Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Posted

That's a good point aj, still plenty in this pitch for the England seamers. The Aussie batsmen are struggling against the moving ball. This lead could already be a match winning one. Have to wait and see.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scori

in all the doom and gloom for the aussies, there is one glimmer of hope....             ...in the form of a promising young batsman who top scored for them.....goes by the name of Extras .....l

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Disagree re Buttler. If England are serious about building a vibrant, exciting, attacking team for the future then this guy will be at the centre of it - he's an incredibly special talent, as his ODI exploits demonstrate.

Bish

i think your'e getting sucked too far in with the idea of attacking batsmen.....to be a successful test team you need batsmen who can occupy the crease as well as being able to attack when prudent....at the moment, buttler only ticks the second box, he needs to up his game big time with the bat...

just my opinion though Bish!  :D

Edited by ajpoolshark
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just to add re. buttler....67 runs in 5 innings this series at an average of just 13.....he really needs runs

Posted

Moeen seems determined to get 'em in edges  :D

AJ, I think Buttler's problem is that he just isn't very streetwise, i.e. walking during the Lord's test, not reviewing his LBW decision today. He needs to toughen up a bit. But that will come, eventually.

Bish

Posted

Agree that Buttler needs to toughen up- far too nice as they just mentioned on commentary. Surely you take you chances with a review with only 3 batsmen remaining.

I think he should get more time, but they need to tell him to go out there and play naturally. If not then Bairstow could always take the gloves with James Taylor coming in on standby.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

This is brilliant stuff. Come on England! :yahoo:  :yahoo:

• Like 1
    Posted

That's more like it. Just give it a good old-fashioned whack!

Bish

• Like 1
    Posted

Well, I'm going against the grain here but brainless batting from moeen Ali gifting his wicket away....steve finn is no mug with the bat and can hold his end up so why on earth is Ali throwing his wicket away?......there is a big difference between positive intent and reckless intent.....naive batting from numerous batsmen in this game

Posted

Haha I've been critical of England today but to be honest I think we need to look at the good Ali has done there- a vitally important 50 and a lead of 145 is bordering on a dream position.

Australia are going to have to bat incredibly well to give England a challenging total to chase. Against Jimmy with a moving Duke ball.

Posted

Don't get me wrong, it was a fine innings in the context of the match, but if some of our batsmen had used their heads then we could have batted the aussies out of the game. Still, it's a substantial lead and now Its over to the bowlers to see if they can repeat the first innings magic

Posted

You're a difficult man to please, AJ!!! :laugh:

Bish

lol.....that may be, but my sporting philosophy is once you have the opposition on the ropes don't give them a breather, knock them out

Edit, broad does the biz, Rodgers gone...18/1

Edited by ajpoolshark
    Posted

Warner off a flyer. He can be such a dangerous batsman when everything clicks.

Perhaps one or two overs from Moeen before tea? He's dismissed both of these batsmen already this series.

Bish

Posted

Smith out.

Two wickets down and still 83 behind.

my word, that's a biiiig wicket!..

Posted

Can somebody please explain how Steve Smith is ranked the #1 batsman in the world????

Sure, he has great hand/eye co-ordination, but there's more to batting than just that. He looks so twitchy and uncomfortable at the crease.

Bish

Posted

Warner gets his 50. Brilliantly poised match this. Must be time for tea soon

Posted

Can somebody please explain how Steve Smith is ranked the #1 batsman in the world????

Sure, he has great hand/eye co-ordination, but there's more to batting than just that. He looks so twitchy and uncomfortable at the crease.

Bish

erm, nearly 3000 runs in 31 tests at an average of nearly 60 might have something to do with it  :wink:

that's tea....england in a good position, but they must get warner out soon after the break, he's capable of scoring big hundred's in quick time

Edited by ajpoolshark
    Posted

Warner gets his 50. Brilliantly poised match this. Must be time for tea soon

Ideally we want to get them about five wickets down by the time they reach parity. However I'd settle for four wickets down if one of them is Warner, given how he has played so far.

Bish

Posted

This ain't lasting 5 days. Not a run fest pitch like lords was for the aussies obviously

Posted

Surely not a 2 day test again...................

Posted

warner gone....that's the one we wanted!  :D

• Like 2