Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

A chance encounter

Being an absolutely brilliant day I got up early and popped up to one of ex mining villages to take some photos, something I've been meaning to do for a while.

After an hour I was knackered so sat down on the hill above the village for a rest and a fag. Along came a gay chappy and his dog. I only mention he was gay because he was very camp. His opening gambit was, "your looking very dapper". I replied, "just a few things I chucked on quickly as I was in a hurry".

The conversation progressed until we fell out. He opined that he thought some of the rock formations on Carn Brea showed similarities to Henry Moore's work but I disagreed and threw Barbara Hepworth into the riing. He got quite excited and insisted they are, "far more Henry" and when I continued to disagree he flounced off in a huff followed by the wee terrier with it's tail erect.

That's another ten minutes I'll never get back. Not only that the battery ran out on one of my cameras.

Try to get on with your fellow humans, I am sure he was only trying to be friendly and not anything else.

I had some like this happen to me at work.

I used to work on a counter next to the deli and often spoke to the girl who made the pizza's.

She often moaned about her boyfriend's ex to me, and a story that this ex 'got pregnant to try and keep him' She was not backwards in telling me how much she 'hated this fat ugly child' to my horror.

After a week off this I said' hate on the mother by all means but it's not fair to hate on the baby' She walked away.

We have never spoken again and when she started to work in HR she tried to make my life Hell. That was 20 odd years ago.

I should just like to say my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I'm sure myself and the chap with the dog thought it quite good fun.

I had a neighbour that used to park his car in my layby although not bothering me much ,so I once said jokingly I'll be charging you 5 pounds a day for the privilege , he took umptus and never spoke to me again !!.

People generally don't like to be told what they don't want to hear or when they've done wrong and will treat you like the devil if they are told.

Like the people who ask for an honest opinion and then hate you forever if you give them a truthful, but polite one. Don't ask if you don't want to know!

Dami, a similar story to you in that one of my colleagues was gfuqhgfpjhing to me about a woman she didn't like and then started saying horrible things about this woman's child that she'd never met. I said to her by all means have a grievance with the Mum, but to take it out on the 4 year old child was harsh. She has never spoken to me ever again despite sitting only 3 desks away from me.