Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
6 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

A day of contrast today with a sunny morning and then now we have an almighty deluge. 

The temp fell to 8.9c this morning and there was a lovely inversion with fog/mist in the valleys but it quickly warmed up with the max temp being 20.4c at 11.30am.

Cq2LVnJWAAAeRHh.jpg:large

Cq2LVnJWAAAeRHh.jpg-large

Superb pic matey!! :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

we just had heavy rain for most of the day.. but yeah. started out with bright sunshine!

My eyes are focused on next weekend - off to the IOW for a couple of weeks so I've been looking at the charts and the model threads, it's looking rather good for at least the first week.

of course, Gaston my still have something to say about that....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, stupotlee said:

we just had heavy rain for most of the day.. but yeah. started out with bright sunshine!

My eyes are focused on next weekend - off to the IOW for a couple of weeks so I've been looking at the charts and the model threads, it's looking rather good for at least the first week.

of course, Gaston my still have something to say about that....

Looking at this mornings charts, Gaston could actually be of help for your holiday, riding the jet to the North of the U.K. which allows high pressure to build from the South. Along way off mind but looking ok for now. Back home in North Yorkshire, may aswell stay in bed all day, forecast 16c Max and cloudy/murky :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, vizzy2004 said:

Looking at this mornings charts, Gaston could actually be of help for your holiday, riding the jet to the North of the U.K. which allows high pressure to build from the South. Along way off mind but looking ok for now. Back home in North Yorkshire, may aswell stay in bed all day, forecast 16c Max and cloudy/murky :nonono:

I've not seen this mornings forecast for Gaston, but I know the recent ones have been quite favourable.

It's prettymurky here. no idea on temperature. my weather station broke a little while ago and I've still not got around to replacing it .

Posted
1 hour ago, stupotlee said:

I've not seen this mornings forecast for Gaston, but I know the recent ones have been quite favourable.

It's prettymurky here. no idea on temperature. my weather station broke a little while ago and I've still not got around to replacing it .

Stocksbridge currently recording between 16-18c a bit lower down that you. Better get it fixed for winter :p

Posted

Gorgeous day here today, reached the dizzy heights of 22c. Rest of the week doesn't look so clever with the wind picking up and bits of rain about!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Absolutely black as night now here. Cant emphasise enough. Clouds are black. Can see the lightning over to the west and hear some thunder. Looks to be a very heavy pulse moving NE into Sheffield very soon.

Tried taking a pic but the phone screen makes it look too light!! Not capturing the near darkness at all

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted

Great wasnt it. Sky still flashing a bit now. It timed it perfectly for it going dark anyway so the lightning got better :D  Managed to take a few vids on phone that have some good footage actually so ill sort that and upload it later in week.

Best storm in ages, great Tuesday treat :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Looks like North of Bradford got hit the worst.

This is causing flash floods here, could lose one of our bridges in a field as its at the top of it. Was out in the worst of the storm checking on the land and it seemed to be a lightning strike at least every second, it was absurd and I have never experienced anything like it until now.

Thing is it was bad here, but god knows what it was like for those 5-10 miles to our east.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

wow! what a storm that was.

madness...soooo dark..hail..wind...rain and not to mention the lightning striking every couple of seconds.

didnt want it to go :( could have watched it all night.

Posted

Virtually been non stop heavy rain and lightning since 7.30.

Seems to be several cells around. One to the south, one to the west and one to the north producing non stop flashes reminiscent of that great storm a few years ago which was pennine based but well visible from here.

Lightning picking up again just now. Best stuff seemed to be over Calverley / Idle way ??

Anyone verify?

Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted

Finally had some time to upload a clip and capture a few highlights of Tuesday evenings brilliant thunderstorm :D  Definately one to remember!

2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg5.jpg4.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
16 hours ago, Winter Cold said:

Finally had some time to upload a clip and capture a few highlights of Tuesday evenings brilliant thunderstorm :D  Definately one to remember!

2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg5.jpg4.jpg

EPIC!

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Been reading through York/Lincs threads from 2011/12/13 earlier today getting all nostalgic! Its amazing how many of us come out of the woodwork and onto this thread when there's a bit of white stuff about. Hoping to see the gang soon :p

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow
On 01/10/2016 at 21:11, vizzy2004 said:

Been reading through York/Lincs threads from 2011/12/13 earlier today getting all nostalgic! Its amazing how many of us come out of the woodwork and onto this thread when there's a bit of white stuff about. Hoping to see the gang soon :p

They could be here next week!

gfsnh-0-192.png

Promising early signs for cold and maybe snow.

Edited by Barry95
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

What day did it last rain on?

Posted

hi everyone, well i did read a few days ago that there could be record cold temps for halloween, now it looks like it could be time to get the BBQ out for another outting, temps look very decent and if the sun comes out to it could be a cracking halloween and a few days either side too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Short-sleeved costumes then!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Hi all, 

Just to make a note that we had the first frost of the season here today.

Lovely blue skies and sunshine following.  

B. :)

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

i wouldn't rule out some wet snow for the North Yorkshire Moors on Sat night judging by some of the recent forecasts !

Just been talking to Lewis about this, it appears some warmer uppers have appeared along the east coast over the last few model updates which may scupper the chance of snow up there. MetO still bullish, we shall see.