Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Posted

Buttler and Stokes wreaking havoc after tea would be just the ticket.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scori

in all the doom and gloom for the aussies, there is one glimmer of hope....             ...in the form of a promising young batsman who top scored for them.....goes by the name of Extras .....l

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Good day for England by the looks of it. England style of collaspe by the Aussies. Nice too see Bell get some runs at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Make that 240/7....stokes drags on

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

England throwing their wickets away as they obviously believe that they have enough already. A dangerous game to play because now Australia have a sniff.

Posted

phew. Pyschologically feel better now with a lead of 400. And Wood - what a great 2 last shots!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

412 to win for the Aussies. Careless from England. They will have to bat very well (and they are capable) to win from here. Marginally frustrated that we didn't try for 350 in this innings again, some more dismissals and there's 2 days left if it doesn't rain on Sunday. England in the driving seat but we've gone from 'England can't not win' to 'will England win'. 

Hmmm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

289 all out with some beefy blows from Wood...a lead of 411....it should be enough, but I'd rather Eng had batted more sensibly and until lunch tomorrow 500 ahead....A faint ray of hope for the aussies, but hopefully Eng can make in roads tomorrow morning, the thought of the aussies 320/4 or 5 tomorrow night sets the nerves jangling!

Edited by ajpoolshark
    Posted

412 to win for the Aussies. Careless from England. They will have to bat very well (and they are capable) to win from here. Marginally frustrated that we didn't try for 350 in this innings again, some more dismissals and there's 2 days left if it doesn't rain on Sunday. England in the driving seat but we've gone from 'England can't not win' to 'will England win'. 

Hmmm. 

I don't anyone's honestly said that.....the aussie collapse from 200/2 to 300 all out shows that wickets can fall, but at the same time some of the batsmen have showed that runs are there to be had

Posted

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scoring (versus NZ in 2013 and Wi a few months ago).

Let's get this straight, England have set Australia 412 to win after a day where they skittled the Aussie lower order, something which has not happened much in the previous 2 series, then scored at well over 4 an over to set up a huge 4th innings run chase with dodgy weather forecast on Sunday therefore giving themselves plenty of time to get 10 wickets.

I cannot believe some people can still come across as negative. In the past we may have batted those 70 overs and been 175-5 therefore only just about 300 ahead!

• Like 5
    Posted

Funny to read comments of 'careless' and 'sloppy' when the aggressive style of play was called for on a number of occasions in the past when such positive match positions were wasted due to slow scoring (versus NZ in 2013 and Wi a few months ago).

Let's get this straight, England have set Australia 412 to win after a day where they skittled the Aussie lower order, something which has not happened much in the previous 2 series, then scored at well over 4 an over to set up a huge 4th innings run chase with dodgy weather forecast on Sunday therefore giving themselves plenty of time to get 10 wickets.

I cannot believe some people can still come across as negative. In the past we may have batted those 70 overs and been 175-5 therefore only just about 300 ahead!

Is the reverse sweep necessary? That's how Buttler got out. No. That was sloppy trying to be aggressive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I don't anyone's honestly said that.....the aussie collapse from 200/2 to 300 all out shows that wickets can fall, but at the same time some of the batsmen have showed that runs are there to be had

Nobody did...except me in my mind over a cup of coffee 3 hours ago. We couldn't lose IMO, but we can now if the Aussies occupy the crease. England firm favourites, but what do we lack...what have we lacked over the last few years....being clinical. 

Not being negative, I just think we would have been a bit more sensible and taken a few less risks and gone out at it tommorrow morning. Not moaning. This is the best position humanly possible that England could have thought up pre-series. It didn't turn for Lyon today, it didn't swing much after the new ball (I say much). If you occupy the crease here, I honestly think the Aussies have a decent shout. They have the players, the previous of breaking records and in Clarke and Smith they have match winners.

Posted

Nobody did...except me in my mind over a cup of coffee 3 hours ago. We couldn't lose IMO, but we can now if the Aussies occupy the crease. England firm favourites, but what do we lack...what have we lacked over the last few years....being clinical. 

Not being negative, I just think we would have been a bit more sensible and taken a few less risks and gone out at it tommorrow morning. Not moaning. This is the best position humanly possible that England could have thought up pre-series. It didn't turn for Lyon today, it didn't swing much after the new ball (I say much). If you occupy the crease here, I honestly think the Aussies have a decent shout. They have the players, the previous of breaking records and in Clarke and Smith they have match winners.

as long as the Eng bowlers bowl with the same discipline as the 1st innings they should be fine.....the wicket is slow with variable bounce and still some lateral movement (as well as some swing in the air)....put men on the drive and frustrate the aussies out......my prediction (bare in mind I'm nearly always wrong) is Aussies 269 all out in the final session tomorrow, they'll pass 200 with only 3 down but will subside quickly.....................    aussies to win by 7 wickets, I'm always wrong...lol

Edited by ajpoolshark
    Posted

To score 412 Australia would be only 6 runs off a world record score for a 4th inns. Are this Australia team capable of that? I don't think so. The record breaking team some years back would have been capable but also would never have got into the position that they needed to get so many runs in the 4th innings.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Joe Satriani should do it. Best song off a good album - from my youth.

Apologies for being off topic.

Only England's to not win now IMO.

Posted

It might actually work in England's favour now that they've been bowled out slightly quicker than we might have anticipated. If they had kept wickets in hand they may have batted beyond lunch tomorrow and reduced the number of sessions available to bowl the Aussies out and win the game. With some rain forecast on Sunday it may have given the Aussies a chance to escape.

Now though a result is highly likely- and with this pitch not getting any easier to bat on, if England bowl as they did in the first innings it should be a comfortable England victory. I think we all should be thrilled by this performance- as I predicted this Aussie attack has not been as fearsome as many thought it would be.

Posted

rogers dropped early but quickly dismissed by Broad........how on earth is warner still there?.....he's played at missed at least a dozen times.....Aus 40/1

Ali bowling some absolute filth, surprised that he's bowling to be honest, he's allowing the pressure to lift off

Edited by ajpoolshark
    Posted

Superlative bowling early on from Anderson and especially Broad, but only one wicket to show for it. Warner hanging on in there by the skin of his teeth at times.

Not sure about Moeen bowling this early, the newer ball doesn't generally grip in the pitch as much as the older one plus a shinier ball is harder to impart spin on. 

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I just hope that Boycott's statement doesn't make him look very foolish later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/33483900

Posted

Eng really need a wicket

Posted

Eng really need a wicket

Your wish has been granted!  :yahoo:

A good end to a slightly frustrating session for England. Australia will at least feel relieved they avoided any new-ball calamities, and have laid a platform for the middle order to cash in. But I doubt it'll be as straightforward as that.

Bish