Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighPressure

Katie Hopkins - She has to go.

As a parent of an austic child and actively involved in trying to setup employment for another, surely Katie Hopkins has gone too far this time:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/01/stephen-hawkings-daughter-lucy-katie-hopkins-stop-bullying-people-disabilities_n_7187596.html

Its simply shamefull!

She is one of those talentless caravans who craves attention and is willing to get it no matter what.This includes being controversial for the sake of it. Why is she famous(ish)?  She is given way too much media coverage, that's why, if everyone ignores the stupid onion, then she should disappear into obscurity and this couldn't happen fast enough.

Its what she does, what she says is worth taking as a pinch of salt, But Ed does come across the screen odd, I never thought it had anything to do with autism till this post, Lots of people says his stare is weird,

What she said got attention of people this terrible disability, She then insults them, But when she gets money publicity by doing this its what she does 

Modern day media and false celebrity ... In other country's she would not be giving any time of day 

Autism is a very wide spectrum, basically pratically all of us are on the scale, we all have our little querks, traits and things we are good or bad at. It varies from those who are very badly effected and find it hard to walk or communicate in anyway, to some of our most talented artists and inventors, Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, Isaac Newton to name just a few are all known or thought to have been on the high functioning side of the spectrum.

The biggest problem a parent faces is prejustice, and Hopkins comments are just nasty but damaging. I actually think she is guilty of a crime as bad if not worse then racism, for which she could be arrested.

Autism is a very wide spectrum, basically pratically all of us are on the scale, we all have our little querks, traits and things we are good or bad at. It varies from those who are very badly effected and find it hard to walk or communicate in anyway, to some of our most talented artists and inventors, Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, Isaac Newton to name just a few are all known or thought to have been on the high functioning side of the spectrum.

The biggest problem a parent faces is prejustice, and Hopkins comments are just nasty but damaging. I actually think she is guilty of a crime as bad if not worse then racism, for which she could be arrested.

Racism and disability  should be same crime as its a crime against how some one is born/had bad accident 

I.e its how you are you can not change that

As a high Pressure said above. A lot of very sucessful, intelligent people have been autistic or on the autistic spectrum.

Through my own personal research I have encountered many people with autism and Aspergers. Often they lack certain "skills", often social skills but they excel in other areas such as maths, electronics, engineering etc.

As has been said, we all have our quirks and our brains are all wired differently. It's what makes us all unique. What is to say what is "right" behaviour?

As for her, well, I used to work with her husband. Enough said, they deserve each other

She is just a troll. She has strongly alluded to the fact that she often doesn't mean what she says and that it's all very tongue in cheek. If people stopped giving her the oxygen of publicity, they'd get their wish.

She's like a Twitter troll. And like a Twitter troll, they should just be ignored rather giving them the publicity they crave.

She'll be old and alone. Enough punishment i'll say.

Being spiteful is becoming the norm, i'm sorry to say. I'm a gamer and how these 20 year's old behave makes me wonder what kind of world my lil one is getting into. AT least we are teaching her manners and respect. 

In the gaming world she 'flames' and does a good job of it, and like alot of flamers they end up on block lists and that's where the media should put her, although  they are as much to blame,  publishing her comments in the first place.

'haters make me famous'  ~ a gamer

She'll be old and alone. Enough punishment i'll say.

Being spiteful is becoming the norm, i'm sorry to say. I'm a gamer and how these 20 year's old behave makes me wonder what kind of world my lil one is getting into. AT least we are teaching her manners and respect. 

In the gaming world she 'flames' and does a good job of it, and like alot of flamers they end up on block lists and that's where the media should put her, although  they are as much to blame,  publishing her comments in the first place.

'haters make me famous'  ~ a gamer

I disagree. I just think it's the anonymity that enables people to become spiteful as you call it, I don't necessarily think people are more unpleasant.

People want free speech, but not when it comes to KH, it seems.

You don't need to worry about KH, she doesn't mean what she says. It's the ones who do and are more anonymous people need to worry about.

I couldn't give a toss whether she writes something nice, something awful or being melted by water being chucked on her. 

The fact people react so angrily to here and post so much abut her shows that what she does is working.

If find her mildly irritating ,but like clarkson she pushes people's buttons and as usual people respond ,just don't listen is the best policy imho :)...

I couldn't give a toss whether she writes something nice, something awful or being melted by water being chucked on her. 

The fact people react so angrily to here and post so much abut her shows that what she does is working.

Absolutely. 

I disagree. I just think it's the anonymity that enables people to become spiteful as you call it, I don't necessarily think people are more unpleasant.

You haven't worked in retail. 

Katie Hopkins is hugely popular as are eighties comedians Griff Rhys Jones and Jim Davidson.

Do you want these people leaving the country next week ? Is that what you really want ? Or can we wake up on Friday morning and carry on with the policies that reward these hard working celebrities and start really cutting benefits for these 'disabled' scroungers.

Can't stand the woman myself, one of those who I really think those valuable assets of oxygen and water are wasted on.

Cameron and his cronies obviously think differently though....sums it up really and although I'm not that keen on Milliband, if KH finds him some repulsive, he's obviously gone up in my thinking.

Racism and disability  should be same crime as its a crime against how some one is born/had bad accident 

I.e its how you are you can not change that

The reason I think that this could be worse than racism or other forms of prejudice is simply the fact that at least they have the ability to fight back, but someone with autism lacks those very abilities and social skills needed to ever stand a chance.

Reaction is OTT compared to the comment.
She pointed out Milliband seems a tad autistic?
Maybe he is, are we not supposed to mention it or pretend not to notice?
Anyone would think she advocated gassing anyone with symptoms.

As others point out autism is quite widespread and doesn't make you a 'useless person'.
Clearly some with teh condition have very high IQs despite being somewhat awkward socially.
Not sure if that applies to Milliband though.

She's a acrimonious cow and there's no bother feeding her by the reactions it's what propels her.

I have an autistic younger cousin (high functioning) so I find her comments to be very distasteful, but people's reactions are silly - this is precisely what she wants. Time to ignore her and she will disappear into irrelevance.

Exactly it's others reactions that keep her going, As with most celebrities. Can't stand 'em..

As someone who's actually on the autism spectrum, I cannae be arsed with the silly cow... :rofl:

As someone who's actually on the autism spectrum, I cannae be arsed with the silly cow... :rofl:

same here lad !!.

• Spring has sprung: Warm sunshine today and more to come this week

At least the weather's doing its best to cheer things up in these difficult times, as spring arrives in earnest. While there'll be a few hiccups on the way, the coming week also looks fine and warm at times, particularly over England and Wales. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Spring warmth and sunshine this weekend but we've got to stay at home

In normal times we'd be talking about the excellent timing of the sunshine and warmth coming through at the weekend. But of course,a0these aren't normal times, so even though temperatures could get to 20-21c in places tomorrow, we're all going to have to enjoy it from home. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1