Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 1 2015

Madeleine clail

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoes

Can't wait just over a week to go and see there is some crazy weather in Texas.me and my sister are on tour 1 and arrive midday from Heathrow so if anyone wants to meet up at the airport we will be there very early morning.give me a text I'm Madeleine (mads) 07445220258. Can text me now if you like be nice to know whose in our group? Me and my sister are so excited and like a good laugh!!

Bring it on!! YEEHA!! ✈ï¸ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸âš¡ï¸â˜€ï¸â˜”ï¸ðŸ»ðŸ˜‚

post-23160-0-86102300-1430238415_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Paul and I fly out on the 6th - it's all looking good so far.  The weather has woken up, the cars are ready to be collected and the kit bag is bulging with gadgets!

Posted

Medium ranger models starting to show a much better pattern for Tour 1 at the moment, GFS Shows us hitting the ground running but may need to head North straight after picking up the last of the guests next Friday, Saturday could be a nice little chase day in the Central Plains. After that a much stronger H5 Flow for around the 14-17th May.

Looking active at least, start to get excited soon Tour 1 Guests

Posted

Tour 1 Starts on Saturday 9th May and it looks like the Weather Gods are smiling on us once again this year with lots of Precip and nothingness all next week until.....The 9th. And what better way to start and educate all the newbies but a good old fashioned Dryline Event which they would not have come across ever before.

Hope you guys are ready for this.

post-24-0-90987300-1430588772_thumb.png

10th Also looks good before a few down days but its not long before a very nice H5 Pattern sets up for the middle to end of the Tour.

2 Words

Looking Active

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Hey,

I fly on the 7th May and land at 1550 local time in Dallas on the 7th. Staying the night in Best Western 4100 W. Airport Freeway. Very very very excited now, final packing etc. Mobile is 07914156148 if anyone wants to get in touch. Presume flying out at day early like that is OK?

I've never been to America before so this is an adventure on two counts!

What is the best way to get to the Best Western from the airport after I land?

Thanks and looking forward to meting everyone!

Mike.

Posted

Mike

You are on the same flight as Tom Lynch so presuming you don't mind hanging around Car Rentals whilst he gets his vehicle sorted then he can run you and the luggage to the Best Western where myself, Tom and Ian are also staying on the 7th

Posted

Mike

You are on the same flight as Tom Lynch so presuming you don't mind hanging around Car Rentals whilst he gets his vehicle sorted then he can run you and the luggage to the Best Western where myself, Tom and Ian are also staying on the 7th

That sounds great to me, I'll stay on the flight I am currently on, and can hang around the airport for sure.

Thanks for your help!

Mike.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hi Paul 

I have arrange to meet Mike at the usual place in T5 and will stick with him until we meet at car rentals.

heck might even look after him during the chase :yahoo:  

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted

Hi Paul 

I have arrange to meet Mike at the usual place in T5 and will stick with him until we meet at car rentals.

heck might even look after him during the chase :yahoo:  

Tom

Hahaha! Appreciated Tom! So much looking forward to this, I think Tuesday and Wednesday at work will be write-offs!

Mike.

Posted

Ian M has all those details so in answer to your question nope not a clue yet.

Posted

Tour 1 really starting to look good now.

This week see's Slight Risks in Kansas pretty much all week but with lower Severe Risks due to the main Cyclone being held back across the Intermountain West. Ejection Day looks like being Saturday which is Tour 1's first chase day. SPC Already have a 15% Risk out for this day and with the main Jet phasing with the STJ Before breaking away this will help to eject the Cyclone NE Quite quickly, looks likely to be a Triple Point Play in Western Kansas with a sharp dryline setting up, huge amounts of Cape and decent SW Flow, after this the Low rapidly ejects to the NE So probably a Iowa, Nebraska chase on Sunday 10th, then a few quiet days before more troughing starts another active spell from the 13th onwards.

Hope everyone is ready for this as Day 1 could be the biggy and first signs of something big last 2 days of the tour as well.

post-24-0-61596900-1430734565_thumb.png

post-24-0-89573800-1430734585_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

looking good for the first tour!  plenty of virtual chasing to be had!

Mike, i am sure Tom will look after you! you will have a blast!  

Enjoy it!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Mike just give my a call when you are into the main part of the terminal 5 Heathrow, I will get you to the Best  Western Irving , just got to pick up a van and we will be on our way. 

Tom 

• Like 1

Posted

Tour 1 Starts on Saturday 9th May and it looks like the Weather Gods are smiling on us once again this year with lots of Precip and nothingness all next week until.....The 9th. And what better way to start and educate all the newbies but a good old fashioned Dryline Event which they would not have come across ever before.

Hope you guys are ready for this.

attachicon.gifusacapeli.png

10th Also looks good before a few down days but its not long before a very nice H5 Pattern sets up for the middle to end of the Tour.

2 Words

Looking Active

"May the FORCE be with you...."

Posted

GFS firming up and will be in NAM range by tomorrow morning.

Sat 9th looking like a higher end play on the DL in W OK, far SW KS. An impressive 75kn H50 streak will add plenty of shear above high cape just east of the DL.

I predict a possible 30% risk Day 5 in SPC's update this morning.
Big plains rollers drifting across W OK. Nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

oooh, I'm looking forward to some virtual chasing, watching the stream etc. Early Weekend outlook looks very promising! I am super envious.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/exper/day4-8/

(Make sure you get the beers in before you end up in Kansas on Sunday.........!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Check the first post in this thread, I think you'll find some friends at Heathrow :-)  And it does look like we'll be heading toward the Oklahoma border on Friday, Hope you guys are ready for a fast start!  It's juicy out here, like being in a sauna, and big storms are firing up from New Mexico to Nebraska at the moment, if we hadn't been travelling for 12 hours and awake for 20 hours it would be tempting, but beer and ribs seem a decent second choice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain

Glad you guys arrived okay and sampled the best ribs in the world! Hopefully everyone will arrive on time so you can get to where you need to be for Saturday. It's going to be a crazy few days for sure, all the best.