Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

4/5/2006 I remember that well.. The entire day was on the cloudy side but very warm and humid.. The evening seen huge Thunderstorms rolled in across the Glasgow area giving hours of non stop lightning Florida style storm but bad flash flooding.. Think we got 24c that day aswell..

I think that's what began my interest in the weather!! It was a thunderstorm over my area when I was around 6/7 (so I was 7 when this particular event happened) and since then I've loved severe weather!! Oh the joy! :oops:  :D  :yahoo:

Tomorrow probably has the best potential for intense thunderstorms we've seen in years. It's not often you see Scotland at highest risk in a Spanish plume set up, but all the models are pointing towards an unsually high potential tomorrow. May 2006 anyone? :D

Yes, I've never seen Scotland at such a high risk before, never seen us in the moderate category for severe weather, my area anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Is there an picture to see this severe threat... Currently at work in stilring and its cloudy bit over falkirk way i see clouds breaking up humid also

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Cloud broken up now with sunshine at 21'C, it's going to be a good one!

4/5/2006 I remember that well.. The entire day was on the cloudy side but very warm and humid.. The evening seen huge Thunderstorms rolled in across the Glasgow area giving hours of non stop lightning Florida style storm but bad flash flooding.. Think we got 24c that day aswell..

OK, so it's nothing startling but here's a video I found and uploaded onto Youtube this morning from May 2006. I'm unsure of the exact date but it's in a folder which was loaded onto my old computer on the 6th of May 2006, so it might be from the 4th. Regardless, it does capture a couple of flashes, a fork and some rumbles, plus the rain in the background:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Still cloudy here in Perth, not looking like it wants to shift :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Poor here, not particularly warm. Will be good by afternoon though I reckon.

Cloud could do with shifting!

This is as good as it gets with the cloud today, although the Euro4 does sometimes overestimate the amounts of cloud. White is cloudy, grey part cloudy and so on. My forecast for my wee FB weather page did include the phrase "a lot of cloud" for today:

post-2844-0-84286100-1435660872_thumb.gi

Posted

Afternoon all,

For those of us near the east coast it's all eyes on wind direction. So far it's SWly and we're currently sitting on 22c under partly cloudy skies.

I see Kinloss seems to be leading the temperature table in Scotland so far with 24.4c at 1200.

Posted

Just surpassed 25'C, making this the warmes day of the year here by a fair bit.

Posted

12 O'clock temps from around the Highlands

Alness 24.7c

Inverness 24.6c

Duisky 24.2c

Invergarry 24.2c

Rafford 24.1c

Kiltarlity 23.9c

Birnie 23.8c

Farr 23.8c

Oban 23.1c

Struy 22.9c

Tobermory 22.9c

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Special wee storm risk today for us in the eastern Borders, GFS has been keen on this for a few days now:

attachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +15hrs.png

Edit: Actually, apologies for a severely IMBY first effort at this post, the storm risk moves north during the late afternoon and evening:

attachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +18hrs.pngattachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +21hrs.png

Far more widespread risk tomorrow though, a lot of people should see some action:

attachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +36hrs.pngattachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +39hrs.pngattachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +42hrs.pngattachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +45hrs.png

attachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +39hrs Temps.png

Nae apologies required Catch, pefectly fine by me if it's in yourby!

Big still searching for summer Innes

• Like 1

Posted

Any chance these can drift NE... :pardon:

Special wee storm risk today for us in the eastern Borders, GFS has been keen on this for a few days now:

attachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +15hrs.png

Edit: Actually, apologies for a severely IMBY first effort at this post, the storm risk moves north during the late afternoon and evening:

attachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +18hrs.pngattachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +21hrs.png

Far more widespread risk tomorrow though, a lot of people should see some action:

attachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +36hrs.pngattachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +39hrs.pngattachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +42hrs.pngattachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +45hrs.png

attachicon.gif30th June GFS 00z +39hrs Temps.png

Posted

Met office warning for severe storms out for tomorrow for the south of Scotland. considerable uncertainty on areas affected tho so I'm hoping they push up into the central belt. It mentions hail up to 1cm, rain and frequent lightning and causing considerable disruption.

• Like 1

Posted

Nearly 27'C here now, how's this for temperature variation across the Central Highlands!

post-8058-0-97003800-1435668129_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nearly 27'C here now, how's this for temperature variation across the Central Highlands!

One fine, hot sunny day up there is worth three down here, Rab: azure skies and a much lower pollen-count. And I haven't entirely lost all hope of somewhere in the North West Reaching 31c, tomorrow. It is, though, looking like a bit of a long-shot!  :D

• Like 2

Posted

Nice enough here. Says 22C but I suspect where I am in the city ctre it is that bit cooler, with a breeze & being near the coast. Much better than the mush we've had so far for the majority of this month!

Sunny/bright with some cloud, but nothing to suggest - yet - that heavy showers are brewing, as was forecast. Indeed the airport weather has for now removed the shower risk it was showing earlier in the day for this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I really hope we get a big thunderstorm somewhere in Scotland tomorrow. I may well go out chasing if things are looking good, my camera is charged and ready to go. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Currently sitting at 22.4c which is the highest so far today   Still can't shake off this damn cloud though!   The patch of blue in the pic is the first we have seen today.   This summer reminds me so much of summer 2010, which was the year the Iceland volcano blew.   It was a summer of perpetual cloud.   The only saving grace of course was the wonderful snowy December which followed.   Here's hoping!  

Off to Kent Friday morning, hoping the journey isn't too warm as we are taking the two dogs.   Splitting it into two though and staying ovenight in Grantham which is slightly more than half way.

post-1989-0-33543500-1435678806.txt

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

Posted

Currently sitting at 22.4c which is the highest so far today   Still can't shake off this damn cloud though!   The patch of blue in the pic is the first we have seen today.   This summer reminds me so much of summer 2010, which was the year the Iceland volcano blew.   It was a summer of perpetual cloud.   The only saving grace of course was the wonderful snowy December which followed.   Here's hoping!  

Off to Kent Friday morning, hoping the journey isn't too warm as we are taking the two dogs.   Splitting it into two though and staying ovenight in Grantham which is slightly more than half way.

That's not a pilgrimage to Maggie Thatcher's hometown, is it? :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

This heat is getting unbearable I'm going to have to take my jumper off cloudy calm 20.4c ( midges are loving it)

• Like 3

Posted

27.8'C max here today, currently 26.1'C. Lovely day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

That's not a pilgrimage to Maggie Thatcher's hometown, is it? :rofl:

Gawd no!.......Actually I didn't realise it was her home town.   Nah, half way down the A1 courtesy Travelodge! :D

• Like 1

Posted

Gawd no!.......Actually I didn't realise it was her home town.   Nah, half way down the A1 courtesy Travelodge! :D

Maybe you should give it a miss, then? Try Sandy instead? :D