Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Posted
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Vaughan was never approached regarding the position of Director of Cricket. I am sure if he was in charge, Moores will have been told he is not up to scratch as well as Cook in the captaincy roll. The Yorkshire connection would have put Root in the roll as Skipper with side kick Lyth groomed as an attacking opener and tough as well in the Brian Close bracket. I think Vaughan may be offered the job after this summer to revolutionise one day and 20/20 cricket. Strauss is of the old school favourites. Yorkies and Lancs are not well received to offer advice to MCC legions, although their league cricket is of the highest order in the land. As from my previous experience, league cricket in the East Riding is serious stuff and Lancashire League is probably the hardest in the kingdom.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scori

in all the doom and gloom for the aussies, there is one glimmer of hope....             ...in the form of a promising young batsman who top scored for them.....goes by the name of Extras .....l

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well, maybe not. Sky Sports News reporting that he will meet with Strauss and ECB Chief Exec tonight ahead of selection tommorrow....seems Strauss may put the future of English cricket ahead of his own personal opinion. Cook will need to be at that meeting too should something like that go ahead.

yes, he's meeting with Strauss tonight, but the BBC site has another perspective, namely KP is to be told outright that he has no future as an Eng player....I really, really hope the the BBC are wrong, and Strauss does the right thing, and also remove the captaincy from Cook

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Strauss better hope Pietersens form subsides dramatically else, he must be praying as he will look like a right mongooseing clint if it doesn't, ha ha ha ha ha

As much as I would like to see Pietersen back at least everyone knows the position.

After the 300 today the timing is not the best.

Edited by J10
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

According to Aggers... 

'Strauss has met with KP to tell him that he will not be selected as an England player again'. 

Presumably so that KP can leave his county contract and head to the IPL instead of trying to fight back. I kind of respect him for doing that if it's true BUT, that is not a good start from Strauss. As far as I'm concerned, Boult/Southee and then Johnson/Starc and the power of Australia's batting line up are going to see England lose both home series this year...then comes South Africa...gulp and a trip to Pakistan in Dubai...that went well last time didn't it? 

I see a very, very long and hard year for the test team coming up. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

if true, Strauss is a disgrace letting personal petty grudges get in the way of selecting the best players to represent England......I knew it was a mistake giving him the job...I bet the Aussies are wetting themselves with laughter

Posted

Yep, confirmed as breaking news on SSN. 

Complete disgrace. Total mongooseing super duper from Strauss and the entire ECB. One power player, one player who could strike fear into opposition teams. Cast out. dog biscuits.

Hussain is BANG on when he says, England can't manage a player who isn't another 'yes man'.

Posted

absolute sh*te from Strauss....absolute scum of a man IMO......what a Lettuceing prick

• Like 1
    Posted

I'm really hoping that KP landed an uppercut on Strauss's stuck out chin as he left the 'meeting'

I've never been so disillusioned with the hierarchy of England cricket....I really hope they get smashed by NZ& Aus....I for one, won't be supporting Eng 

Edited by ajpoolshark
    Posted

Strauss is entirely the wrong man for the job.

That said, KP is a egomanical ham sandwich (swear filter alert) who time and again has proved that he's not a team player, and effed things up when his role should have been to provide stability in the middle order rather than score a quick 20 and then get out.  It's not as if Leicestershire is precisely the toughest opposition.

England needs to spend the next few years rebuilding - getting rid of several dead weights currently at the top of the batting order - and bringing in youngsters. That means dumping Cook, KP, Bell and several others.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
    Posted

Well actually, I thought that Strauss having a period of time away from the dressing room and hierachy itself and spending time in the com box being able to have an outsiders opinion would sway his thinking forward. After tonight, he can kiss my I have a problem. He's basically just announced himself as another yes man that would talk the talk about stats, moving forward, youngsters and so on...you watch us put Bell to open in the tests vs NZ....that's how forward thinking this lot are! I mean, on one side of things, is it a sign of respect that he's putting KP out of his misery? Afterall if he doesn't get in after today or this new regime taking over now - he never will? 

But then the fact it's been made public knowledge that there is a meeting before the night of selection and an interview with Strauss, just makes me think this is an ego rub and a two fingers up to KP to make his slaughtering public. 

Load of onions. Not sure where we go from here.

Edited by PolarWarsaw
    Posted

Well actually, I thought that Strauss having a period of time away from the dressing room and hierachy itself and spending time in the com box being able to have an outsiders opinion would sway his thinking forward. After tonight, he can kiss my I have a problem. He's basically just announced himself as another yes man that would talk the talk about stats, moving forward, youngsters and so on...you watch us put Bell to open in the tests vs NZ....that's how forward thinking this lot are! I mean, on one side of things, is it a sign of respect that he's putting KP out of his misery? Afterall if he doesn't get in after today or this new regime taking over now - he never will? 

But then the fact it's been made public knowledge that there is a meeting before the night of selection and an interview with Strauss, just makes me think this is an ego rub and a two fingers up to KP to make his slaughtering public. 

Load of onions. Not sure where we go from here.

Oh dear, he's been on an MBA/management course. That should automatically disqualify him from any managerial position.

• Like 1
    Posted

Oh dear, he's been on an MBA/management course. That should automatically disqualify him from any managerial position.

Yes - hes a right clint, hurts me to say it, an that isn't a pro Pietersen rant as he hasn't always said right thing but saying you cant possibly be selected for England after a treble century is really cutting your nose of, hurts me as strauss led us to an overseas ashes victory, something I never thought I would see in my lifetime again.

