Local
Radar
Snow?

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well Bell has come out in a positive mood. Will it pay off?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scori

in all the doom and gloom for the aussies, there is one glimmer of hope....             ...in the form of a promising young batsman who top scored for them.....goes by the name of Extras .....l

Posted Images

Posted

Good recovery but still in trouble. 74-2

Posted

Bell out already, and the ball is swinging all over the place. At least Cook seems to be in decent form.

Bish

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

I don't see England as a poor team. To me, they are perhaps, a spinner, an all rounder, and a batsman short of being a very good test side. Add to this, some belief and a bit more convincing captaincy then I think that we would be very difficult to beat. New Zealand are a very similar side to England, so it goes to show how a bit of aggressive captaincy and belief can make all the difference and that is why I expect them to win this test.

Oh and to add, I think that this is a wonderful Test Match wicket, with something for everyone.

Edited by chionomaniac
    Posted

For me the batting lineup is mostly fine. I want to see Lyth given a chance, and from I've seen he seems to be a more attacking player than the previous partners for Alastair Cook have been. However if it doesn't work out with him, I believe Alex Hales should be given a chance- he's a very dangerous, aggressive player who can take the game away from teams. England had a lot of success when they had the aggression of Trescothick at the top of the order and Hales would offer something similar.

Great to see Cook finding form again, and Root is looking fantastic- averaging in the high 50s after 26 games is exceptional! Buttler and Stokes will only get better the more games they play.

The one area to look at for me is the spinner- this is a really important summer for Moeen Ali. Can he prove that last summer's success wasn't just a flash in the pan? England have Rashid (who will be favoured by Gillespie I imagine) and Simon Kerrigan (who was dropped after one bad game against Australia, but is an attacking left arm spinner) waiting in the wings if needed.

Edited by Scorcher
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

brainless batting has marred what was otherwise a fine knock

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a poor captain tactically he might be, but Cook has led by example today with a fine, tough, gritty innings and a deserved century....Rain has temporarily stopped play with Eng 261/4, leading by 127

Posted

Stokes on fire!

Posted

100 for Stokes....simply one of the best innings I have ever seen, no word of a lie

Posted

And I think that is the fastest Lords century in a test.

Posted

Great innings by Stokes fastest hundred at lords. Allowed Cook to crawl along quietly keeping one end propped up. Good performance so far from England.

Posted

Cook needs another 63 runs to be the biggest run scorer for england

Posted

Buttler nicks off....6 down......255 the lead....tomorrow is shaping up to be a cracker

Posted

If there's a another quick wicket and the game swings back to New Zealand

Posted

150 for cook well done now for 200.

Posted

We haven't time so a quick thrash tomorrow and then declaration. Hopefully it won't be a slow plod then declaration. England lead by 295.

Posted

We haven't time so a quick thrash tomorrow and then declaration. Hopefully it won't be a slow plod then declaration. England lead by 295.

You misinterpreted "needs time", I was meaning needs time to bowl Kiwis out.

Posted

Personally, I think making the game safe is more important than pushing for a possible victory tomorrow. England have been in deep trouble twice in this test and have fought back superbly each time, they won't want that to be in vain. It's worth bearing in mind that the Kiwis have Guptill, Williamson, McCullum, Taylor, and Anderson in their side, so chasing down a target of, say, 340 would be perfectly possible on what still seems to be a perfect batting wicket.

Bish

Posted

Personally, I think making the game safe is more important than pushing for a possible victory tomorrow. England have been in deep trouble twice in this test and have fought back superbly each time, they won't want that to be in vain. It's worth bearing in mind that the Kiwis have Guptill, Williamson, McCullum, Taylor, and Anderson in their side, so chasing down a target of, say, 340 would be perfectly possible on what still seems to be a perfect batting wicket.

Bish

I disagree Bish, it sends out totally the wrong message and goes against the brand of cricket that Strauss is trying to sell to the public

so far this morning it's the same old safety first brand of cricket that has been hurting england for the past few years.....eng are 467/8, 333 ahead, and still Cook won't declare....very poor captaincy, yet why am I not surprised?

Posted

Ali's LBW...9 down, and still no declaration  :wallbash:

Posted

wow, NZ 0/2 !

Posted

it seems that Trevor Bayliss is to be appointed Eng coach instead of Jason Gillespie......nice one ECB, yet another faux up....you appointed Peter Moores ahead of this guy last year, god help us