Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

LOL agreed! Aberdeen has killed the lightning, was it's last stand! Still utterly torrential rain here though - don't have a measuring gauge, but we must be well over an inch & counting (realise it's not US standards, but still!!!) :) 

Posted

Rain only moderate here.  Can we say the storm shot its bolt?   :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted

Weird how the lightning ran out of puff once it reached Aberdeen - about Trump's golf course was as far north as it got! Thankfully rain off now, & we have mist again. I do think though it's trying to brighten up now. Hope so!  

Posted

Starting to brighten up now after a cool 10c and very wet start to the day, currently 18c

Fog... or G O F, as Ian McCaskill once memorably showed us! Must be plenty moisture from earlier.  

It went very foggy here today before the cloud cleared. Currently fairly clear but very windy (mardatha will not be amused with the continuing breeze). I've moved out to the countryside in the past couple of weeks and the nearest settlement with a name is a place called Fogo, which is apparently derived from Fog Hollow. We'll see in the autumn and winter if it lives up to the name.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Fog... or G O F, as Ian McCaskill once memorably showed us! Must be plenty moisture from earlier.

The Glaswegian did make a public apology for this mistake..." sorry about the F in Fog " Classic Ian !

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Away out to pick elderflower before the rain comes this evening. Enjoying the last of the nus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

The weekend has been much better than forecast.

Yesterday was decent and today has reached a very respectable 22.3c.

Missed all but 5 mins of the showers that are pilling in to my east. 10 miles away would probably be a very different story but the weather has been perfect today

Posted

Nice day currently 17 but dull and humid,  rain later? Stawberries  outside finally ripened ,had the first todaypost-2744-0-10138500-1436110672_thumb.jp probably about 10 days later than usual although all plant growth has been very fast in the last few days much to my  relief.

• Like 2

Posted

thunder, hail and torrential rain here. soaked...

just along the road sitting in the garden having a beer bliss

Radar looks interesting over the border, come north you lovely rain & thunder :D

SWS will laugh at this after what happened the last time I said it, but there's nowt much showing in the longer term on the ECM & GFS which says "hot settled summer weather" to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Radar looks interesting over the border, come north you lovely rain & thunder :D

SWS will laugh at this after what happened the last time I said it, but there's nowt much showing in the longer term on the ECM & GFS which says "hot settled summer weather" to me.

Just had my first rumble of not too distant thunder.

Overcast the morn, then brightened up, now some evil looking clouds passing over at times.

Just had my first rumble of not too distant thunder.

Overcast the morn, then brightened up, now some evil looking clouds passing over at times.

I thought I'd stumbled into the wrong thread when I saw it was you posting about something evel...then realised my hayfevery eyes were deceiving me.

I think I may be suffering my usual eternal optimism when it comes to all things weather, but this afternoon has reasonable potential to go off with a bang across parts of the country :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

I'd agree out to mid month. After the 15th say is IMO too hard to call yet, we shall see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Cracking thunderstorm sat over Cannich (to West of Inverness) at the moment. Counted at least a dozen cracks of thunder, two pretty close ones too. Torrential rain battering off the caravan roof.

Oh and I was just back from having a shower after a good walk on what has been a very pleasant day. Wife must be sheltering over there until the rain abates. Lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Cracking thunderstorm sat over Cannich (to West of Inverness) at the moment. Counted at least a dozen cracks of thunder, two pretty close ones too. Torrential rain battering off the caravan roof.

Oh and I was just back from having a shower after a good walk on what has been a very pleasant day. Wife must be sheltering over there until the rain abates. Lol

Yep, heard that! Edited by NorthernRab