Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2016 - Early-bird bookings now open

Paul

Posted

Hi all, the storm chases in 2015 are now full, so the next chance to chase with us is in 2016. 

As with this year, we'll be running 4 tours, the first three starting at Dallas Fort Worth, the fourth one based out of Denver:

Tour 1
Arrive May 6th
Depart May 17th

Tour 2
Arrive May 17th
Depart May 28th

Tour 3
Arrive May 28th
Depart June 8th

Tour 4
Arrive June 10th
Depart June 21st

We're expecting the tours to fill up pretty quickly as we already have a lot of interest, so please move quickly to guarantee your spot on the tour of your choice. We have an early-bird discount available for a short period, and also have payment plans available which currently allow you to spread the cost over 10 months. 

You can find more info over on the WeatherHolidays website:

Please shout if you have any questions at all.

Paul
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Shared all over facebook! 

Posted

T4 booked

Good effort Chris!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wild Thunderstorns

Not sure if I can make it next year yet. We see how things go first

Posted

All the hotels, travel, chasing etc when in the USA, but not flights, food and incidentals (souvenirs etc etc) :)

Posted
  • Location: Kansas,Missouri,USA from Gloucester UK Viking country
  • Location: Kansas,Missouri,USA from Gloucester UK Viking country

Seriously.................if you want to get into storm chasing,,,,,,,,,,OR   one day visit yourself....I CANNOT RECOMMENCEMENT These TOURS TO  MUCH,,,,ITS BEYOND WHAT ITS  FOR DONE FOR ME,,,Im now married in USA  but i can tell  you..i swear..Paul  Bottem  taught me the ropes of Tornadoes....IMM  now  a  Tornado  look out  in South MO  USA,,,,I CANNOT   STRESS  HOW I MISS THESES GUYS OF THE TOURS,,,,,ONE DAT WE WILL MEET

Edited by pat lightning timmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Currently looking into a babysitter for 2 weeks.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

I'm intrigued now! How much all in do people usually spend for these trips? I may be able to access funds and would love to go on something like this :)

Posted

I'm intrigued now! How much all in do people usually spend for these trips? I may be able to access funds and would love to go on something like this :)

Hah good question, that's a little bit person dependant. You have to factor in your things, like lunch, evening meal, stops during the day, sometimes things you might have to do on a down day. Also consider, as often happens, do you buy anything locally like a tripod, batteries, memory cards, clothes, etc..

As Paul mentioned your tour and bed (usually breakfast) are covered, the rest is yours to cover off.

US prices are often lower than the UK, so o n a typical day you might spend around $20 -£35 all in, but things llike a trip to the Big Texan will easy set you back another $30 depending on how much you want to eat & drink :)

I hope that helps.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Hah good question, that's a little bit person dependant. You have to factor in your things, like lunch, evening meal, stops during the day, sometimes things you might have to do on a down day. Also consider, as often happens, do you buy anything locally like a tripod, batteries, memory cards, clothes, etc..

As Paul mentioned your tour and bed (usually breakfast) are covered, the rest is yours to cover off.

US prices are often lower than the UK, so o n a typical day you might spend around £0 -£35 all in, but things llike a trip to the Big Texan will easy set you back another $30 depending on how much you want to eat & drink :)

I hope that helps.

Thanks Quentin.

Don't forget the flights too - they come in at £500-750 at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Including flights, the trip itself and my spending money, I've budgeted the best part of £3k overall for it. Got a bargain with my flights though...

Posted

If I had banned myself from walmart, I think I would have easily saved myself several hundred quid. It's just SO CHEAP. Agree with Quentin tho, the portion sizes with the food are vast, and I'd quite often just eat an appetiser for my main and it'd be dirt cheap. (So would make up for it with Fishbowl Margaritas). Quite often we ended up at places during happy hour, premixed drinks, some cocktails, local moonshine,  beer etc usually come in at a good price, but if you are a wine drinker or like a specific spirit, then you might get your shirt pulled off a bit - JD & Coke being a good example, so you're prob better off getting your liquor at duty free and just buying mixers when you're there.

Posted

If I had banned myself from walmart, I think I would have easily saved myself several hundred quid. It's just SO CHEAP. Agree with Quentin tho, the portion sizes with the food are vast, and I'd quite often just eat an appetiser for my main and it'd be dirt cheap. (So would make up for it with Fishbowl Margaritas). Quite often we ended up at places during happy hour, premixed drinks, some cocktails, local moonshine,  beer etc usually come in at a good price, but if you are a wine drinker or like a specific spirit, then you might get your shirt pulled off a bit - JD & Coke being a good example, so you're prob better off getting your liquor at duty free and just buying mixers when you're there.

I didn't find Walmart that cheap when I was there to be honest! But yes, the booze certainly was  :drunk:

Posted

If I had banned myself from walmart, I think I would have easily saved myself several hundred quid. It's just SO CHEAP. Agree with Quentin tho, the portion sizes with the food are vast, and I'd quite often just eat an appetiser for my main and it'd be dirt cheap. (So would make up for it with Fishbowl Margaritas). Quite often we ended up at places during happy hour, premixed drinks, some cocktails, local moonshine, beer etc usually come in at a good price, but if you are a wine drinker or like a specific spirit, then you might get your shirt pulled off a bit - JD & Coke being a good example, so you're prob better off getting your liquor at duty free and just buying mixers when you're there.

I banned my wife from Walmart, well I thought I did :)

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

I didn't find Walmart that cheap when I was there to be honest! But yes, the booze certainly was  :drunk:

I suspect you weren't buying organic hair products and bandanas tho Nick!

Chick- stuff aside, We picked up a go pro last year and that was at least £100 cheaper than here. Yo have to pick your buys, I agree not everything is competitive. But there are bargains to be had!

Posted

I suspect you weren't buying organic hair products and bandanas tho Nick!

Chick- stuff aside, We picked up a go pro last year and that was at least £100 cheaper than here. Yo have to pick your buys, I agree not everything is competitive. But there are bargains to be had!

Very true, my shopping list was 90% red meat and beer.

In terms of non-foody stuff yeah it was cheap, if anyone has a trouser accident from a near bolt of lightning, they can get some new undergarments at a basement price.

• Like 2

Posted

Quick update - places are filling across all the tours, tour 4 the busiest so far - we're in to car 2 on that one..

Posted

Any of the usual suspects booked on?

Posted

Is it at all possible to book for the first 3 tours next year ? judging from my excitement now to the build up to my first tour this year I think next year I will want longer ! Aha

Posted

Is it at all possible to book for the first 3 tours next year ? judging from my excitement now to the build up to my first tour this year I think next year I will want longer ! Aha

You won't regret it, we did a double tour, and it was great, you will get much more than double the fun that's for sure.