Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

It was supposed to be a dry day here also but after a reasonable morning had continuous rain between 11.30 and 15.30,summer 2015 continues !!

Posted

It was supposed to be a dry day here also but after a reasonable morning had continuous rain between 11.30 and 15.30,summer 2015 continues !!

For once it looks like we've missed out on the rain, lots of sunny spells though windy. Temp got to 18.6, almost average!

Posted

Disgusting summer here with heatwave after heatwave and no rain. We are in a huge drought. Trees are turning brown, grass is long gone and rivers are almost empty. The forecast for the next 10 days makes me sick. I mean, do I still live in the temperate zone or should I start planting palm trees?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Disgusting summer here with heatwave after heatwave and no rain. We are in a huge drought. Trees are turning brown, grass is long gone and rivers are almost empty. The forecast for the next 10 days makes me sick. I mean, do I still live in the temperate zone or should I start planting palm trees?

We have had the drought here too this year but without the heat, more of a 'cold drought'! Thankfully had a soaking last week so the plants and trees look like they are recovering, the grass was brown here and trees were wilting too. Wish it would warm up though. I have family in Brno and would love their temps for a few weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I am in Prague currently and whilst the grass is fairly brown, many of the trees still seem green and seen the rivers in good flow though I don't know what the normal levels are. I have seen far worse before.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

I thought you were talking about the next 10 days for the UK :p

Unsettled after unsettled,I could do a mix of your weather and this.

Posted

Definitely one of the worst Summers in living memory for Telford alongside 2011, no storms, no heatwaves, not one crystal clear sunny day (apart from June 30th when I was away), a relentless howling W/NW wind, sunshine and showers turns in sunless bands of rain, worst weather of the week always at the weekend, and sustained sub 17c maxima far to often.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Definitely one of the worst Summers in living memory for Telford alongside 2011, no storms, no heatwaves, not one crystal clear sunny day (apart from June 30th when I was away), a relentless howling W/NW wind, sunshine and showers turns in sunless bands of rain, worst weather of the week always at the weekend, and sustained sub 17c maxima far to often.

That's because you are in the firing line of all the dross that funnels through the Cheshire Gap from the northwest.  Forecast for today: overnight rain (which we got) then sunny and warm @23C.  The reality: leaden grey clouds, Liverpool ATIS reporting 17C @ mid-day.  I can't remember a "summer" as bad as this during my 60-odd years.

Posted

Definitely a distinct NW/SE split prevailing for much of this summer (and apparently likely to continue).  I was thinking that this summer had been remarkably ordinary here in the south, with the only interesting bits being the maximum on 1 July and the run of cold nights at the end.  I've just looked at the local stats for July (courtesy of Reading University) that tell of an only slightly below par month here, with temperatures 0.2C below the 1981-2010 mean, 98% sunshine and rainfall at 60mm (132%), 36mm of which fell on one day.

June was cool, dry and very sunny, and the outlook for August looks pretty average in these parts - so probably heading for a mediocre turnout for the season here rather than the appalling stories from further north and west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Surely 2007 2012 were worse? You don't live that far away so the amount of rain can't have been that different.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Feels like a warm Autumnal day here, windy with occassional heavy rain, dodging broken branches on the roads.

Met Eireann even have a warning out for strong winds tomorrow in Ireland, with gusts up to 110km/h predicted (~68mph).

Posted

For me summer 2012 must be up there with the worst in living memory - I just remember a cut-off low spinning gently around the British Isles and giving us day after day of rain for most of June and July.  August was better but far from stellar.  Compared to that summer 2015 is pretty benign - in the southeast, at least.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted

I am in Prague currently and whilst the grass is fairly brown, many of the trees still seem green and seen the rivers in good flow though I don't know what the normal levels are. I have seen far worse before.

Some places got hit by local storms recently so it's not the same everywhere but as you can see here -> http://hydro.chmi.cz/hpps/index.php?lng=ENG it's pretty bad already. The next ten days will make it much worse. Never seen anything like that. The persistency of warm weather is ridiculous.

stainesbloke: Well, it is nice for a few days but it gets tiring pretty fast. One or two days with 35C+ is fine but for more then a week? That's just too much. You can't sleep and working in these conditions is not exactly pleasant. It will be interesting to see what's in store for the second half of August. This summer could very well end up being the warmest and driest ever.

It's funny that even southern California got more rain in July than we did :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Warm and muggy here, onions drying in the sun. I feel guilty for saying it is quite a good summer mostly.

Same here daz, more of a temperate version with disgustingly humid cloudy weather dominating with mild nights and only the odd wet day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Same here daz, more of a temperate version with disgustingly humid cloudy weather dominating with mild nights and only the odd wet day.

The sun is out here Eugene, which couldnt be said for last week. The coldest last week of July since 1920 and also incredibly dull.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I spent the last week of July in Northumberland. It was nice to have a break from the constantly warm, sunny, stormless and uneventful weather down here and to experience something more interesting (13C maxima, windy, cloudy and rainy). Warm and sunny all the time gets boring very quickly.

Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Today is great - 22C and partly cloudy. Even if it was cloudy, who cares? I don't - I'll take cloudy, warm weather over sunny, cool weather every single day - unless it's winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Today is great - 22C and partly cloudy. Even if it was cloudy, who cares? I don't - I'll take cloudy, warm weather over sunny, cool weather every single day - unless it's winter.

The window of warm and sunny weather is only really 4 months of the year anyway. It never gets properly warm enough in April to still be in a tshirt in the evening, and by September it just isnt the same as it is in June and July. So i dont get what all the moaning is about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

27c here now might just squeeze 28c.

Posted

Quite a nice day today, 19-20C (kept down a bit by the onshore breeze), breezy and sunny. 

I wouldn't say the summer has been too bad for dry/relatively decent weather here, many would rate most summers from 2007-2012 worse.

However from a meteorological perspective It's been quite boring here.. where are the convective days? Only thing we've had here is a bit of elevated thunder or distant lightning a couple of occasions. Even normal sunshine/showers and associated cloudscapes have seemed virtually absent this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

After a cloudy morning with some drizzle the sun is finally out and up to the dizzy heights of 18 deg,feels warm,the warmest day for 2 weeks!

Posted

I spent the last week of July in Northumberland. It was nice to have a break from the constantly warm, sunny, stormless and uneventful weather down here and to experience something more interesting (13C maxima, windy, cloudy and rainy). Warm and sunny all the time gets boring very quickly.

Cold and cloudy gets boring very quickly too, we've had it all spring and summer!!

Today sums it up, watching Ride London, 27 n sunny, BBC weather app for here, 16 and raining!!

Hoping for an improvement, can't stay so poor for ever.