Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2016 - Early-bird bookings now open

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
On 08/01/2016 at 10:05 PM, AndyR said:

Hi all. Only another few more months now till the start of the storm chase. For all the Virgin chasers. your gonna have a trip of a life time. you wont want to come back. Check out video I've done of last years storm chase.

Enjoy

Andy

Nice work Andy 

Tom

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wild Thunderstorns

Thanx Tom. And thankyou for sending me the very first clip. That made the film so much better

• 1 month later...
Posted

With a few bookings recently we are down to the last few spaces now - So if your thinking about a chase trip in 2016 with Netweather now is the time to jump forward.

Tour 1 - Good availability

Tour 2 - Sold Out

Tour 3 - 1 Space Left

Tour 4 - Almost sure this tour is sold out or will be

70 Days until I am stateside setting up the lovely brand new cars for you lovely people so this will fly by.

• Like 3

Posted

Am doing a montage of pictures some of the tours have seen over the past 13 years we have been doing these tours and these are on facebook at the moment, will post a link to Highlights of Tours 1 and 2 in here for now and Highlights of Tours 3 and 4 will follow in the next week. Some amazing storms over those years!

https://www.facebook.com/paul.botten/media_set?set=a.10205632021466703.1073741836.1438803411&type=3&pnref=story - Tour 2 Highlights

https://www.facebook.com/paul.botten/media_set?set=a.10205630532549481.1073741835.1438803411&type=3&pnref=story - Tour 1 Highlights

For all the newbies coming this year get ready to Salivate and get those cameras ready!

Edited by Paul Sherman
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Unfortunately I'm now not going to be doing T4 :(, but I will be back again in 2017.  I seem to like chasing in odd numbered years anyway... 2013, 2015

Looking forward to watching and ready all the reports and seeing the photos

On 1/17/2016 at 10:20 PM, Tom Lynch said:

Yes   that was an unfortunate year to go chasing.  I couldnt go that year because my daughter was getting married but i followed my friends whilst they were out there.   what a torrid time chasers had that year. i would log on and see the same surface analysis. the jet stream was flowing north to south right down the centre of the plains.  No sir, not been a year like it since.    Some poor/dry years but 2006 was not good. 

Tom 

hi Tom. I just hope that i'm not a jinx. this is the first time i can afford it again and it will be ten years since, so i hope its doesn't occur every ten years :S

Posted

Latest update on the 2016 tours.

Tour 1 - 3 or 4 spaces remaining
Tour 2 - Sold Out
Tour 3 -  Sold Out
Tour 4 - 1 space remaning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
On 06/03/2016 at 10:03 AM, leeloo said:

hi Tom. I just hope that i'm not a jinx. this is the first time i can afford it again and it will be ten years since, so i hope its doesn't occur every ten years :S

We are a positive team and you will not be a jinx. We will get you to see sights that you have never seen and will want to see over and over again. 

Tom

Edited by Nick L
Fixed quotes
  • Like 1

so hi everyone i'm lee and as i said before i have been before in 2006, i'm going on tour 2 just wondered who else was going on tour 2 as well :) feeling mega excited now, if i had loads a money i would be doing tour 1 to 4 lol. i saw cone in 2006 but it never touched ground and also saw sprout sized hail :) 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 hours ago, leeloo said:

so hi everyone i'm lee and as i said before i have been before in 2006, i'm going on tour 2 just wondered who else was going on tour 2 as well :) feeling mega excited now, if i had loads a money i would be doing tour 1 to 4 lol. i saw cone in 2006 but it never touched ground and also saw sprout sized hail :) 

Hi Lee, I'm on tour 2 as well :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Ill be tagging along on T2 s well!

anyone flying on the BA193 from LHR on 16th May?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

its not too bad! just means you COULD be getting off a plane after a 10 hour journey and getting in to a car for a few hours!  might be worth seeing if you cna change to the 16th flight? Best western hotel for the night of the 16th is around £50 and you can get  a days rest.  i think its about £100 to change your flight but its all down to you of course!

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 hour ago, leeloo said:

Crashlanding we don't start chasing till the 18th anyway do we? ten day tour arrive on the 17th chase from the 18th to the 27th leave on the 28th? my return flight is on the 28th

If the weather permits we can have a "bonus" chase day on the official arrival date. Last year we did on T2, all but one person arrived the day before and they just tagged along after they landed! :)

On 4/6/2016 at 8:48 PM, Nick L said:

If the weather permits we can have a "bonus" chase day on the official arrival date. Last year we did on T2, all but one person arrived the day before and they just tagged along after they landed! :)

im sad now lol may miss a bonus day!!! lol probably be a massive tornado that day they will have to categorize it an F6 lol

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms (lightning, wind, snow) and sunshine!
On 4/11/2016 at 8:10 PM, leeloo said:

im sad now lol may miss a bonus day!!! lol probably be a massive tornado that day they will have to categorize it an F6 lol

Don't worry. I was the one that tagged along last year after arriving on arrival day, only missed a close lightning strike.