Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Hindsight is wonderful, it's a shame more people don't learn from it and therefore we should care otherwise we learn nothing.

Agree with the statement, but in the context of a cricket match, you're being over deep imho.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scori

in all the doom and gloom for the aussies, there is one glimmer of hope....             ...in the form of a promising young batsman who top scored for them.....goes by the name of Extras .....l

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Lol, you weren't saying that a week ago. What was it, when I said I was hoping Lord's was Headingley 2009 or Perth 2010? You said no way back for England and then gave a list of changes on an epic panic merchantry scale.

I'd recommend you jump off your pompous high horse and re-read my post....lol

I called for 3 changes, and guess what we made 2 and won the test, hardly 'epic panic merhantry scale' (what ever the hell that means!).......this series is not over by a long shot, and I'm worried about how much we'll miss Anderson at trent bridge......but right now, I'd like to celebrate a brilliant england victory, and I'm sorry old bean, but I won't let your thinly veiled sarcasm and factually incorrect post dampen my spirits :)

Edited by ajpoolshark
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I wouldn't get too carried away yet. What the summer has demonstrated so far is great inconsistency. Luckily Aussies are being just as inconsistent. We are just as likely to lose the next test by a huge amount as we are to win it. At least we don't know what to expect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Ive been calling for Finn for ages now, he should never have been dropped in the first place, and him being recalled was a massive factor in our victory at the home of cricket, what an atmosphere by the way, maybe we should have tests always starting on Wednesdays, the problem with Saturdays is you get that middle class studenty fancy dress brigade, this was a late 80s early 90s old fashioned highly charged football terrace style atmosphere with Eng-er-land Eng-er-land En-ger-land, and beery renditions of god save the queen, it seems they had been put off by high prices, it still wasn't perfect, there were pop songs been played by that awful band but a real improvement on the last few years, I stopped going in 08 to cricket but maybe I will come back if it continues to improve.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Anyone else see that Glamorgan v Hampshire match, its a good job Mitchell Johnson wasn't bowling on that pitch because someone could have been seriously injured.

Posted

There is an interesting article in todays Times by Mike Brearley on the 'improvement' of Finn recently. He denigrates the idea that Finn was badly treated. A brief extract.

Angus Fraser, a Test selector and director of cricket at Middlesex since 2009 (the year before Finn first played for England), says a lot of rubbish has been talked about how Finn has been treated. It is so easy, he says, to watch from the fringe, see a small sample of a cricketer’s play and make facile criticisms of the way he is being coached.

The matter of swinging the ball away is a case in point. Richard Johnson, bowling coach at Middlesex, has worked hard with Finn since the huge demoralisation of his tour to Australia in 2013-14 (this was when that remark about not being selectable was made) to restore his confidence and his technique, and to help him to develop. Together they have, in effect, rebuilt his run-up and action. Finn had got into a habit of jumping in closer to the stumps at the last minute. He may have done this to get his shoulder further round, but there were unintended and unproductive consequences.

He also considers that confidence in his own ability has played no small part.

Edited by knocker
    Posted

Whatever the whys and wherefores regarding Finn, it's great to have him back firing on all cylinders. From England's perspective, it's like discovering a major new fast-bowling talent all over again.

Sounds to me like Wood might be struggling to be fit for Trent Bridge, which would be a pretty big blow given his record there for Durham. If that turns out to be the case, I wonder who England will turn to - Footitt or Plunkett?

Bish

Posted

Broad takes his 300th test wicket 3rd delivery of the day. Nice start

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

fabulous start yes!.......broad get his 300th, and rogers gets his first test duck....4/1

Posted

301 now! Brilliant start!

Edited by NUT
    Posted

10/2!!!

smith gone 3rd ball!...wow

Edited by ajpoolshark
    Posted

warner, gone 2nd ball....10/3....am I dreaming?

Posted

15/4

Posted

Why is there no critisism of the pitch? If that track was in Bangladesh or the West Indies the TMS commentators would be in a rage, but because it's in England, nothing, they say its just English conditions.

A test match pitch should be able to last 5 days, yet this track has been set up for 20/20.

Posted

21/5 !!!

Why is there no critisism of the pitch? If that track was in Bangladesh or the West Indies the TMS commentators would be in a rage, but because it's in England, nothing, they say its just English conditions.

A test match pitch should be able to last 5 days, yet this track has been set up for 20/20.

there's some seam and swing, not excessive though at all......it's just dreadful batting by Australia........

edit....what a stunning catch by Stokes!

Posted

29/6.....clarke gone....broad 5/6....sensational

Posted

29 for six Broad 5 wickets already. Either equal fastest five ever or joint fastest five wickets

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Wow, just Wow  !! 

Marvellous bowling   :D

B.

Posted

Boycott getting over confident. Need to finish them off then hit three or four hundred.

Posted

Finn with a jaffer.....33/7

Posted

99 wickets for Finn

Posted

Passed the lowest ever score for the Aussies