Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Posted
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

If the likes of Trueman, Gower, Boycott, and Botham were still playing today I honestly think the ECB would invent reasons not to pick any of them as well. "Not the right sort of chap" or some such nonsense.

The Kiwis and Aussies will be loving every second of this farce.

Bish

Great four names there. Fred, "I am simple the best bowler in tha world and theres nowt to argue about lad ". David, carefree and elegent, that's the way he liked it and would not change. Geoff," give em nowt and think of thee self" look at all those hundreds Ive scored. He continues to to tell everyone in the world who cares to still listened about this !! Guy the Gorilla, simple one of the greatest all rounders in English cricketing history. All had one common factor, self believe in there own ability to be the best.
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scori

in all the doom and gloom for the aussies, there is one glimmer of hope....             ...in the form of a promising young batsman who top scored for them.....goes by the name of Extras .....l

Posted Images

Posted

The aspect which is the most frustrating and stupid is that Strauss said KP will not be selected this summer, which only serves to fuel the debate to rear its' head again come the selection time for the winter tour(s) at which time he will undoubtedly be omitted again! Why not just say he will not be selected forthwith, whether that is correct in anyone's opinion or not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I hate being right Andy.....no doubt a complete hatchet job by Strauss & Harrison......I wonder baring  mind the phone conversations between all parties (and under law recorded phone calls can be used in evidence) if t KP now doesn't grounds for legal action either against individuals or the ECB for loss of earnings (over £1m)

The aspect which is the most frustrating and stupid is that Strauss said KP will not be selected this summer, which only serves to fuel the debate to rear its' head again come the selection time for the winter tour(s) at which time he will undoubtedly be omitted again! Why not just say he will not be selected forthwith, whether that is correct in anyone's opinion or not.

Indeed, at least last night I thought it was a complete no, which at least give some closure, this doesn't ,

Edited by J10
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Loss of earnings Aj. When I saw what he is earning with the IPL my eyes watered.

i knew you would say that Knocks...lol.....but it's true, he's lost a fotune in income on what Colin Graves told him.....eye watering or not he may have cause for legal grievance...TBH, the whole episode is shambolic....Graves should have kept his mouth shut (re. recall) and 2 issues for Andrew Strauss to consider, first of all he should not have inferred that KP wouldn't play for England and then offer him an advisory/consultation position for ODI cricket (although, this could be construed as an olive branch to 'reintegrate KP' into the ECB) but not as a player...and secondly, to continue dangling the carrot by saying that KP is not to be considered for selection this summer but after that, who knows? ....it smacks of a hierarchy that doesn't know its weeble from it's elbow and couldn't make a correct decision if it deployed, DRS, Hotspot, Snicko, or brain scans to get the right result!

• Like 1
    Posted

I am sure before the end of this summer, English cricket will be in turmoil. Presently led by incompetent nobs all saying their pennies worth but not showing any positive intent or direction.Vaughan is too radical and out spoken in many eyes with the hierarchy, but I think they will turn to him later to bring ability to win and compete at all levels of the game. Root will become captain and KP will return for the Oval Test test against the Aussies. Strauss has his revenge but at a great cost to the cricket loving public who like to see flair and positive cricket.

Edited by carinthian
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

It just shows you how out of touch Strauss and the ECB are, 90% support for Pietersen (after some of the mistakes he has made), imagine if Cameron or Milliband would have got that kind of support!!!!!    staggering.

• Like 1
    Posted

Just found this out. There is a nation cricket team of Austria for both women and men. Both based in the capital, Vienna. The ladies team have done well in European games and is a growing sport for the ladies. Wish, I was 30 years younger , I could have qualified to play for Austria !

post-3489-0-70946000-1431529998_thumb.jp

• Like 1
    Posted

Just found this out. There is a nation cricket team of Austria for both women and men. Both based in the capital, Vienna. The ladies team have done well in European games and is a growing sport for the ladies. Wish, I was 30 years younger , I could have qualified to play for Austria !

attachicon.gif1505561_10153360990898628_576927770068192816_n.jpg

That is fantastic!

Just looked them up on Cricinfo - Austria finished a very respectable 6th (out of 12) in the European Cricket Championship a couple of years ago, finishing above mighty Germany.

And they have a very active Facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/austria.cricket

Bish

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Hitler finds out strauss says no to KP

Edited by The PIT
    Posted

Hitler finds out strauss says no to KP

Already beat you to it a day ago, buddy  :p

Bish

Posted

That is fantastic!

Just looked them up on Cricinfo - Austria finished a very respectable 6th (out of 12) in the European Cricket Championship a couple of years ago, finishing above mighty Germany.

And they have a very active Facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/austria.cricket

Bish

Hi Bish, going to become a member. Vienna a long way from here but can get my fix by being involved. Have UK sky sports so can watch most cricket from home. Still got my kit in the attic and my 1980s David Glower Gray Nicholls bat. My wife wants me to throw it away. But I still dream one day...however, age has caught up. Have some great memories and times being involved with cricket teams.
    Posted

Hi Bish, going to become a member. Vienna a long way from here but can get my fix by being involved. Have UK sky sports so can watch most cricket from home. Still got my kit in the attic and my 1980s David Glower Gray Nicholls bat. My wife wants me to throw it away. But I still dream one day...however, age has caught up. Have some great memories and times being involved with cricket teams.

I suppose Strauss ought to be Austrian :D

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lyth and Wood in for Trott and Jordan. Good calls for me. They've won the toss and are bowling. Green wicket, but it's sunny. Can see them blowing us all out today with that attack in English conditions.

Predictions.

Eng 171 all out.

NZ 52-1.

Posted

England already deep in the brown stuff at 25/3

This is going to be a long, hard summer isn't it?

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan
    Posted

Very, very long Bish. Not forgetting we just drew 1-1 against the West Indies 3rd XI. 170 is optimistic.

Posted

Fantastic delivery. Bell bowled by Henry. 30-4. We will beat our score in the Windies?

Posted

Fantastic delivery. Bell bowled by Henry. 30-4. We will beat our score in the Windies?

New Zealand look a very, very impressive side. Led, of course, by a fearless and imaginative captain.

AJ will be loving every minute of this. Didn't he declare himself a Kiwi fan for this series?

Bish

Posted

New Zealand look a very, very impressive side. Led, of course, by a fearless and imaginative captain.

AJ will be loving every minute of this. Didn't he declare himself a Kiwi fan for this series?

Bish

yes I am....eng are abysmal as usual......let's lose by an innings so Cook'n'Strauss get sacked....lol

dammit Stokes, don't nick it for 4, nick it to second slip...lol

• Like 1
    Posted

joking aside, Stokes has the right idea, take the scoring opportunities and not bat like a numpty tortoise..... 23 off 17 balls...nice attacking intent

Posted

Just look at what a bit of positive intent can do...........this Root/Stokes partnership is already worth 56 runs, at a rate of almost seven an over.

Bish