Sign in to follow this  
nick sussex

EU Referendum

1 hour ago, kent said:

Boris would be PM Farage would probably increase his votes and Labour and Lib would just be a blot on the landscape.

Think UKIP would disappear if Britain leaves the EU. Ironically I think UKIP will become more popular if we stay in the EU. Conservatives have truly nailed their colours to the mast now. There is only 1 Eurosceptic party speaking for 45% of the population.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

The fact she hade to prove she was a benifit to the uk, and got a trainslation job, and i had to earn over 32 k.. maybe set them rules to eu people? 

As it is if you like r not.. Discriminating the rest of the world 

But that's because the UK voted to join the EEC...The way I see it - taking a black-and-white view of things - we either open our borders to the entire world or we close them, to the entire world? Are you saying that we should discriminate against our fellow Europeans instead? If so, that would still be discrimination. Wouldn't it?

Edited by Ed Stone

2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

But that's the UK voted to join the EEC...The way I see it - taking a black-and-white view of things - we either open our borders to the entire world or we close them, to the entire world? Are you saying that we should discriminate against our fellow Europeans instead? If so, that would still be discrimination. Wouldn't it?

We voted to join the Common Market may i remind you ED 

I say treat all the same treat the same 

Edited by lfcdude

14 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Think UKIP would disappear if Britain leaves the EU. Ironically I think UKIP will become more popular if we stay in the EU. Conservatives have truly nailed their colours to the mast now. There is only 1 Eurosceptic party speaking for 45% of the population.

Yeah a narrow remain will probably keep the issue running, in fact UKIP could gain a lot of Tory defectors in that case, possibly seeing the Tory party support split (might not be catastrophic given both sides would have a sizeable share of the vote still). 

In terms of consequences for the UK, I think a narrow leave based on a low turnout would probably be the worst outcome for the UK as this will probably set an extremely damaging chain reaction both economically and politically as many parts of the system tear themselves to shreds. A strong vote for leave on a high turnout would at least be definitive and we will have to accept the consequences whatever they might be without too much internal trauma (well except maybe the end of rUK perhaps).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

We voted to join the Common Market may i remind you ED 

I say treat all the same treat the same 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Common Market otherwise called the European Economic Community or EEC?:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kent said:

Correct BB simply because with the total absence of any substance  fear is all they have.   As time goes by which is totally in the favour of the out camp hard facts will emerge daily of the real dominant policies of the EU.   The migrant crisis will deepen.  The threat of terrorism will worsen.  Every speech made by those leading the out campaign will tick the boxes of those that are doubtful.   Meanwhile the only argument the In camp can offer is more of the same old boring self imaginary fear which will be determined as lack of enterprise.

The fear campaign will lurch from fear to dread to neurosis then eventually as reality sets in absolute horror lol.

So you are ramping up the immigration and the terrorism and if that isn't running a fear campaign I don't know what is - at least there is sound logic in what  you call a fear campaign on the side of the remains - I think you are grasping at straws. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

All races r equal..

There are no separate human races, ifc.

All of us humans on earth are part of the human race. That includes africans, asians, buddhists, muslims, christians ,atheists,  agnostics etc. We are not separate races but are divided by geography, ethnicity and culture.

It is the disparate beliefs which divides us, humans. 

And who would not wish harmony, or at least cooperation with our human neighbours.?

Who would not wish peace in Europe given past history ?

As an aside, I think it is disgraceful that the UK has not accepted a reasonable number of refugees.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ciel said:

All of us humans on earth are part of the human race. That includes africans, asians, buddhists, muslims, christians ,atheists,  agnostics etc. We are not separate races but are divided by geography, ethnicity and culture.

And who would not wish harmony, or at least cooperation with our human neighbours.?

As an aside, I think it is disgraceful that the UK has not accepted a reasonable number of refugees.

Misses the point again

So sorry your not from the EU you can not live here...Untill Remain can answer that.. I wont bother anymore Treat all the other nationality in the world the same r insult the wider range in the world with eu super race 

People who move here.. Treat them the same, Not hi your from EU have a golden ticket 

Edited by lfcdude

1 hour ago, kent said:

The UK recently overtook France to become the worlds largest economy.  According to the WEO World economic outlook Britain is expected to be one of the best performing countries for the next 15 years.

You obviously don't want to hear this.

Probably that forecast was made before we went into the referendum fiasco and since then things are not looking quiet so good. If the UK leaves the EU - I foresee an absolute shambles developing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ciel said:

I know what you mean, ciel; but, I think the confusion lies within the biological definitions of 'species' and 'race': all of us humans are of the same species, Homo sapiens, but of differing races, Caucasian, Polynesian or Negroid...Not that that's any excuse for racial discrimination. It is not!:)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ciel said:

We can do more but the method the UK has used is correct. I think it's disgraceful that Germany has accepted an unreasonable number of illegal economic migrants with their nondiscriminatory system.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

So you are ramping up the immigration and the terrorism and if that isn't running a fear campaign I don't know what is - at least there is sound logic in what  you call a fear campaign on the side of the remains - I think you are grasping at straws. 

Here's one right here:

7 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

. If the UK leaves the EU - I foresee an absolute shambles developing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lfcdude said:

Sure but for example.. why give all eu nations the same right as a British person? When it means discriminating the wider world, Its funny tho my Japanese gf for example.. Most people who you dont know but talk to think she is Chinese  and ask her if she is working and what the menu is.. Assume because she is Asian works in a Chinese restaurant.. Leave the EU same immigration policy for all.. End discrimination 

All races r equal.. Eu people should not be first class where rest of the world 3rd class in comparison treat them equally 

Their is a world outside of the EU... With flights.. and high spead trains.. The world that is becoming smaller.  Time to look out to the world.. Not stuck in a EU enclosed world 

What worries me from reading these posts is that some of the 'outers' appear to want a UK enclosed world.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mike Meehan said:

What worries me from reading these posts is that some of the 'outers' appear to want a UK enclosed world.

