Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yes indeed a very pleasant summers day. Time To revive this thread for the coming week. :)

Why? We're in Autumn. If we're going to discuss current weather then let's use the relevant season.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Why? We're in Autumn. If we're going to discuss current weather then let's use the relevant season.

Only if you follow the meteorological seasons. I find the astronomical seasons are closer to the real weather seen. Matter of choice. Of course, the coldies will happily claim its autumn outright no matter what though! But I appreciate its personal opinion. As far as im concerned if this thread is still allowed to be open, it still has use at least for astronomical summer. :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Lovely summery weather but the weather doesn't dictate a season.

Didn't change the fact it was getting dark & chilly at an ever earlier 19:30 tonight.

Odd - I thought that's what seasons were all about. After all, if we're going to define seasons based on daylight, summer begins sometime in April and ends sometime in August.

Having 3 calendar months for every season makes sense for statistical purposes, but is clearly no use when it comes to the type of weather we experience - that much is obvious - especially when the first part of September averages 20-22C for most of England as an average high, higher than the first part of June.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Only if you follow the meteorological seasons. I find the astronomical seasons are closer to the real weather seen. Matter of choice. Of course, the coldies will happily claim its autumn outright no matter what though! But I appreciate its personal opinion. As far as im concerned if this thread is still allowed to be open, it still has use at least for astronomical summer. :)

But you're reporting meteorological conditions on a meteorological forum.

Plus it makes things far easier by keeping them in the correct place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

But you're reporting meteorological conditions on a meteorological forum.

Plus it makes things far easier by keeping them in the correct place.

I thought you might say that. Might as well lock this thread then. Doesn't seem to have any purpose. However imo the meteorological definition is purely for statistical purposes for which I am not doing here so just merely posting in the season I feel best. So come late September, Autumn it definitely is. :)

Today was the only day which actually resembled the typical Derry Summer, blue-sky and 19C, I believe it was because of the Jet-Stream, letting the Azores High settle us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

My take on Summer '15 from Oxfordshire.  Plus point - it was largely dry - I organise a big rounders competition over the summer months and we've had little in the way of problems with the rain.  But other than that - where was the heat????  Few hot days around 1 July and another on 22 August - apart from that it might have been late spring or early autumn.

Still, I was staying in Bournemouth the night of THAT storm!!!

Oh well, roll on winter...

• Like 1