Sign in to follow this  
nick sussex

EU Referendum

Good grief....was anyone aware of this;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/04/pegida-pair-hunt-migrants-with-vigilantes-on-bulgaria-border/

Sort of puts Britain's ballot box concerns/protests against uncontrolled immigration into some sort of perspective perhaps.  It also backs up the points made sadly about extreme right groups on the rise again in Europe....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowy L said:

Do you? You're the one who wants to void a democratic referendum remember.

Snowy L, how many more times must I say this, How can a result obtained through telling lies be considered democratic?

If somebody sold you a car and at the time of told you lies in order to persuade you to buy it about itself mileage, condition, roadworthiness, and that they promised to add some extras but didn't, you would expect your money back wouldn't you? 

Remember what Michael Dougan described it as, 'Lies and deceit on an industrial scale'.

It seems to me that the leavers have no qualms about how the votes were obtained they are happy and resent anybody raising any misgivings at all. They just want to bury that part under the carpet.

Well I am afraid it will not wash with me, as it will not with a lot of people and the conduct of this referendum was a disgrace to the nation. That is what is upsetting the remainers.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

Snowy L, how many more times must I say this, How can a result obtained through telling lies be considered democratic?

I

Errmmm that's politics the same applies for every general election, local council election so therefore they all undemocratic.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, kent said:

A new shock poll finds the majority of Europeans think that the EU has failed in its ability to prevent an economic disaster and to tackle the migrant crisis.  Most of those questioned also fear the rise of the Muslim population poses a threat to their culture.

The major study revealed an overwhelming view of incompetence in Brussels leaders.  The study found that migrants and terrorism was at the top of the list in each country.

More than 65% believe the influx of migrants will bring the threat of terrorism and rising crime. 63% said the flow of migrants will change the culture of their countries.

That's how propaganda works isn't it? To install impressions in peoples minds and bugger the truth, what has that to do with it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

If somebody sold you a car and at the time of told you lies in order to persuade you to buy it about itself mileage, condition, roadworthiness, and that they promised to add some extras but didn't, you would expect your money back wouldn't you? 

Remember what Michael Dougan described it as, 'Lies and deceit on an industrial scale'.

It seems to me that the leavers have no qualms about how the votes were obtained they are happy and resent anybody raising any misgivings at all. They just want to bury that part under the carpet.

Well I am afraid it will not wash with me, as it will not with a lot of people and the conduct of this referendum was a disgrace to the nation. That is what is upsetting the remainers.

Mike..

Rubbish. The above post is absolute b--------s.

How can you not see that both sides played a non too clean debate, and that 'remain' lost it for themselves!!!

MIA.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Mike..

Rubbish. The above post is absolute b--------s.

How can you not see that both sides played a non too clean debate, and that 'remain' lost it for themselves!!!

MIA.

You don't get it do you?  I'd say, try a historical perspective, but would you see that the most peaceful and prosperous times and places* in history are when countries form unions and stronger links, rather than breaking apart?

**ie conditions for bringing up happy and smart children who can enjoy their lives.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

LOL.

Wish this was found sooner, read it and weep if you believed any of these articles as fact.

• Like 5

Alain Juppé who could be the Republican candidate in the French election now saying that the Calais situation may have to change. Theres growing pressure in France for this to change. Whether it does so is hard to say but its difficult politically to have the UK border in France given the EU referendum vote.

Just now, lfcdude said:

I have decided to leave this topic, Some people Bully out right attack for no reason and make fun, I am not going to put up with that, Today some people on here decided to just bullies me, Again i am not putting up with that, If these people need to feel better for doing it well done i wont mention names but im sure most know who their r, I find it sad that people will openly bully people that their do not agree with I hope you all debate well, But i wont put my self at risk of personalize bullying as i was today, When you have zero respect for people you can not debate with them, I will not be debating with people who ganged up and tries to openly bully me 

I'm afraid that if I adopted that attitude IFC I would have left this thread ages ago because some of the posts from the leavers to me and other remainers have been abusive, browbeating and insulting.

However I firmly believe in fighting for what I consider to be right and just - hence I remain and will remain.  

At the same time it is a free world and you are fully entitled to go or leave as you please.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Alain Juppé who could be the Republican candidate in the French election now saying that the Calais situation may have to change. Theres growing pressure in France for this to change. Whether it does so is hard to say but its difficult politically to have the UK border in France given the EU referendum vote.

How will we/they handle people travelling through the channel tunnel?

2 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

I'm afraid that if I adopted that attitude IFC I would have left this thread ages ago because some of the posts from the leavers to me and other remainers have been abusive, browbeating and insulting.

However I firmly believe in fighting for what I consider to be right and just - hence I remain and will remain.  

At the same time it is a free world and you are fully entitled to go or leave as you please.

Agreed, remainers, me included, have had scorn poured all over us since that result on June 24th, the abuse, condescending tone has been sickening but I would say to ifcdude, try and rise above it, as I said earlier before it got deleted. :- )

• Like 2

1 minute ago, interested & confused said:

Try and see this from the other angle. If the situation was reversed and you had the French border in Dover and France left the EU do you not think there would be political pressure for that to change?

I'm not saying its going to happen but you can understand why French voters might be saying why on earth are we helping the UK when they've just walked out, solidarity does work both ways.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

Mike I don't often agree with your comments but on this I'm 100% with you. Lfc you have to fight battles which I might add you have but to just up sticks will just ensure the so called bullies have victory.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Snowmut said:

Thats like saying if you have American friends then you would quite happily let Trump  potentialy make our Laws!!!

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Read it again. Where do I say anything about admiring other countries' political parties?

1 hour ago, SP1986 said:

I think it's best for people to calm down, back off from the insults, it's not nice to see, take a breather and come back later 

What I've I missed, by the sounds of it not a great deal. 

2 minutes ago, Hocus Pocus said:

Just an average day on the EU Referendum thread...not:closedeyes:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hocus Pocus said:

No not really i'm afraid it is just more of the same plus a few personal insults.

Maybe the thread should be closed for a week for all to chill out and come to terms with the result.. :hi:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Try and see this from the other angle. If the situation was reversed and you had the French border in Dover and France left the EU do you not think there would be political pressure for that to change?

I'm not saying its going to happen but you can understand why French voters might be saying why on earth are we helping the UK when they've just walked out, solidarity does work both ways.

Why has a logical question I asked, been seen as a criticism of the French?

I asked..........

9 minutes ago, interested & confused said:

I really was wondering how it will be done, that's all. Ashford International Rail Station is quite near to me, so was wondering how it would effect the Eurostar service

1 minute ago, Nights King said:

No not really i'm afraid it is just more of the same plus a few personal insults.

Maybe the thread should be closed for a week for all to chill out and come to terms with the result.. :hi:

I'm perfectly chilled. I'm more interested now in how the UK government gets a good deal and how it keeps the UK together whilst at the same time satisfying those who voted to leave because of immigration.

I'm not sure how that can be done? What sort of compromise will be needed?