Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Good morning all, could someone a lot more knowledgeable than myself post as to what the region is possibly looking at over the weekend, weather wise please, was hoping to take the kids to Donna nook either this weekend or the weekend after to see the seals. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

So precip looks to of increased tomorrow night and into saturday, only problem with that is we now have a pesky warm sector affecting eastern areas, this will soon clear South dragging colder uppers from the North so showers will turn readily to snow as they do. Although I'm expecting the snow level East of York to be around 200/300m overnight with sleet at lower levels, snow level will be lower further west but still unsure. Such a complex and changing setup but unfortunately its a downgrade for many in the east.

Posted

With all eyes to the weekend I didn't see last night coming! 

Impressive squall at around 9pm. Regular lightning, counted at least 10 strikes! Rain rate of 30mm/hr with some impressive gusts! 

Spent all summer tracking storms and then that hit out of nowhere! 

As my good mate Viz said above, Probably nothing much here on the coast tomorrow in terms of snow, Saturday probably looks best at the moment. There should be some decent convection due to warmer SST's. 

We've had many surprise snowfalls here in Scarborough in November. Stronger convection = heavier showers, Remember a few years ago, Hudson forecast rain, woke up to 3 inches of the white stuff. It didn't stick around long but some surprises may well pop up! 

Posted

Warnings out for tomorrow night. Not too hopeful here but it does mention snow to lower levels at time, will be staying up tomorrow night with car and camera at the ready.

post-6447-0-21637800-1447932898_thumb.jp

post-6447-0-81932600-1447932914_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted

A bright and sunny start, but showers came late morning. The afternoon was mostly dry with some weak sunshine.

Max Temp 10.6C

Min Temp 7.8C

Wind Gust 25.3mph WS Westerly

Wind Average 12.2mph WN Westerly

Rainfall 2.8mm

Barometer 1007mb Rising

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Mmmmm maybe just maybe the first Snow of Autumn this weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Fingers crossed PIT! I guess we need one of these trough projections to come off to enable something to happen inland for us. NY Moors look an OK bet but if we dont see something fairly substantial pushing in from the east then we may miss out!

I REALLY want to see the first flakes though overnight Friday, into Saturday morning so have to wait and see..... :cold:

EDIT:

This looks and sounds promising from the latest on the METO website;

post-19114-0-89789400-1447960637_thumb.j

'A band of rain, sleet and snow will move south across northern and eastern Scotland later on Friday, then into the Borders and northeast England on Friday night. The snow will mainly affect high ground at first but will fall to lower levels on Friday night. 1-4 cm is likely at some lower levels but with 5-10 cm above 150 m, with drifting in the strong to gale force north or northwesterly winds.'

Ill be hoping to see a covering up here :D

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 1

Posted

Good morning all, could someone a lot more knowledgeable than myself post as to what the region is possibly looking at over the weekend, weather wise please, was hoping to take the kids to Donna nook either this weekend or the weekend after to see the seals. :)

this weekend not a good idea with gale force N'ly for a time on Saturday, Sunday might be okay?

Posted

this weekend not a good idea with gale force N'ly for a time on Saturday, Sunday might be okay?

Ok, thank you, will see what its like next weekend :)

Posted

Looking forward to showers into the early hours and tomorrow morning here, most likely will see regular snow falling after a wintry mix to begin with, which I'll take mid November. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Looking forward to showers into the early hours and tomorrow morning here, most likely will see regular snow falling after a wintry mix to begin with, which I'll take mid November. :)

Me too! :)

Posted

What do we think about our chances for snow tonight then?

You can see the developing low/precipitation over n Scotland on the latest radar.

Posted

Looks like tonight will be a bit of a none event for my neck of the woods, possibly even rain for the hills aswell closer to the coast due to the warm sector, if the band can push further inland then I suspect snow could fall in the pennines and dales away from any sea modification. However uppers will fall as the morning progresses and convective showers will affect eastern areas and turn readily to snow even to low levels, should be some decent accumulations in the heavier showers especially in the moors and wolds. Showers will gradually be confined to coastal areas as the day progresses. Here is the met offices take on my location tomorrow and also a few charts from the latest NMM

.post-6447-0-76062200-1448042417_thumb.jppost-6447-0-61205700-1448042437_thumb.jppost-6447-0-48228000-1448042456_thumb.jp

Edited by vizzy2004

Posted

First snow shower in Crosspool , Sheffield at 18.50. 3c on car thermo so dewpoint must have dropped significantly

Posted

We're already at sleet here in Scarborough, right on the coast. Excellent news, expecting the transition to snow before midnight.

Posted

Indeed!! First few flakes of the season!! :) 

Unfortunately temps will rise tonight associated with the band of PPN. All rain event here i think. 

I'm more interested in the convective showers tomorrow. Wintry mix daylight hours but after dark we could get some accumulations providing the showers continue. 

Posted

Should be snowing up in Leeds providing LBA station is correct.

• Like 1

Posted

YEY first flakes seen :D Happy now. Cant wait for the main band to come through. Im really hoping for a covering, but depends on intensity I guess :):cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Haven't seen any flakes but like coming home to see 1.8C and a dew point of -0.9C

Posted

Yaaaaay it's snowing, first snowfall of season, love it, nice juicy flakes too :) :)

Posted

What time is the main band due? Not sure where I can view short range high res models. Is it the stuff currently over Scotland thats due to develop and push south?