Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Christ almighty, this top 3 is a proper toothache. Painfully dull. Cook won't ever get a better chance than this to make another test ton. I just hope that IF he does...it leads to lots more. I have to be honest, I'd like this top 3 all to score bang on 50 in every game, all get out the next ball and then have Root/Bell at the wicket at 150/3...just to make it less of a chore to watch. 

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scori

in all the doom and gloom for the aussies, there is one glimmer of hope....             ...in the form of a promising young batsman who top scored for them.....goes by the name of Extras .....l

Posted Images

Posted

Bell chops on the over after, 2 for Gabriel. Tough pitch to play cut shots on. Thankful the wickets have tumbled though, gets some players that don't send you to sleep to the crease. This top 3 just digs holes. 211 mongooseing deliveries, against a moderate county attack in the bright sunshine, with a modicum of spin...75 for Cook. Absolutely dire. I like Cook, but the mentality of this entire top order is pathetic. 

What are we, 66.1 overs. 164 runs. Aussies would be what, 270-3 now? Probably even more.

Posted

Nice knock from Root once again, injecting some much needed urgency into the England batting. Let's hope the likes of Moeen, Stokes, and Buttler run riot later.

Bish

Posted

That was so brainless from Stokes, a total giveaway. Great send-off by Samuels, though  :laugh:

Bish

Posted

Wonderful effort by Joe Root! More than 1000 runs in his last 9 tests including 182 not out in this match!

England lead by 165 with just over 5 sessions left.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Good job he was there as it covered the cracks up well. Can England whip them out though?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

WI 282/8 now....eng right in the hunt...Anderson bowled beautifully......WI just 117 ahead, 2 wickets left and 65 overs left

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Not forgetting Moeen and Root which without that innings England wouldn't have won.

Posted

Brillance from James Anderson, an English legend. Turned a bore draw into a cruise of a victory. 5 days is a long time in cricket. Hales smashed another 141 yesterday for Notts, after 240 last week in a previous game....tick tock Trotty!

Posted

And lo it was to be that Alistair Cook scored a test match century nearly 2 years after his previous one! :yahoo:

Posted

Pathetic day from England bar the century from Cook. Trott, Bell, Ali and Cook himself out from poor shots. The sluggish top 3 defeating themselves again through a dire run rate where the scoreboard goes nowhere. If the Windies weren't so fragile, I'd suggest we would be on the way to losing this test, as it is, if Anderson gets into them early and Ali can get some rhythm going, England should have enough over 5 days to scrape through. 

I can honestly say, I expect New Zealand to batter us in England, moving ball or not. They have better bowlers and batsmen that can attack with freedom. We will do very well indeed to beat them. As for the Aussies, well, lets leave that for another. 

240-7 after opting to bat is a very poor score. Although it's slow and spinning slowly, it's still a 450 all out wicket for me. Not the 300 that it will be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yes, at face value 240/7 looks poor, but the WI did bowl very well (apart from their left arm spinner) and it doesn't look quite the batting track it appeared to be....there was some lateral movement all day, some turn, but most importantly the pitch is already showing signs of breaking up with some uneven bounce, Gabriel was bowling 90mph with the second new ball, some Ramdin was taking head high, others were scuttling though on the second or third bounce....I think this is a 300-350 run wicket bating first, and I think the pitch will deteriorate as the game progresses......we'll get a much better idea of a par/good score after the Windies have batted....

Trott, though sadly is finished at test level, exposed again to short, fast bowling....it was a gamble playing him as opener in the Windies and it's backfired...Time to blood Lyth against NZ or bring back Robson

Posted

england tail blown away....257 all out....they need to bowl very well now

Posted

windies 21/3...Anderson on fire with all 3 wickets!

Posted

We need to create some new dictionary superlatives to describe James Anderson. Super Jim. What a brillant, brillant bowler. The best of my lifetime easily.

• Like 1
    Posted

Trott out LBW for 9. I do feel for him, he was given a half standing ovation from the England contingent as he left the field, bit of a wave off and 'thank you' for your previous contributions. Even if he had scored runs here and his mental state was fine, you wouldn't fancy him to open vs Boult/Southee or Starc/Johnson throughout the summer. He's looked weak outside the off stump, has problems vs the short ball and now he's missed a slight in swinger that he normally pops through mid wicket for 4... 

Thanks Trotty, but that's all. Let's move on. Hope he plays in the County scene very successfully for years to come, but I'd say he's done in International cricket, permanently.

Cook out, 13-2. Root to save the day again.

Posted

18/3 now!.....

Posted

28/4 and the wheels are coming off

Posted

Somebody needs to play a few shots. Pointless standing there strokeless waiting to get out.

Posted

Well, we are going to draw a series 1-1 in the West Indies FOR mongoose SAKE. NZ and Aussies are going to smash us. Embarassing.

39-5. 

We will lose another before the days out. I'm going with Stokes.

Posted

This has been a dreadful problem for England for at least the last 2-3 years now i.e. listless, conservative batting that goes absolutely nowhere fast. It also happens to be utterly awful to watch as well.

Bish