Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Wonder if the precip will hold to tonight when it might have a chance of lying plus more snow? Snowing here again!

P.S. Why is this snow as the precip seems to be swinging in from the SW?

Was just about to write the same.  Its quite surreal to watch snow showers this afternoon coming down the Cawdor hills towards us from the SW at the end of April.

• Like 2

Posted

Very cold and clear currently 0.5c grass already very crunchy any new cut grass willl burn tonight. Ice forming on the puddles

Last snow shower of winter 14/15?  Photo shows it moving away to the NE about an hour ago. post-2744-0-60134200-1430166207_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted

Was just about to write the same.  Its quite surreal to watch snow showers this afternoon coming down the Cawdor hills towards us from the SW at the end of April.

Even stranger to see it today at sea level in Paisley where it almost never snows and at the end of April after a heatwave. I'm back home now and there is some spits coming down just now with lots of big whispy top clouds looming about. My brother reported heavy snow in Greenock earlier. I think port snow shield is in full op but lets see what happens later, maybe get a wee shower or 2. Heating back on as well as toes getting numb and it's well cold outside.

• Like 2

Posted

Heavy sleet shower just passed through after wet snow showers throughout this afternoon. Should turn back to snow as we go through the night. Currently 2.9c with dewpoint 1.8c. Remarkable weather over the last couple of days for this time of year.

• Like 2

Posted

Plenty of big anvils were about earlier on bringing heavy hail/sleet showers to Glasgow at teatime. When heading to EK at 8pm just to the east of me I could see another huge Cumulonimbus cloud with the hail coming out it. There was some Thunder from it aswell.

• Like 1

Even stranger to see it today at sea level in Paisley where it almost never snows and at the end of April after a heatwave. I'm back home now and there is some spits coming down just now with lots of big whispy top clouds looming about. My brother reported heavy snow in Greenock earlier. I think port snow shield is in full op but lets see what happens later, maybe get a wee shower or 2. Heating back on as well as toes getting numb and it's well cold outside.

I've seen a couple of inches of snow in Paisley in the 2nd week of May (12th May 1995) :D

We were walking in a snow shower earlier up at Bowmont Forest. Very enjoyable walk :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Madness here.

Was cutting the grass earlier in a t-shirt.

Now coming on 1/2 a cm of snaw with almost palm sized flakes.

It's all Sturgeon's fault. You've been warned.

---

EDIT

And guess who had his full on summer tyres fitted last week. Aye.

Changed my rubber a couple of weeks ago too. Driving through snow on freezing roads yesterday evening wasn't as bad as I'd feared - sort of controlled sliding on bends but accelerating and braking was good.  I run Nokian (Finnish brand although made in Russia) winters and summers these days, they seem to know what they're doing and have surprisingly similar conditions to us most of the time.

Posted

Snow on the Pentlands this morning. Looks beautiful in the sun but you can almost watch it disappearing:

http://www.eastsidecottages.co.uk/webcam/

Big difference in that photo even in the last 15mins LOL

Edited by 101_North

Posted

-2c at 6.00am this morning but nice and sunny now and currently 4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Just came through sudden snow shower on Middleton Moor now, temp dropped from 7c up at Ikea to 1.5c on the moor.

Posted

More showers with still a little sleet mixed in although don't think nothing will beat yesterday afternoon's epic (even if it didn't last long) Never seen flakes that huge in a long time

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Think that is our rain,sleet and snaw over north west Eire at the moment! :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Changed my rubber a couple of weeks ago too. Driving through snow on freezing roads yesterday evening wasn't as bad as I'd feared - sort of controlled sliding on bends but accelerating and braking was good.  I run Nokian (Finnish brand although made in Russia) winters and summers these days, they seem to know what they're doing and have surprisingly similar conditions to us most of the time.

I've got full on summer asymmetrics from vredestein (ultrac sessanta). They're actually really good on both dry and wet roads - they pick up water and chuck it out to the sides so even quite deep surface water is no problem - but I might as well be on skis when it comes to ice and snaw.

My snaw lasted through to this morning; think there was a bit of a frost. Much nicer this evening but still chilly. Bring back summer!

Posted

-2c at 6.00am this morning but nice and sunny now and currently 4c

Another day of light wintry showers coming in from a westerly direction.One or two heavy hail showers mixed in.Fabulous blue skies between the showers. Quite strange especially at the end of April. Snow lay fairly well above a thousand feet all day with only exposed areas thinning out. Some really spectacular cover on the hills way out west which we can just see on the horizon. Glencoe seems to  be having an endless ski season . Currently 2c

Posted

A frost again this morning and a max of 8C. Which felt a lot colder in the wind but a lot warmer if in the sun and sheltered from the wind.

Also some spectacular virga this afternoon (got a very small amount of hail from a couple), and those horizontal streaks of clouds that I can never remember the name of. 

Quite a weathery sort of day!

Posted

I've got full on summer asymmetrics from vredestein (ultrac sessanta). They're actually really good on both dry and wet roads - they pick up water and chuck it out to the sides so even quite deep surface water is no problem - but I might as well be on skis when it comes to ice and snaw.

My snaw lasted through to this morning; think there was a bit of a frost. Much nicer this evening but still chilly. Bring back summer!

Yeah those are proper summer tyres. Do you know something the rest of us don't?

My Nokian 'summer' tyres are really all-season semi off-road tyres, so they are a bit chunky but still have some small sipes to aid water dispersal - Rotiiva AT.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just a light shower or two today though still cool. Nothing like yesterday's hail storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

We've had several cracking hail storms over the last 2 or 3 days. Just had another roll through Dyce just now, and one at home this morning before I left for work. Other than that it's been cool and breezy but relatively dry and sunny so hasn't felt too bad. Still, I'd prefer Spring to make a comeback sooner rather than later.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

It's wet snow here and it's 10.8C :cc_confused: Dew point was at -0.7C but just risen to 1.4C and it's back to rain. It was cloudy for about 15 minutes before and during the shower too so that temperature should be fairly accurate

• Like 1

Posted

My favourite outside working weather bright blue skies,very dry air but with a few light showers. Still cool at 7c just now.  it feels as if it will be frosty tonight with stunning snow capped hills all round the Firth where any showers today still have their winter cloud colours.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Much better today. Avoided the showers too which is a bonus. A little chilly to start with but it did warm up

Posted

An everything sort of day currently being capped by snow north of Forsinard... Not sticking but hey I've now seen snow for 7 consecutive months and that may get to 8 over the weekend if I don't get stuck indoors...

• Like 1