Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just look at what a bit of positive intent can do...........this Root/Stokes partnership is already worth 56 runs, at a rate of almost seven an over.

Bish

yes, the score rattling along, 98/4 at 4.5 an over....and it's not reckless batting either, just good attacking intent.....Root for the captaincy me thinks, his positive attitude to batting and cricket in general will be a godsend compared with Mr Negative Mindset Blocker aka Alistair Cook

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scori

in all the doom and gloom for the aussies, there is one glimmer of hope....             ...in the form of a promising young batsman who top scored for them.....goes by the name of Extras .....l

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Very close for Root. Good job he didn't give him out. 

Edited by PolarWarsaw
    Posted

Strangely given conditions, I think Henry has looked the most threatening of the NZ bowlers. Very impressed by him. Half of his dismissals are going to be batsmen playing through the line late and being bowled. His speed doesn't look that great statistically but he seems to get the ball down very quickly to the batsmen. I like the look of him. Gets something out of the pitch seam wise too. Good prospect.

Posted

yes, the score rattling along, 98/4 at 4.5 an over....and it's not reckless batting either, just good attacking intent.....Root for the captaincy me thinks, his positive attitude to batting and cricket in general will be a godsend compared with Mr Negative Mindset Blocker aka Alistair Cook

AJ I'll remind you of that when Cook blazes a stupendous 153 from 89 balls on the first day of the Ashes........

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

AJ I'll remind you of that when Cook blazes a stupendous 153 from 89 balls on the first day of the Ashes........

Bish

I think you meant this...

"AJ I'll remind you of that when Cook blazes a stupendous 15 from 89 balls on the first day of the Ashes........

Bish"

lol

• Like 1
    Posted

Fifty for Stokes. When he engages his brain, he can look a proper batting talent.

With both Moeen and Buttler to come, there is still plenty of scope for England to get up to a reasonable total.

Bish

Posted

Stokes out for a superb 92. Great knock, especially considering his previous best in England was 0 (three times last summer).

Bish

Posted

Brillant innings from Stokes. Clearly everyone can't play like that, but it's no surprise that players with attacking incentive appear to be the ones getting the runs under the belt and those that bat with an old, traditional test match mindset struggle. The game has moved forward. You need at least 1 strong, counter hitting, powerful, attacking batsmen in the top 3...IE Hales.

Edited by PolarWarsaw
    • Like 1
    Posted

I'll probably regret saying this, but to my eye, Joe Root is looking like he could become one of the best English batsmen of all time. I certainly think in a couple of years he'll be the best player in the world. He seems to play a completely different game to the others, in the way that the great batsmen always do.

What a difference to the strokeless prodder who first came into the side. He lifts the whole game whenever he comes in & it's almost a surprise when he gets out.

There, I've said it now.

Posted

I'll probably regret saying this, but to my eye, Joe Root is looking like he could become one of the best English batsmen of all time. I certainly think in a couple of years he'll be the best player in the world. He seems to play a completely different game to the others, in the way that the great batsmen always do.

What a difference to the strokeless prodder who first came into the side. He lifts the whole game whenever he comes in & it's almost a surprise when he gets out.

There, I've said it now.

Dave I completely agree re Root and for that alone I hope to goodness he is not made captain for a long time yet! He, IMO, does not need to be given the extra responsibilities of captaincy.

Posted

Full marks to Root and Stokes. They attacked the New Zealand bowlers instead of dropping the shutters, meandering, letting the bowlers dictate when 30-4 as England frequently have done in the past.

338-6

Edited by Weather-history
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

For once no another collapse after root was out as well. 354 for 6

Posted

Buttler out for 67, last ball of the day LBW to Boult. Brillant day all round entertainment wise. 354-7. Superb from Stokes and Root, who carried the team once again. Good innings and partnership from Ali/Buttler at the end, adding another ton. Great value for money. That's all I ask. Good entertaining cricket, even if it's not a winning one. If you get put in and are 30-4 it's a decent achievement to end the day only 7 down with 320 runs added.

England need to get to 400 tommorrow, anything else is a bonus. That wicket is going to be FLAT for our bowlers with the sun out. 

Edited by PolarWarsaw
    Posted

Indeed, an absolutely superb day of exciting, entertaining cricket. And in stark contrast to the equivalent day against the same opponents two years ago, when England yawned their way to 160/4 from about eighty overs - probably the most boring day of cricket I can ever remember.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Blowers getting in the spirit for Monday:

https://twitter.com/offofonhere/status/601674888391327744

Root and Stokes were fantastic yesterday, exactly the kind of positive batting in difficult circumstances that'll be needed against the Aussies. Will be interesting to see if Broad's got his head right for batting this morning. The top order's more of a worry though. 

Posted

368/9...Ali & Broad quickly dismissed

Posted

I get Broad has got smashed, I get he has mental scarring from it. But if you can't even show one effort to try and change it over an entire year..you deserve to drop down to 11

389 all out then, a very good comeback from the middle order lads to get near 400 having been 30-4 after an hour yesterday. I still think this is quite flat, especially when the new ball goes soft and the clouds go away... I can see NZ getting 450 odd, with McCullum's attacking mindset, if they lose wickets early he will counter attack us. 

Edited by PolarWarsaw
    Posted

solid start from NZ.....good pace from Wood on debut (around 91 mph consistently)

Posted

This wicket looks ominously flat so far. Hopefully a bit of extra cloud cover well help some swing develop later in the day.

Wood takes his first wicket, but it's a no-ball  :wallbash:

Bish

Posted

nz 303/2...eng deep in the poop....nuff said

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

nz 303/2...eng deep in the poop....nuff said

It ought to be heading for draw..............then again? :sorry:

Posted

New Zealand probably looking for 600 and then to bowl England out cheaply. Should be a draw but who knows with Englands collaspes.

Posted
    134 lead for New Zealand, cloudy skies and an out of form top 4. I'm willing to bet that England LOSE the game this evening. The correct way to play? 31 overs left in the day, 4 an over, come out and be attacking and fresh, dead even game at 120-2 say. What will actually happen is Cook, Ballance and co will sit deep, leave, defend, eventually bat that slowly that they get a good one and we will be say, 70-5 at stumps.

Utterly ridicolous, but very predictable.

Posted
    Lyth smashes 3 boundaries, then gets a good one and is caught at slip. I'm happy with what I've seen from him though that he is capable enough. Give me him over Compton/Robson etc everyday. 

England 14-1 and just about to defensively bore the world to death and predictably collapse.

Posted

England in big trouble now sliding to defeat unless somebody pulls something from the hat.