Posted

Mix feelings.

If Pietersen had scored 0 would some of you have been saying the same thing? That is what you have to ask yourself.

The problem for Pietersen is baggage, what he did was unforgivable, IMO. Mavericks, man management and all this is fine but he crossed the line there for me. He was fortunate to get a recall.

Picking your best players is one thing but they have to gel as a team. A group of individual fantastic players don't necessarily make a great team. Is Pietersen, a team player?

Posted

Yes the triple century is irrelevant as his ability has never been the issue. There just isn't a dressing room big enough to fit in ten players plus his ego.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Vaughan was never approached regarding the position of Director of Cricket. I am sure if he was in charge, Moores will have been told he is not up to scratch as well as Cook in the captaincy roll. The Yorkshire connection would have put Root in the roll as Skipper with side kick Lyth groomed as an attacking opener and tough as well in the Brian Close bracket. I think Vaughan may be offered the job after this summer to revolutionise one day and 20/20 cricket. Strauss is of the old school favourites. Yorkies and Lancs are not well received to offer advice to MCC legions, although their league cricket is of the highest order in the land. As from my previous experience, league cricket in the East Riding is serious stuff and Lancashire League is probably the hardest in the kingdom.

Following the latest news about KP, confirms my fears about the MCC connection and Strauss. Gutless tossers all of them.
    • Like 1
    Posted

Mix feelings.

If Pietersen had scored 0 would some of you have been saying the same thing? That is what you have to ask yourself.

The problem for Pietersen is baggage, what he did was unforgivable, IMO. Mavericks, man management and all this is fine but he crossed the line there for me. He was fortunate to get a recall.

Picking your best players is one thing but they have to gel as a team. A group of individual fantastic players don't necessarily make a great team. Is Pietersen, a team player?

cricket is different though....a group of individual fantastic players does make for a great team....

anyhoos, strauss is backing cook, and says regarding KP that it's a trust issue.....what a load of cobblers, there is now no doubt that this is strauss's personal grudge against KP.....stauss's position is already untenable and he should be removed (he won't be though) he should've never been appointed in the first place.....I'm disgusted with him and the ECB, and looking across the internet, millions share my thoughts

• Like 1
    Posted

cricket is different though....a group of individual fantastic players does make for a great team

The World side against the Aussies, 10 years ago was on paper a magnificent side but they got hammered.

Why? Because the Aussies were as a team gelled together, the World XI weren't and that's my point.

Posted

The World side against the Aussies, 10 years ago was on paper a magnificent side but they got hammered.

Why? Because the Aussies were as a team gelled together, the World XI weren't and that's my point.

that was but a couple of games though so it's not a good example

the aussie team contained 11 outstanding individuals, most of whom didn't get on with each other at all, but when it came to the crunch, when they crossed the boundary line onto the field of play, they played as a team.....KP always played as part of the team on the field of play, so what goes on in the dressing room or on social media should be utterly irrelevant.....This is simply strauss and cook baring grudges.....if Alec Stewart or Mick Vaughan had being given strauss's job I'd wager a large amount of money that this morning's press conference would have had a polar opposite outcome

• Like 1
    Posted

Only one way to protest, vote with your feet, last England game I went to was Saturday of NZ test at Old Trafford 2008.

Posted

that was but a couple of games though so it's not a good example

the aussie team contained 11 outstanding individuals, most of whom didn't get on with each other at all, but when it came to the crunch, when they crossed the boundary line onto the field of play, they played as a team.....KP always played as part of the team on the field of play, so what goes on in the dressing room or on social media should be utterly irrelevant.....This is simply strauss and cook baring grudges.....if Alec Stewart or Mick Vaughan had being given strauss's job I'd wager a large amount of money that this morning's press conference would have had a polar opposite outcome

Alright look at it from this angle, Warwickshire in the mid 90s. They had one outstanding player such as Lara or Donald and the rest were good players but as a team they were a really great side.

What made that side so good? Good captaincy and a good team spirit.

For me, a good team spirit is important. Are you going to get it with Pietersen and his baggage?

I feel sorry for Strauss because if Colin Graves kept his mouth shut, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Posted

Alright look at it from this angle, Warwickshire in the mid 90s. They had one outstanding player such as Lara or Donald and the rest were good players but as a team they were a really great side.

What made that side so good? Good captaincy and a good team spirit.

For me, a good team spirit is important. Are you going to get it with Pietersen and his baggage?

I feel sorry for Strauss because if Colin Graves kept his mouth shut, this wouldn't have been an issue.

I was there - I had a membership 93,94 and 95!!

Posted

If the likes of Trueman, Gower, Boycott, and Botham were still playing today I honestly think the ECB would invent reasons not to pick any of them as well. "Not the right sort of chap" or some such nonsense.

The Kiwis and Aussies will be loving every second of this farce.

Bish

• Like 2
    Posted

On the reference of great players and not needing to be friends...Shane Warne and Adam Gilchrist, openly in the public media have pointed out that they really couldn't stand each other off the pitch, but onit they were together  and respected the 'champion' qualities of each other, which lead to a mutual respect....NOT a friendship. If people can't find the quality to bite lips and 'get on with it' then they shouldn't be in the England dressing room. 

As for Strauss and his excuse this morning. He can stuff that straight up his tube.