Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2016 - Early-bird bookings now open

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow

Just found out I can use my Avios points to get money off with BA. So used 10,000 points to get £75 off and only paid £508 from Manchester via LHR

Booked in at the Days Inn Aurora again for the night of the 9th June.

Posted

Hi Chris, hey I just google search the Days Inn at Aurora and its showing as permanently closed and its not showing on the Days Inn website although the one at Denver International is showing. You may want to check your booking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow

Hi Chris, hey I just google search the Days Inn at Aurora and its showing as permanently closed and its not showing on the Days Inn website although the one at Denver International is showing. You may want to check your booking.

Hi thanks, yep checked and it's the tower road one, so it's the DIA one. I stopped there this year too. Thanks for the heads up

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms (lightning, wind, snow) and sunshine!

Okay, great! Thank you! Thinking about it at the moment as I don't think I can wait until 2017! Also depends what work says...

Posted

Just booked Tour 3! It will be my second time chasing. If it's your first time chasing then you'll love it!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Another victim of the chasing bug ^

Posted

Another victim of the chasing bug ^

Haha! You could say that!

Edited by Ashleigh Parker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

T3 booked for this for this first timer....be gentle with me oh great Wind! :hi:

Hi Mike!

Ill be driving on T3 and i am pretty confident that you will love it!  my first time was in 2012 and i have to go every year where possible now!  its addictive! cheaper than drugs though!

Gee

Just booked Tour 3! It will be my second time chasing. If it's your first time chasing then you'll love it!

Oh no not you!

:) 

Posted

Gee...you are driving on T3?...maybe a Screen name change would be good!! lol  :sorry:  

hahaha yeah good point! i have tried thinking of different names but i cant get away from this! PLUS driving a car....if I'm crashlanding id like to see which way Paul takes us! maybe off the edge of the Palo Duro Canyon! 

Bluemoon - City Fan??

Edited by Crashlanding

Posted

hahaha yeah good point! i have tried thinking of different names but i cant get away from this! PLUS driving a car....if I'm crashlanding id like to see which way Paul takes us! maybe off the edge of the Palo Duro Canyon! 

Bluemoon - City Fan??

Yes I am !....for more years than I can remember....so a few defeats here and there is nothing now compared to the past !

Posted

Yes I am !....for more years than I can remember....so a few defeats here and there is nothing now compared to the past !

for my sins yes me too am a fellow city fan!

Posted

for my sins yes me too am a fellow city fan!

Im originally from the North West and used to be a season ticket holder at Maine Road....get to see the odd game nowadays living down South.....hopefully City will cook up a "Storm" this season! lol

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just confirmed my flights, will be out for 3 weeks of chasing! Having a cheeky extra week to warm up for T2 :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wild Thunderstorns

Hi all. Only another few more months now till the start of the storm chase. For all the Virgin chasers. your gonna have a trip of a life time. you wont want to come back. Check out video I've done of last years storm chase.

Enjoy

Andy

Edited by AndyR
  • Like 2

Hi everyone, this will be my second time i have been chasing although last time it will be ten years ago this year, apparently June 2006 was the hottest and driest for years and never saw a tornado :( so im hoping for better luck this time :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
On 10/01/2016 at 8:33 AM, leeloo said:

Hi everyone, this will be my second time i have been chasing although last time it will be ten years ago this year, apparently June 2006 was the hottest and driest for years and never saw a tornado :( so im hoping for better luck this time :) 

Yes   that was an unfortunate year to go chasing.  I couldnt go that year because my daughter was getting married but i followed my friends whilst they were out there.   what a torrid time chasers had that year. i would log on and see the same surface analysis. the jet stream was flowing north to south right down the centre of the plains.  No sir, not been a year like it since.    Some poor/dry years but 2006 was not good. 

Tom 

• Like 1