No mike again that is you spouting bull.. As i have said many times world is any one persons oyster...Being in EU closes that to the world.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lfcdude said:

No mike again that is you spouting bull.. As i have said many times world is any one persons oyster...Being in EU closes that to the world.. 

Are you suggesting we open our borders to everyone? I thought UKIP wanted to close them?:cc_confused:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Common Market otherwise called the European Economic Community or EEC?:)

Whatever the specifics of what it was called , it was meant to be a "common market" not the beaurocratic nightmare the EU has down the years steadily become - my relatives who voted in back then bitterly regret it. The fundamental flaw is we are no longer in control of our own country - the EU maniacs in Brussells govern us with petty rules and regulations and, if we stay in, these controls will get ever worse.  Common sense says trade agreements with Europe will continue and, as pointed out, the worlds trading  platform doesn't end at iEurope. The arguing about how much money we will save by voting out is again semantics....whatever the exact figure may be............the bigger picture is we still PUT MORE MONEY into the EU than we ever get back.  Think hard about whats to come, why do all the poorer countries in Europe want to join the EU?   Do you really think they want to put into the EU pot?  Of course they don't, they want to take money out of the pot - I do not want to be a part of that and words fail me anyone else would - how many times was Greece let off the hook.  Would you really surrender to your neighbours half of your wages for him to spend it for you on what he likes in his own house.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Are you suggesting we open our borders to everyone? I thought UKIP wanted to close them?:cc_confused:

Nope but then r u again suggesting nations out side the EU have to accept their uncontrolled immigration? 

IE imagine being from one of these nations.. how would u feel?

Edited by lfcdude

10 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Here's one right here:

More realistic than the land of milk and honey promised by the outers who appear to be blind and impervious to every argument presented against their fanciful dreams.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

Nope but then r u again suggesting nations out side the EU have to accept their uncontrolled immigration? 

IE imagine being from one of these nations.. how would u feel?

OK, so I'll put it like this: why should we deport Poles working in Polish restaurants but open our borders to Japanese ladies working in Chinese restaurants? Either we discriminate or we don't? 

16 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

You will have to explain that one to me IFC because I simply cannot understand why this should be the case.

Edited by mike Meehan

13 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

OK, so I'll put it like this: why should we deport Poles working in Polish restaurants but open our borders to Japanese ladies working in Chinese restaurants? Either we discriminate or we don't? 

Where have i ever said that? Please ED please provide a quate at the very least? As this is a out right lie.

What i have said is treat everyone the same, Not Ed Please Provide evidence for your 

Please r i will take a libel claim against this 

Dont make lies r slure against me 

Edited by shuggee
Please don't swear

10 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Whatever the specifics of what it was called , it was meant to be a "common market" not the beaurocratic nightmare the EU has down the years steadily become - my relatives who voted in back then bitterly regret it. The fundamental flaw is we are no longer in control of our own country - the EU maniacs in Brussells govern us with petty rules and regulations and, if we stay in, these controls will get ever worse.  Common sense says trade agreements with Europe will continue and, as pointed out, the worlds trading  platform doesn't end at iEurope. The arguing about how much money we will save by voting out is again semantics....whatever the exact figure may be............the bigger picture is we still PUT MORE MONEY into the EU than we ever get back.  Think hard about whats to come, why do all the poorer countries in Europe want to join the EU?   Do you really think they want to put into the EU pot?  Of course they don't, they want to take money out of the pot - I do not want to be a part of that and words fail me anyone else would - how many times was Greece let off the hook.  Would you really surrender to your neighbours half of your wages for him to spend it for you on what he likes in his own house.  

Same could be said of domestic banks of course. Poor managerial and economic decisions are not just restricted to our neighbours. 

As for joining the EU, well there is of course our never ending political sparring with Russia which despite the cold war ending over two decades ago seems to never stopped those in the west or the east from throwing uncertainty both political and economic into the mix, so there is no surprise that either countries in eastern Europe want to join or the EU wants to push east to protect its own interests (Could be viewed as right or wrong, that is another debate altogether). 

Anyway, the one point I feel I must stress that political reform is needed, but this isn't just for the EU for which I agree is a necessity, but also at home and other nations outside of the EU. Unfortunately the debate is sewed somewhat, not helped by political figures heading both the remain and leave campaigns which is created its own problems considering these politicians themselves are part of the major political and economic problems in the first place (This includes everyone, both Labour and the Conservatives as they are equally guilty here over recent decades).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

Where have i ever said that? Please ED please provide a quate at the very least? As this is a out right lie.

What i have said is treat everyone the same, Not Ed Please Provide evidence for your 

Please r i will take a libel claim against this 

Dont make lies r slure against me 

Dude, you want the UK to exit the EU, right? Ergo, all EU passports will become invalid in the UK, right; ergo, those in possession of an EU - but not a UK passport - passport will have to be deported..What am I missing:cc_confused:

And, please, cut the 'libel' crap; I'm only asking you questions...

Comment.

It should also be remembered that the successive British Governments lied to the people about the membership of the European Union, and now the truth is starting to come out on that issue. My own opinion is that Britain should come out of the European Union, as should other members because the public do not realise that they have no more Sovereignty as British, or Dutch, or Spanish, and the fact that they cannot make the decisions for their own country which are made in Europe mainly by unelected Commissioners via the European Parliament.
Enough of that because we cannot be drawn into politics. 

• Like 5

And the topic to be discussed in this thread is the EU referendum.

Thanks

• Like 5