Sign in to follow this  
nick sussex

EU Referendum

13 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Has St Nigel really resigned (properly and for good) or will he continue to partake of the EU gravy train?

I thought they sent him home, I really do not think the EU will work with him. His own fault, it's what happens when you lie your way to victory.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I thought they sent him home, I really do not think the EU will work with him. His own fault, it's what happens when you lie your way to victory.

Oh bugger! Four more years' toe-curling vomit-inducing tirades to put up with?:bad:

Is Partick Thistle's mascot really a toad!:D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Agreed, I thought that farewell / up yours speech when he said you're not laughing now would have been his last time in the European Parliament, he basically stuck 2 fingers up at the lot of them.:D

• Like 1

Indeed, lfc: thank you, Nigel; thank you for reminding us all of just how persuasive Nazi propaganda posters must have been...

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

Well i know some on this forum have little or no love for him but i will be the first to say, Thank you Nigel for everything you have done with out you their would of been no vote, You will go down in history Thank you, Now might be a good time for Bojo to defect and lead.....

I don't think he would but can you imagine what that might do to the Tory party !!!     There are a huge number who follow BoJo like a cult.   He's my local MP.    I did not and would not vote for him but I saw the way he draws crowds of 'BoJo Groupies'  everywhere he arrives.

Edited by The VFM Addict
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Indeed, lfc: thank you, Nigel; thank you for reminding us all of just how persuasive Nazi propaganda posters must have been...

It worked so well in 1930's Germany and equally in June 2016 in the UK..

public_enlightenment.jpg

farage-ukip-poster-nazi.jpg

• Like 3

A new shock poll finds the majority of Europeans think that the EU has failed in its ability to prevent an economic disaster and to tackle the migrant crisis.  Most of those questioned also fear the rise of the Muslim population poses a threat to their culture.

The major study revealed an overwhelming view of incompetence in Brussels leaders.  The study found that migrants and terrorism was at the top of the list in each country.

More than 65% believe the influx of migrants will bring the threat of terrorism and rising crime. 63% said the flow of migrants will change the culture of their countries.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kent said:

A new shock poll finds the majority of Europeans think that the EU has failed in its ability to prevent an economic disaster and to tackle the migrant crisis.  Most of those questioned also fear the rise of the Muslim population poses a threat to their culture.

The major study revealed an overwhelming view of incompetence in Brussels leaders.  The study found that migrants and terrorism was at the top of the list in each country.

More than 65% believe the influx of migrants will bring the threat of terrorism and rising crime. 63% said the flow of migrants will change the culture of their countries.

Does that mean more than 65% of Europeans are racist!? Oh my these are dark days we live in. They should be embracing all this new culture into their countries with open arms.:whistling:

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

That's out of order, thanks George, very well played. confirms in my mind conservatives have not got a clue.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, kent said:

I really don't understand your reluctance to provide links for your posts

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/686014/EU-European-Union-Brussels-failing-study

• Like 3

Housing sector is looking like it's taken quite a knock as the result of Brexit - opposite trend compared to the FTSE 100 and perhaps more reflective of the FTSE 250?

Also latest polling - something to bear in mind for a snap GE. Looking relatively strong for another Conservative majority.

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

Housing sector is looking like it's taken quite a knock as the result of Brexit - opposite trend compared to the FTSE 100 and perhaps more reflective of the FTSE 250?

Also latest polling - something to bear in mind for a snap GE. Looking relatively strong for another Conservative majority.

And you still put faith in polls?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kent said:

And you still put faith in polls?

I do, yes. Some performed well in predicting the EUref, others not so much. Opinium and TNS are particularly good, for example, having called the EUref correctly.

And even ignoring all that, you literally just posted a poll on this thread earlier today. Doh!

1 hour ago, kent said:

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 2

Most of the polls were pretty close in the referendum. The problem was people speculating and betting money believing the hype on a remain win. Bookmakers law says if more money is bet on something, you have to shorten the odds and try to tempt people the other way to minimise loss exposure.

I have to admit I got suckered in thinking remain would win, but I don't think the polls were drastically wrong in the main part.

1 hour ago, NorthernRab said:

Indeed....

While the market has shaken off concerns quickly for large companies, U.K. midcaps - more sensitive to the domestic economy - are still far from erasing their losses. The FTSE 250 remains 6.1 percent lower than on June 23 amid growing concern over the nation’s outlook. Almost three quarters of economists in a Bloomberg survey expect Britain will slip in a recession.

“The mid to small caps will have a tough time,” said Charles de Boissezon, co-head of European equity strategy at Societe Generale SA. “The FTSE 100 is not really a U.K. index, it’s an index of companies that are listed in the U.K. but a very large portion of them are international businesses. The FTSE 100 will keep outperforming in the coming weeks.

Edited by kar999
  • Like 3

Aye, will have to be monitored closely over the coming months, especially in light of the devaluing pound.

Edited by NorthernRab

6 minutes ago, kent said:

And they accuse the leave campaign of lying.

And now...drum roll...now tell us which of the leave campaign's claims were actually true? None of them?:D

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

The world queues up to win trade deals with Britain after Brexit: America is clamouring for a deal while talks are set to begin with Australia, South Korea and India 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3672815/World-queues-win-trade-deals-Britain-Brexit.html?ito=social-facebook

But, along with Taiwan, Pakistan (and countless others) we already have trade deals with all those countries...Why on why oh why do leavers keep peddling such blatant untruths?:wallbash:

• Like 1