Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yes its been snowing on and off really now for a few hours amazingly enough. Everything that had cleared is now dusted white again with a covering!

We'll see what we wake up too.  meto warning is mainly for ice but it does say a little snow is possible. These showers seem to keep developing!

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Winter Cold said:

Yes its been snowing on and off really now for a few hours amazingly enough. Everything that had cleared is now dusted white again with a covering!

We'll see what we wake up too.  meto warning is mainly for ice but it does say a little snow is possible. These showers seem to keep developing!

Yep the roads are well coated all the way from Ringinglow to the top of bents green where the snow is heaviest not surprising.

Top of Ringinglow past Norfolk arms i dare say is only passable by 4x4s as the road was still coated in snow from last night and not gritted.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

No new covering here most of the showers have missed us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Just got a feeling tonight is going to be a bit of a damp squib.  If you have any elevation you may get a dusting but I wouldn't be surprised if we just get a bit of drizzle here.

It feels quite 'damp' and the melt is continuing despite the temperature only being 1c.  Not sure if it is the uppers or the dew point but I would be surprised if we have any top up overnight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Been snowing on and off for the last few hours here.Lasts nights snow is still clinging on especially  on the lawns.Anything new isn't settling except on the extreme top of the car roof as everywhere is just to wet.

Posted

Temperature up to 1.4c from 0.6c earlier and the melt continues.

Probably only around 25% snow cover left now.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has disappeared entirely by tomorrow morning!

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted

A bit of a nondescript day today as it was just cloudy and dry all day,but felt a bit warmer than the last couple of days.

Max Temp 3.1C

Min Temp 1.6C

Wind Gust 9.2mph Sou' Westerly

Wind Average 5.6mph East sou' Easterly

Barometer 1013mb Falling

Posted

well the model thread is full of doom and gloom from a coldies perspective tonight, this is looking like an imby second succesive snowless winter, still time to change i guess but with the days now drawing out the chances of a proper cold spell are rapidly reducing

Posted
2 hours ago, sparky1972 said:

well the model thread is full of doom and gloom from a coldies perspective tonight, this is looking like an imby second succesive snowless winter, still time to change i guess but with the days now drawing out the chances of a proper cold spell are rapidly reducing

Keep the faith Sparky!

I am very confident we will see another cold spell before winter / spring is over and this one will make the last one look insignificant by comparison.

Who knows we may even see a return of the fabled 'Beast From The East!'

PS - you wouldn't even know it had snowed here now.  Just a one day wonder in the end!

• Like 1

Posted

Have a sneaky suspicion the models are going to flip this evening just a hunch but i definitely think something is brewing.

Especially as mr Szchafernaker or however you pronounce his name eluded too a few days a go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Yes Im awaiting the 12z's with interest, really need to start seeing some momentum towards the next cold snap as early Feb still holds the opportunity of very cold snowy weather. Hills round here still hanging onto their snow cover which has been there for nearly a week now, would of been a great cold snap in this area had it not being a 200m + job. Lets hope 12z GFS follows the 6z and the Euros improve.

Posted
1 hour ago, vizzy2004 said:

Yes Im awaiting the 12z's with interest, really need to start seeing some momentum towards the next cold snap as early Feb still holds the opportunity of very cold snowy weather. Hills round here still hanging onto their snow cover which has been there for nearly a week now, would of been a great cold snap in this area had it not being a 200m + job. Lets hope 12z GFS follows the 6z and the Euros improve.

Just shows the difference an extra 100-200m can do eh? The hills around here still have plenty of snow too.

We will have to wait and see if the 12z improves our chances like i hope my hunch is right and it goes the way we want.

Posted

A cloudy and dry morning with an airt frost to begin with, then fog appeared. Later the sun burnt the foggy away and it was a nice sunny pleasant early afternoon. Clear skies later.

Max Temp 8.7C

Min temp -0.8C

Wind Gust 3.5mph West Nor' Westerly

Wind Average 1.5mph West Nor' Westerly

Barometer 1019mb Rising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

A rare air frost right now. Only -1C to beat for the coldest winter night which is pathetic.

Posted

Very cold out there at the moment, harsh frost and very thick fog (Freezing fog!), definitely the coldest night of the winter so far. :)

The walk home from the gym in the fog was rather creepy haha!

Posted

A frosty start with a 9am temperature of just -0.8C. It was cloudy and mostly dry but some light rain late afternoon arrived.

Max Temp 2.9C

Windchill Temp 2.4C

Min Temp -3.3C

Wind Gust 8.1mph Nor' Easterly

Wind Average 4.8mph Easterly

Barometer 1016mb Falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Coldest night of the Winter so far last night with a low of -3.6c which closes the curtains on this colder spell of weather we have had for the last week. Readily approaching the 1 year mark since the last day of lying snow, although hopes remain high for February and March. Thread is likely to remain quiet for a while now but I hope to see it buzzing again soon.

Posted

yeah nice to see the very hard frost last night, was properly cold. Was still frosty at 10am.

Shame its back to SW mild mush now for a week or so but I really really hope we start to see the signs in the models soon for the much touted cold Feb. One little evening of snow so far does not a winter make lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no
5 hours ago, Winter Cold said:

yeah nice to see the very hard frost last night, was properly cold. Was still frosty at 10am.

Shame its back to SW mild mush now for a week or so but I really really hope we start to see the signs in the models soon for the much touted cold Feb. One little evening of snow so far does not a winter make lol!

I hope so too... i think there are some good signs in the operationals , that are sniffing at something for feb.. the shifting/displacement of the pv  and all that warming up in the strat .. well its a bit like having mike tyson on the ropes in round 2 and your just wanting to deliver the knockout blow and then realise  your arm weakening lol... :) 

Its a question of , is there enough punch to bring the pv down?        i`m more than sure we will know this within the next five days or so... 

i really think feb and also march will deliver the goods for our part of the world :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

How miserable is it? Gloomy, grey and wet. :( 

Fingers crossed for a big flip from the Models Soon instead of a big flop! 

I can't stand going back to this weather type, its so depressing 

Posted
14 hours ago, bryan629 said:

I hope so too... i think there are some good signs in the operationals , that are sniffing at something for feb.. the shifting/displacement of the pv  and all that warming up in the strat .. well its a bit like having mike tyson on the ropes in round 2 and your just wanting to deliver the knockout blow and then realise  your arm weakening lol... :) 

Its a question of , is there enough punch to bring the pv down?        i`m more than sure we will know this within the next five days or so... 

i really think feb and also march will deliver the goods for our part of the world :cold:

I agree Bryan. Nice to hear that the EC32 has now joined GLOSEA in the atlantic ridge through Feb. If we can get greenland heights then thats a sure sign we can get something good. I dont think for a minute we'll be seeing Dec 2010 again lol but hopefully enough for snow bearing temps and a sustained effort at that!

Just a nice proper cold 2 weeks with decent snow cover for a while would do me :D:cold:

March as a bonus would be great :good:

• Like 2

Posted

A mild and dry start, but the rain came fairly soon during the morning. The afternoon became dry and mild.

Max Temp 10.9C

Min Temp 3.8C

Wind Gust 17.3mph Sou' Westerly

Wind Average 8.1mph Sou' Easterly

Rainfall 6.8mm

Barometer 1012mb Rising

Posted

So who is jealous of the blizzard across the pond?  

Never mind I have it on good authority that the Met Office will shortly be issuing a drizzle warning for the whole of the UK!

Joyous dampness for one and all to enjoy!

• Like 1