IGNORED

Storm Chase 2016 - Early-bird bookings now open

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Tour 2 here I come :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Had a bit of a surge in bookings this week, all tours are gradually filling up....

Already!!!

thats ace!  good work!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Tour 2 booked this evening!

• Like 1

Posted

Surprised to be saying it this early, but there are just 2 spaces left on tour 2..

Other tours are not filling quite as quickly, but would still recommend moving fast to guarantee a spot.

Posted

Surprised to be saying it this early, but there are just 2 spaces left on tour 2..

Other tours are not filling quite as quickly, but would still recommend moving fast to guarantee a spot.

What's the earliest a tour has been fully booked?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Blimey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Great to see so many familiar names on the guest list, and a lot of newbies too.  Seeing a first time chasers face as a supercell comes to life is brilliant, camera left forgotten dangling on its strap as everything unfolds.

Don't forget, if you can round up a couple of friends to chase there's a 'Friend finder' discount to claim too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I am thinking of booking but wandering what date is best to choose?  Plus i'd most likely be going by myself, do we get picked up from the airport and what do we do on down time, group activities like bowling, site seeing or to a bar etc? and do we get paired up with someone with room share? :)  What happens if we don't see a tornado either (is that quite rare to not see at least one tornado?)

It would be my first time too on a storm tour/seeing a tornado too

Plus I am a vegan and I know I can easily find food to eat in a walmart (love walmart) or the equivelant but are  the restaurant stop offs ok for food? 

Thankyou

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Hi

Picking a best date is a tough one, all the tours usually catch decent storms and every year is different.  I'd say T4 is a bit different to the first three because it is usually up on the northern plains, which makes it more of a unique experience, but weather wise it's impossible to call.

We usually collect from the airport, though some guests like to fly in a day early to acclimatise before the tour starts and we'll let everyone know which hotel would be best (our usual Dallas start point, The Best Western in Irving is shut for refurbishment next year, so I'll have to do a bit of hunting around to confirm where we'll be.

Single travellers are very welcome, and we will always try to put like minded people together for room sharing, or there is the option to reserve a single room for a surcharge.

We tend to have less down time than some other tour companies as we know just how storm starved most Brits are, so we will chase anything that looks interesting rather than waiting for moderate risk days.  When we do get a day or two to relax we try to visit interesting places, national parks or spend some time mooching around downtown in local cities, and we have had some competitive crazy golf tournaments in the past.  In the evenings we've been known to bowl, or find a decent place to eat with added entertainment (like the Big Texan Steak Ranch - which might not be on your shortlist...)

We can't make guarantees about the weather, it does what it does, all we can do is try our hardest to make sure you get to see the best of what the weather has to offer.

Foodwise, most places on the road have vegetarian options, but it can be quite a restricted choice in 'mom & pop' diners.  We've had vegetarians tour  a few times and I don't think any wasted away while travelling but I'm not sure if we've had a vegan on tour before. You're right, Walmart is everywhere and you can stock up with snacks there for nibbling in the car.

Feel free to email via the contact options on the site if you have any other questions.

Ian

• Like 1

Posted

Hi

Picking a best date is a tough one, all the tours usually catch decent storms and every year is different.  I'd say T4 is a bit different to the first three because it is usually up on the northern plains, which makes it more of a unique experience, but weather wise it's impossible to call.

We usually collect from the airport, though some guests like to fly in a day early to acclimatise before the tour starts and we'll let everyone know which hotel would be best (our usual Dallas start point, The Best Western in Irving is shut for refurbishment next year, so I'll have to do a bit of hunting around to confirm where we'll be.

Single travellers are very welcome, and we will always try to put like minded people together for room sharing, or there is the option to reserve a single room for a surcharge.

We tend to have less down time than some other tour companies as we know just how storm starved most Brits are, so we will chase anything that looks interesting rather than waiting for moderate risk days.  When we do get a day or two to relax we try to visit interesting places, national parks or spend some time mooching around downtown in local cities, and we have had some competitive crazy golf tournaments in the past.  In the evenings we've been known to bowl, or find a decent place to eat with added entertainment (like the Big Texan Steak Ranch - which might not be on your shortlist...)

We can't make guarantees about the weather, it does what it does, all we can do is try our hardest to make sure you get to see the best of what the weather has to offer.

Foodwise, most places on the road have vegetarian options, but it can be quite a restricted choice in 'mom & pop' diners.  We've had vegetarians tour  a few times and I don't think any wasted away while travelling but I'm not sure if we've had a vegan on tour before. You're right, Walmart is everywhere and you can stock up with snacks there for nibbling in the car.

Feel free to email via the contact options on the site if you have any other questions.

Ian

Thankyou Ian, I will email you in a second, I think I'm going to book tour 4 :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Considering possibly booking tour 3 or 4. Will be one incredible adventure. The pictures paint a thousand words themselves!

• Like 1

Posted

I've booked tour 4 so see you all there :)   Who is on tour 4  please?  Maybe we can connect on Facebook, my name is 'Allysa Call' but please send me a message as sometimes get some strange friend requests.

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow

so at the moment it you, me and CycloneGail from the forum.

First year I went was on T2 but the northern plains of T4 beat Texas and Oklahoma hands down everytime. Saying that T4 this year saw 10 states from New Mexico to North Dakota!

Chris

Posted

Great to have a lot of new faces next year to show off these stunning Supercells. Think Quentin and Maxine are on Tour 4 as well and also think Richards other half Claire is trying again for next year. 

As Chris said above the Northern Plains over the past 2 seasons in June has been pretty spectacular from double twin wedge Tornadoes, 2 Derechios and Northern Lights amongst other highlights. In fact Tour 4 over the past 2 seasons has seen 24 Tornadoes so not to be overlooked lightly!

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Flights booked for 3 weeks of chasing, woooo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

i too have booked my flights for next May. BA all the way. I will be working on tours 1 and 2 , so will look forward to meeting all guests on those tours. 

Tom

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

i too have booked my flights for next May. BA all the way. I will be working on tours 1 and 2 , so will look forward to meeting all guests on those tours. 

Tom

Looking forward to your videos again next year, and I take it chicken george will be there too? :D