Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keithlucky

Fair prizes

I thought that Goldfish were banned from fairs as Prizes? ,because no air was in  a bag so even when you put a goldfish in a bowl  most will die of slow suffocation.Today i saw people coming out of the fair with Goldfish which i thought were banned,even Fish shops will not sell you Goldfish without a air pump.

I actually didn't know that it suffocated them, to be honest. I won two goldfish at a fair when I was about six or seven, and they are still alive today and living in the pond in the back garden, almost eleven years later.

In theory the lack of air in a Goldfish bowl cause slow suffocation and the way fairs stored them was cruel  that why they banned as prizes in fairs,as you said many lived years in pond or goldfish bowl unless you had a Cat LoL.

Unfortunately it's legal ,unless you're 16 and under ,allowed with an accompanying adult of course !!.

• Spring has sprung: Warm sunshine today and more to come this week

At least the weather's doing its best to cheer things up in these difficult times, as spring arrives in earnest. While there'll be a few hiccups on the way, the coming week also looks fine and warm at times, particularly over England and Wales. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Spring warmth and sunshine this weekend but we've got to stay at home

In normal times we'd be talking about the excellent timing of the sunshine and warmth coming through at the weekend. But of course,a0these aren't normal times, so even though temperatures could get to 20-21c in places tomorrow, we're all going to have to enjoy it from home. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1