Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

First of the outdoor sown broad beans poking up today: poor wee mites will wish they hadn't bothered come the weekend.  The porch is full of pots of babies, at least they won't cop it.  As for the outside fruit, I'm going to try and cover stuff up with fleece. Not sure how to tie it to 15' high trees mind - gonna have to get the young HCs to help I think.

Lovely sunset of yellowish brown mares'-tails earlier - very eye-catching over the firth.

• Like 1

Posted

It's rather hard to believe with the way the weather is today (and has been most of the week) that there's possible snow on the way. Another super day here and it feels warm!

Posted

It's rather hard to believe with the way the weather is today (and has been most of the week) that there's possible snow on the way. Another super day here and it feels warm!

Remember the old saying "never cast a cloot till may's oot"!

It is strange to think though that there could be snow after this little heatwave. Can't see it making it anywhere down this neck of the woods or to lower levels and lying, only chance would be at night I'd think. 

Edited by grifter

Posted

Day of two halves here in NE Fife. Plentiful sunshine and a westerly breeze took the temperature to 18c by Midday. Then the wind switched, brought the haar in and it was only 8c by late afternoon!

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGQL.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Perfect day oncemore... 20.9c, a touch cooler than yesterday due to a slightly stronger wind.

Posted

A lot cloudier this morning than recently (the start of the change I guess)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Mornin' campers! Feelin' the chill today I can tell you! Still dry though, expecting rain, sleet, ice, snow over the weekend. Best not put away the thermals just yet! And switch the central heating back on and light the fire again and an extra blanket on the bed...

Edited by mistyqueen

Posted

Still pretty warm here today, wind is back in the southwest and temp is up to 16c at 1pm in good sunny spells. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Still pretty warm here today, wind is back in the southwest and temp is up to 16c at 1pm in good sunny spells. 

Same here. I was out at lunchtime and it felt warmer than I expected with broken cloud and sunny spells. Yesterday was cloudier and cooler but nothing awful.

I'm actually glad it's expected to rain, it's been that dry here I've taken to watering the grass to try to get it to 'green up'. Watering the grass in April, bonkers!

Edited by Ravelin

Posted

Was sunny earlier but didn't really warm up much. Cloudy with a bit of a chilly breeze too.

Be good to get some rain - although forecast totals for here don't look up to much...  The icy winds can fark right orff though, this is again just the wrong time.

• Like 1

Posted

A bit of rain overnight has been replaced with bright blue arctic skies with fantastic visibilities and a peppering of snow showers  to the north in their true winter colours of grey and yellow clouds. Currently 3c with a  fresh cap of snow on the Cawdor hills down to about 1200 feet. If the sky looks as wintry as it does today then the next two days may be quite exceptional for the time of year. Cows and calves still in at night although they did not want to come in on the last two warm days but we will have no problems tonight. Young Mr. Norththernlights took home a load of silage bales from a neighbouring farm last night and there is more concentrate feed on the way in case we have to keep the cattle in till May

• Like 3

Posted

Rain's cleared. Actually quite a nice day now but considerably cooler than recently

Posted

Oh man! Temp down to 1.6 during the night and that wind would cut ye in three! Sunny here, had one horizontal sleet shower earlier on, so we'll see what the rest of the weekend brings! Stay cosy folks!

Posted

Been bright & breezy on the black isle, with one stinker of a hail shower late morning.  Overnight minima forecast to be close to freezing again for a few nights now...

Posted

Much colder as others have said.

Spent most of the day in Coastal Ayrshire which was sunny since about 10:30 but very cold in that fierce wind. 9/10c felt more like 5c in the wind. One the sun came out it felt a little warmer but still jacket weather.

Back home there was very little wind to speak of, 14c and everyone is still in t-shirts (a little optimistically I'd say), quite a contrast.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Temperature dropped from 11.2C to 4.8C in the last 20 minutes during a shower and still going down. Shower started off as hail and then turned to rain

Posted

Temp plummeted from 8c down to1.2c in the space of an hour and now we have SNOW! Pass the thermals please!

Posted

Chilly start with a gusty wind (wouldn't like to be where I was yesterday, must be a full on gale there).

Has become significantly warmer due to the sun, but still only a high so far of 9.1c

A big hail storm came through and almost seemed sleety by the end with 9.1c dramtically lowering to a very cold 4.8c.

Now sunny oncemore, and 7.3c and climbing

Posted

Jeez. Full on snow. Epic. Winter tyres in the back of the garage :oops:

Looking at the radar have we got ourselves a wee polar low? There's a circle of strong convective showers with some lightning activity near Inverness, with a clear 'eye' in the middle of it and a hint of rotation on the Netweather 5minute radar. Looks like CairnGorm Mountain is about to get slammed shortly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

From 23'C degrees earlier this week to 1'C and snow - the Highlands in spring!

• Like 3

Posted

Sunny spells here in NE Fife and dry so far. 11c.

Posted

yes getting sleet and snow here as well

Just the same here and fields white with hail as it started.The build up was very good with black stormy cloud moving in different directions at different altitudes coming in from the north and the south. Currently 3c.

Edited by Northernlights