Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

You dont have much luck vizzy do you..  :p   Cheers for the pic though, glad you saw some snow!

Id have thought front edge snow is possible today but as PIT says, forecast isnt up to much. Just says possible sleet at first

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
21 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

You dont have much luck vizzy do you..  :p   Cheers for the pic though, glad you saw some snow!

Id have thought front edge snow is possible today but as PIT says, forecast isnt up to much. Just says possible sleet at first

Haha no need to feel sorry for me, although its nice to have snow at home I've spent the last few days in Braemar and the Cairngorms hiking in a thick blanket of snow!

Posted
2 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Haha no need to feel sorry for me, although its nice to have snow at home I've spent the last few days in Braemar and the Cairngorms hiking in a thick blanket of snow!

Oh great stuff. Im mucho jealous!!!  Do you have a few pics you can post please? Id love to go up to Scotland and do that :D:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Well worth it, we did it last minute as we'd already been on holiday in Northumbria during the week and saw snow was forecast for up there.

image.thumb.jpg.c1dec646aa6ee2ce14f27047image.thumb.jpg.12a65ce175d9ac582a457cc6image.thumb.jpg.b32fdbff0b9339416b0aa788image.thumb.jpg.ed22e29e45fd39525e0db7f0

image.thumb.jpg.152ef64f07b16e01f2395a2e

Edited by vizzy2004
  • Like 2

Posted

Only high ground to see transient,shirt lived snow today with mild air sweeping in.

Some bad flooding in the West of our region.Towards Bingley,Keighley,Skipton and ft arrive northwards.

Edited by joggs

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

just looking  at fantasy world  outlook i hope it dont happen it the last thing you people need

Posted
14 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Well worth it, we did it last minute as we'd already been on holiday in Northumbria during the week and saw snow was forecast for up there.

Cheers for posting those. Always nice to see snow :D

Glad you had a good time up there. Heres hoping the new year will bring us new fortunes in our region lol...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Some incredible pictures online from West Yorkshire of the flooding...I've got a clear blue sky day here in Limousin but sadly I've got "the Gastro" so I'm housebound (toilet-bound putting it correctly). Will feel better soon, so looking forward to getting a couple of bike rides in later in the week as it gets nice and warm...

Posted

A dry night after almost 1inch of rain yesterday, and some light rain during the early hours. The day was dry but a frosty start, with little or no wind.

Max Temp 3.6C

Min Temp -1.2C

Wind Gust 3.5mph Easterly

Wind Average 1.4mph East sou' Easterly

Rainfall 1.2mm

Barometer 1017mb Falling

Posted

i have a feeling that spring 2016 is going to feel longer than normal as it seems it has already started, little glimpses of sunlight over the last cpl of days it really has been feeling very pleasent, the shortest day will soon be upon us and within a cpl of weeks the days will start getting longer,  so nothing for the coldies amongst us to get excited about, still at least we can hope that winter 2016/17 will balance things up and give us a cold one.

Posted

A more or less non descript day, with it being cloudy, very mild with a light wind and dry, for a change.

Max Temp 14.5C. This must be a record for December in this part of the country!

Min Temp 11.1C

Wind Gust 15mph Sou' Westerly

Wind Average 7.7mph Sou' Sou' Westerly

Barometer 1008mb Rising

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
23 hours ago, sparky1972 said:

i have a feeling that spring 2016 is going to feel longer than normal as it seems it has already started, little glimpses of sunlight over the last cpl of days it really has been feeling very pleasent, the shortest day will soon be upon us and within a cpl of weeks the days will start getting longer,  so nothing for the coldies amongst us to get excited about, still at least we can hope that winter 2016/17 will balance things up and give us a cold one.

A year without an winter. Springs already started.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

6 hrs another model run and old change again. Xmas day now looking cold and very wet for south Yorkshire and wet again boxing day but becoming mild.

Posted

A dry start today, but quite strong gusts at times. By lunchtime the first signs of rain appeared, and stayed wet for most of nthe afternoon. It felt quite warm even in the wind during the morning, but the temperature dropped a few degrees when it was raining.

Max temp 14.2C

Min temp 8.8C

Wind Gust 29mph Sou' Westerly

Wind Average 11.4mph Sou' Westerly.

Rainfall 3mm

Barometer 1003mb Rising

Posted

Rain at first, then a dry and sunny morning, which continuted into the afternoon. It was quite windy at times.

Max Temp 9.4C

Wind Chill 7.6C

Min Temp 6C

Wind Gust 18.4mph West Nor' Westerly

Wind Average 9.3mph Sou' Sou' Westerly

Rainfall 2.2mm

Barometer 1013mb Falling