Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Time for a new regional weather chat for Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Just a quick one for anybody that can help.... the Big Snow family are looking to move... Mrs Snow is looking at coast and moving south me im looking at going north and ASL is a big thing for me... can anybody suggest some places above 200m for me to look at?? ive found a place I like in Leyburn but cant find the ASL for it.... Any help you guys n girls can offer will be great.

Posted

Just a quick one for anybody that can help.... the Big Snow family are looking to move... Mrs Snow is looking at coast and moving south me im looking at going north and ASL is a big thing for me... can anybody suggest some places above 200m for me to look at?? ive found a place I like in Leyburn but cant find the ASL for it.... Any help you guys n girls can offer will be great.

http://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-google-maps-find-altitude.htm

If you find the place on there it will tell you the altitude above sea level.

Posted

Quite a few places for sale monks road near glossop averaging 250-400 m asl.... Many parts of the peak.... Or north towards saddleworth upto hebdon bridge way.

It only takes about an hour from here or saddleworth to blackpool.... Ie near a beach part....hehe...

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well this afternoons showery activity is a good example of how rainfall evaporates before it hits the ground. Radar showing rain for here and you can see some dropping from the clouds but only the odd spot hitting the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

yes the convection potential has been a big let down so far yesterday and today. Had nothing. Cold uppers and strong sun should have given big showers, was expecting much more but nothing has happened so far :(

Posted

No doubt the next band of rain will fizzle out as well. The cloud looks quite impressive now it has passed over no doubt snow at high levels.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Thought i must have Time-travelled this morning, 2degC out, slight frost on grass and a weather f/cast mentioning a Polar Low and heavy snow for some places...!! but then i looked at the Scotland thread...nice...shame this weather pattern didn't come 3 months ago...not good for the Swallows, butterflies and bees that were flying around y/day...

Posted

Well im very happy that my 700th post is going to be a snow one! :D:cold: :cold:

Had a brilliant snow shower about 30 mins ago, proper big flakes. What a treat. Shortens the time I have to wait until next winter to see more haha. Couple of pics below but they havent come out great, it looked better than this lol:

post-19114-0-22088300-1430213906_thumb.j   post-19114-0-00697600-1430213917_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Bit of sleet this morning early doors can't say whether later showers were sleet or not as I was at work. I doubt it though.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Had some very heavy rain in Leeds tonight was dark From 5pm heaviest it's been for quite a while

Posted

A real cool feel to the Weatjer today had warmer days in March this year was a cool wind blowing about!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

So much for it being the Sunny North today. It was full cloud, overcast this morning, but dry and cold with a top temperature of 10.5C.

By 'North' they meant Berwick upon Tweed.

Posted

Some nice lenticular clouds forming over the Pennines this evening. Lovely view out of my back window. Thought id share :)

post-19114-0-91291500-1432152117_thumb.jpost-19114-0-34290200-1432152052_thumb.j

Posted

Not a bad day at all today considering rain was forecast. It was manly cloudy this morning, and partially cloud mid afternoon with some nice warm sunshine.

Edited by Rob Heselwood

Posted

Yesterday was pretty cool with full cloud cover and a sharp cool breeze, and by 4pm the max temp was only 14C, but by 6pm it was 16.7C. yes, the sun came out and it was not so breezy.

Today was mostly cloudy in the morning with some sporadic sunshine, but the afternoon turned into a lovely sunny one with top temp at 18.3C as the cloud dispersed to almost a cloudless sky.

It has been like 2 seasons in 2 different days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

So has anyone got the latest model run / forecast for Saturday 6th June

Involved in a festival in North lincs

The last few days have shown high pressure and dry weather but from what I've read today it's all gone belly up

Please could someone update me

Posted

So has anyone got the latest model run / forecast for Saturday 6th June

Involved in a festival in North lincs

The last few days have shown high pressure and dry weather but from what I've read today it's all gone belly up

Please could someone update me

Hi

I would say next Saturday is still looking good so far. Obviously its still a week away so keep checking but todays model runs are still showing high pressure and warm -

Heres the ECM and GFS runs from the past few hours:

ECM

ECU1-192.GIF?29-0

GFS

192-21UK.GIF?29-12   192-580UK.GIF?29-12

So hopefully youll have a very nice day!

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

Posted

Yes the weather for next weekend certyainly looks better than of late. With higher temperatures and dry with it, I expect it to be good.

On todays weather where it was forecast to be the best day of the weekend, I dread to think what the rest of the week will be like.

I was cloudy almost all day, with a medium cool wind blowing in from the N/NNE. Oh and top temperature of just 15.6C, which is a few degrees down on normal end of May Temps

Edited by Rob Heselwood

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Only a max of 18.8c so far this year. Looks like that could start to be broken by Thursday onwards. Been a great start to the storm season here so far with 2 overhead storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Thanks for the responses

I believe today's charts have seriously downgraded

Anyhow dry is key for me lol

Would be great to get the big temperatures but anything around 29 degrees and dry would be spot on

Posted

Well, again it was given to be a wet day here, but the rain came early morning, and almost stopped by 9am. Following that it was still cool with NNW breeze.

April has been the best month so far, with the average just about 1.5C over the 30 year average of 13C, while the average for this month is -1C below the 30 year average of 16C

Posted

Ha, ours has been on many evenings in May. The temeratures have really been dropping away quickly and its been very chilly.

Wet and wild out there tonight! Sounds like mid October on the window lol.

• Like 1