Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

I managed a barbecue yesterday (first of the year!). Clouded over later and then rained in tge evening. Forecast is nice for today here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Currently 16.8C here but doesn't quite feel it since there's 100% cloud cover and a noticeable breeze. If the forecast is correct we could nudge over the 20C mark here this afternoon, but that sheet of cloud is going to have to break up first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just home after my holiday in Kent.   I can't believe how cool it feels here.   They are so lucky down there with their summer weather.   Most days over the whole 5 weeks were warm, sunny and, sometimes, dare I say it, HOT!   We had one wet weekend over the whole holiday.

Paul......... what the hell are you doing in Aviemore!

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Aha, something positive to say about this slow summer - the fruit are ripening slowly so there's no panic to use gluts! Also gooseberries and blackcurrants seem to have excellent flavour.....

Posted

Other than tomorrow (possibly) it does not look a bad week coming up at all

Posted

We've had a virtually dry weekend here, miracles happen!

Now I know how the SE folks feel, if I squint a bit I could swear the grass is going a bit brown.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

We've had a virtually dry weekend here, miracles happen!

Now I know how the SE folks feel, if I squint a bit I could swear the grass is going a bit brown.

Must be dog crap Paul!

Big Innes

• Like 3

Posted

Pleased to say a nice day here today, helped by a home win for the Dandy Dons! :D

Shshh! You'll jinx it, the nice weather that is, the Dons getting beaten will happen without help from jinxes.

Yesterday fine afternoon and evening seems to be continuing into today. Bright, sunny and warm, although there is a breeze and some patches of cloud around. Max of 19.5C in Dyce yesterday and up to 18.7C today so far (at 11am).

My weather station was reading in the low to mid 20s yesterday, but then again some idiot positioned in where the sun can shine on it directly so it does tend to read a bit high on a sunny day. Aboyne hit 19.9C at 1pm yesterday though, which wasn't too far from what I saw around then (20 point something), before the cloud fully cleared.

Posted

heavy rain at last, plus some nice flashbangbumpbumpboomrmmm...

Same here and currently 16c.A nice sunny morning gave us a chance to do the annual worming of the calves and put some anti fly spray on the cows so not a totally lost day.Next batch of hay not touched  since cut  three days ago  so we should get it in the next few days if the dry forecast is correct.

Posted

Skies turned dark here, brighter now although still cloud about. One enthusiastic shower but no lightning to show for it - I was expecting some from the look of the sky (the airport has been forecasting TSRA most of today, to 1800hrs).

Posted

Some heavy showers earlier this afternoon in NE Fife, with thunder here in Crail though I didn't hear any in St Andrews. Now bright blue sunny skies.

Posted

Was a nice evening about an hour ago with rain clearing to north but cloud and rain seem to rotating back in from the north west and the wind is now strong  and gusty A real  October evening now and currently  12c

20.25 update

Getting better now 10c and absolutely torrential rain wioth a very strong wind with I  think almost gale force gusts.

Its so heavy that its like falling snow with visibilty down to about a mile 

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

EPIC stuff this evening... cats, dogs, frogs, kitchen sinks all hammering down. Good job I watered the beans earlier. Still a few distant rumbles too.

• Like 1

Posted

Was a nice evening about an hour ago with rain clearing to north but cloud and rain seem to rotating back in from the north west and the wind is now strong  and gusty A real  October evening now and currently  12c

Update  21.25

Getting better now 10c and absolutely torrential rain wioth a very strong wind with I  think almost gale force gusts.

Its so heavy that its like falling snow with visibilty down to about a mile 

Don"t know how I managed but posts in wrong order just added to previous one

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

EPIC stuff this evening... cats, dogs, frogs, kitchen sinks all hammering down. Good job I watered the beans earlier. Still a few distant rumbles too.

yes still hammering down here but don't hear any more thunder since about 5pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Do you ever wonder if this is as good as it gets! Thoroughly disheartened by the lack of summer. I know I should expect bad summers etc for Scotland, but this is dreadful, had 3 borderline bbq days this summer so far and it looks like going down hill from the end of this week. South of France beckons to live I think. Love Scotland but this summer has killed me off I think lol

• Like 5

Posted

Well today isn't looking like bucking this summer's trend. Cloudy (I can currently see one blue patch of sky but it's very small), mainly dry but rained for a bit earlier, 13.2C @14:00 in Dyce (dropping from a high of 14.8C @10:00). ZZZzzzzz....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well I have felt really cold since I came home.   Thought things were on the up this morning as it was nice and sunny and we reached 18.3c by lunch.   Now sitting at 15c with wall to wall cloud.   Quite chilly in the house in the evenings too but I refuse to hit the heating switch!   It's only August for goodness sake!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I didn't know that Scotland has had it so bad this summer, totally the opposite to down here in the SE where we hit 37c, which was unpleasant to say the least. Don't know if this has already been posted in here, but it explains why you have been stuck in autumn all summer. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33854146

• Like 2