leave due to immigration  whether most understand the conertations of this is open to debate  Midlands and northern England are labour heartlands  if they are seen to go against what most people expressed the number 1 reason for leaving  then there support for the Labour party will diminish  in these areas  if this happens they are finished 

Corbyn has splinters on his backside from sitting on the Brexit fence for so long... here's why...

New Times analysis demonstrates the problem: in the 60 seats that Labour came closest to winning in last year's general election (and it would need to take all of them to even think about securing a majority), half backed Leave and half backed Remain.

66913c3c6b6d301daeeb4a3a38315ad7.png

In the past year support for Labour among Remain voters has fallen from 60 per cent to close to 50, while a leaked analysis of the local election results by a Labour insider suggests that it should worry more about Leave voters when it comes to marginal seats.

http://links.info2.news.co.uk/ctt?kn=69&ms=MzM1NjEzMQS2&r=MTcxODg3OTg0NTQS1&b=0&j=MTAzMDczMzY4NgS2&mt=1&rt=0

Edited by kar999

4 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

That's the half dozen of us with right of centre views about to get our collars felt then ..:D

Yes its laughable. So tolerant the far left are... :rofl:

So a month ago I was laughed at on here when I suggested that the figures released then might be almost solely weather related , today’s bounce back has not proved me right yet ! But it has trended the right way . Good news indeed already shared by @kar999

http://www.cityam.com/286953/retail-sales-recover-sun-comes-out-may

Oh , it’s a shame Scotland can’t join in with the economic boost this summer for 3 Matches at least 😬.

https://www.lsbf.org.uk/blog/news/business-economy/uk-economy-boosted-world-cup/115880

Edited by Mark wheeler

4 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

So a month ago I was laughed at on here when I suggested that the figures released then might be almost solely weather related , today’s bounce back has not proved me right yet ! But it has trended the right way . Good news indeed already shared by @kar999

Laughed at! You could have been reported for weather related hate speech.

Edited by DAVID SNOW

1 hour ago, scottish skier said:

Why would anyone give a rats behind what he thinks?

Skilled European workers are forming huge queues at Dover as they line up to escape the UK.

The floodgates have opened and they're pouring across the channel en masse.

Why the need to tighten controls?

I trust you are referring to the loss of care in our NHS which seems to be the excuse used by many remainers.   Skilled EU workers?

The NHS staff in most hospitals, certainly the case in Poole general where my daughter works are by and large non EU citizens with most from the former Commonwealth.  Most of the nurses there are from the Phillipines and a wonderful job they are doing too. Don't believe ive met a French German doctor or nurse.

My whole point is once we are outside the EU/EEA Britain will be in control of whatever amount of immigration to Britain skilled or otherwise. I have never objected to immigration where needed but this insane open door to every single EU citizens [510 million] without proper security checks who can all come at will, which has been a proven threat to every single nation in Europe.

These open borders have been the enabler of terrorism [Paris Berlin, Nice Brussels London Stockholm, Barcelona etc etc.]  and also the cause for mass illegal immigration violence and crime and rioting.

4 minutes ago, kent said:

I trust you are referring to the loss of care in our NHS which seems to be the excuse used by many remainers.   Skilled EU workers?

The NHS staff in most hospitals, certainly the case in Poole general where my daughter works are by and large non EU citizens with most from the former Commonwealth.  Most of the nurses there are from the Phillipines and a wonderful job they are doing too. Don't believe ive met a French German doctor or nurse.

My whole point is once we are outside the EU/EEA Britain will be in control of whatever amount of immigration to Britain skilled or otherwise. I have never objected to immigration where needed but this insane open door to every single EU citizens [510 million] without proper security checks who can all come at will, which has been a proven threat to every single nation in Europe.

These open borders have been the enabler of terrorism [Paris Berlin, Nice Brussels London Stockholm, Barcelona etc etc.]  and also the cause for mass illegal immigration violence and crime and rioting.

Careful Kent ,or you will find yourself being nicked on suspicion of not following accepted left  wing doctrine :D

39 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

Careful Kent ,or you will find yourself being nicked on suspicion of not following accepted left  wing doctrine :D

Well my request for people not to lie fell on deaf ears judgng by his post 😁

3 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Mike..

Thanks for confirming it was you who complained!.

Paul refused to give me the name of the person who complained, but I knew, 

I too have no reason to carry on. But just to say that being called a liar on multiple occasions by the denizens of the wolf hound pack doesn't seem to concern you so much, judging by your likes?

Suggesting that not all policemen have  always been correct or presented unbiased opinions seems  a  trivial comment  these days? Strange that you should take it personally.

By the way  you have never 'come out'. Are you in fact in direct contact with the Brussels hierarchy?

PS I enjoyed the master of attempted spin comment. Coming from you, it was a complement. 

MIA

MIA, I did try sending you a PM at the time to inform you of this but I believed I just addressed as 'MIA' and the system did not let it though. 

