Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

12/3....Broad traps Taylor plumb in front with an absolute beauty!

Broad's batting might well have gone down the toilet, but he's back to his best with the ball....He showed signs of getting back to his best during the Windies tour, and he's getting better every game

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scori

in all the doom and gloom for the aussies, there is one glimmer of hope....             ...in the form of a promising young batsman who top scored for them.....goes by the name of Extras .....l

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I suspect it will go flat now the ball isn't so new, big 10 overs after lunch. England need at least another 1-2 wickets from that spell if they want to win this. The rest of the order will just go into defend, leave, defend, leave mode!

Posted

AJ, before every test would you mind declaring your support for whoever England are facing please? It's worked a treat so far!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Bish

Posted

One thing I will say is, win, lose or draw this game...I'm not AS fussed as normal. Brillant entertainment from a couple of teams both seemingly intent on attack and scoring at a good click. Can't remember the last time I thoroughly enjoyed a test like I have this one. If this is the 'brand' they are talking about for the future, then I'm more than happy to be a part of it. Stokes/Root can replace someone like KP as a partnership if they continue this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

AJ, before every test would you mind declaring your support for whoever England are facing please? It's worked a treat so far!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Bish

I'm a supporter of attacking, crowd friendly cricket, something England have been lacking in for a long time. This test match performance by Eng has been a breath of fresh air...All we need know is an attacking captain and I'll be happy

Bish

just to add.....erm, Eng haven't won......yet ....a quick 150 from McCullum and it's a great win for the black caps  :laugh:

• Like 1
    Posted

2 wickets in 2 balls for stokes. Game has changed again (hat-trick ball coming up)

Posted

yes!....stokes 2 in 2....williamson caught at gully, McCullum plays on first ball...61/5

Posted

it was quick from McCullum, but unfortunately 150 runs short....lol

Posted

Excellent from Stokes...surely MOTM whether England win or not? No comparison to Botham and Flintoff please...he is Ben Stokes. 

Posted

Another wicket. England need 2 wickets to win from 108 balls

EDIT: 1 to win now

Edited by NUT
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Excellent win not often a team, apart from England hit 500 and lose a game so England did well to turn it around.

Posted

An absolutely sensational victory - well done England!  :yahoo:

That has got to be one of the very best games of cricket I have ever seen, wonderful from start to finish.

Bish

Posted

not bad I suppose......lol

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Fantastic cricket match, and credit Cook, he rotated his bowlers well in that second innings. This is how England should always play - they will give the aussies a bit more of a contest if they do!

Posted

Yes great game. Although there were obviously a number of swings and roundabouts the key to me was yesterday morning when England could easily have lost three or four wickets with the ball moving all over the shop.

Posted

if Eng can play that same brand of cricket against the aussies I'll be a very happy man, win, lose or draw.......I think we all know that England have been far too timid over the past couple or so years (in all forms of the game) so to see them play with an exuberance and freedom is brilliant to see, and has also showed that the talent factor was never in doubt, simply the mindset

I've been critical of Alistair Cook as a captain, and I still don't think he's the right man going forwards, but, he had a pretty good game as captain (led from the front with the bat) although some defensive field positions this morning were disappointing but during the afternoon he rotated his bowlers well and in bowling Stokes/Brown & Root at key times showed a good understanding of the game dynamics...So a thumbs up from me for this match but I hope for a continuation of this going forward throughout the summer

Posted

An outstanding performance from England against a very good side. I actually don't think Australia are a lot better than this NZ team. If England play like they did for the last 3 days of this test they could well win back the Ashes. Not many teams could have lived with them over the last couple of days.

Australia have not won here since 2001 and don't particularly enjoy the conditions. We haven't really seen them produce their best away from Australian or South African conditions (which are very similar). They were hammered by Pakistan in the UAE and it seems that slower pitches somewhat nullify their bowling attack. Those expecting an easy Aussie win are in for a surprise I think.

Stokes was absolutely outstanding, I've been waiting for a performance like that from him for a while. Everyone who has played with him has said that he is capable of that sort of performance. It was a great move to move him to number 6 and his bowling will only get better. Dangerous batsmen who can bowl at 90 mph are like gold dust. I also thought Mark Wood looked very promising- much quicker than I expected too.

Edited by Scorcher
    Posted

Start delayed until 1:10, if it doesn't rain again. Looks to be more rain and showers around for the day. With the next few days looking as they are, we can probably announce this as a draw already.

Posted

Start delayed until 1:10, if it doesn't rain again. Looks to be more rain and showers around for the day. With the next few days looking as they are, we can probably announce this as a draw already.

That's quite a call given how positive NZ are and how England seem set to play under the new regime if last week is anything to go by. With the rules these days of play being made up then the current forecasts suggest we'll probably get 70 overs today, 98 tomorrow and another 70 or so on Sunday. Then with a bit of luck on Monday/Tuesday it will be around a 4 day match.

England win toss and will bowl, 13.30 start .

Posted

I truly admire how NZ are going about this, 144-5 in the 30th over playing an ODI style of cricket (well McCullum 41 off 28 did his usual T20 style) knowing they must try and win this match at all costs. I expect they thought they'd either go for a rapid 250 all out or declare at an unexpectedly early stage if not bowled out.

Posted

Progress a bit slow but knocking the runs off steadily. Should lose time tomorrow due to rain suspect a draw is the most likely outcome unless England collapse.

Posted

Good start 163 without loss can Lyth make a hundred ?