However I had nothing to hide and was not worried about you knowing the source - had Paul asked me if I was willing for him to disclose it I would have agreed to that action - anyway, it is all water under the bridge now, except that I did not read it as a general comment but a personal comment directed at me in such a manner that appeared to be a slur on my integrity. 

This is a matter, where, though I say it myself, I try to maintain high standards and really have been sickened by the tactics of the leave campaign and subsequently by our government who don't appear to hold the same high standards; this was something I never expected to see this extent in my lifetime, despite being well used to dealing with other such people in other walks of life and I genuinely believe that this is not doing the reputation of our country any good whatsoever. There are no doubt some who will think it clever but any benefit will only be short term. In general the people who employ these tactics get their comeuppance sooner or later; believe me, I have seen it happen time and time again. 

My view of the other remain posts on here is that I do have respect for the views they put forward as genuine points of view, hence the likes but you have to admit that you are somewhat selective in what you chose to post to the extent it does not always portray an unvarnished truth as can be supported by facts.  

To be honest, I don't think that the facetious comments in rest of your post are necessary and do not really help the debate so we can either figuratively kiss and make up by letting bygones be bygones and discuss our differences in a more adult manner or continue in a state of hostility - it is up to you.    

3 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Yep..

We all know it is the leavers that are the moaners!

Good at dishing it out comes to mind..

MIA

Was that really necessary MIA? We leavers are exercising our democratic rights in opposing brexit, which we are fully entitled to do, as the Euro Sceptics did for nigh on 40 years and apart from John Major referring to them as 'bastards', for which I have little doubt he had good reason there has not been any like the current attempts to marginalise them as there is now to marginalise the remainers; we are not moaners, snowflakes, traitors or anything else you care to call us - no wonder the country is remaining so divided with attitudes like that. 

If you really wish our country to continue to be successful in the future, don't you think you should start extending the olive branch - you know magnanimity in victory - it works wonders.   

2 hours ago, weirpig said:

Unfortunately WP, a lot of them thought it also meant getting rid of our colonial cousins, the ones with the brown faces and the leave campaigners, if anything encouraged that belief because they knew it would be a big vote spinner. 

2 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

Any chance you could post a link to that please Nick ?

On iPad but if you search Faisal Islam twitter on google he should come up .

Sky News have been miles better than the BBC with their analysis .

1 hour ago, kent said:

The problem with that is those so addicted to exaggeration are unable to tell the truth without lying.

You said it Kent!   :D

1 hour ago, kent said:

Just because you don't personally know of any Kent it does not mean that they do not exist in the NHS - my consultant is Portuguese - there are many from different parts of the world including the EU, though many from the latter are leaving and that is probably part of the reason why the NHS is in such a mess at the moment. 

It's a bit of an exaggeration to suggest that 510 people from the EU would be coming to the UK, though it was something Nigel Farage tried to suggest with 70 million Turks and a million Syrians who had sought refuge in Germany. 

And why shouldn't there be proper security checks on EU citizens coming into our country? We have already have border controls where EU citizens could be checked on entry and at those border posts they should have access to the Europol database which effectively means that each and every one could be checked on entry. Then if by reason of the previous on any particular EU citizen his entry could be denied on the grounds that his entry would be prejudicial to our country.

The loss of access to this data base after brexit will in fact mean that our people will be less protected. 

Also we have border controls and are not a member of Schengen yet it is estimated that on average 150,000 enter our country illegally, then continue to live here under the radar.

It is a misnomer to say that Schengen is the cause of violence, crime and rioting per se. Those intent on it either creep in under the radar, or make sure they have the appropriate document, genuine or forged.

What it does need to combat this is an increase in police officers properly trained towards this end and equipment, together with active co-operation and liaison between the different national police forces.

As the UK has shown with its borders it is not possible, certainly with the meagre resources the government are prepare to invest, to make the borders secure. So the alternative to this is intelligence led investigations, which in my view would be more successful but the bottom line is that if the governments wish to protect their people they have to be prepared to invest.

What would help would be a designed Euro Force operating towards this end, then on an economy of scale sufficient resources could be put in to enable it to work efficiently but unfortunately political ideals come before the saving of human life.     

Hmm big overnight news on Brexit regarding the Labour party positon and the report on the effect on manufacturing. Reported by Sky, but nothing on the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation. The wool-pulling continues as usual.

15 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Hmm big overnight news on Brexit regarding the Labour party positon and the report on the effect on manufacturing. Reported by Sky, but nothing on the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation. The wool-pulling continues as usual.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44377072

Take a look

Edited by markyo

Migration statistics getting very late now.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/previousReleases?:uri=peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/previousReleases&:uri=peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/previousReleases&page=1

Was May 26th last year and the 1st of the next month is the latest it's been (on one occasion).

So 5-12 days late.

ONS overloaded trying to help the Tories up with some sort of plan?

We know skilled EU worker numbers are collapsing as they flee the UK in a massive flood; maybe HMRC just can't keep count it's all happening so fast?

Edited by scottish skier