Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

10-13°c sat outside for longer than 10 mins in a t shirt is going to be cold for 90% of people in this country lol.

I would happily sit outside the church in a massive blizzard with -10c in a T-shirt.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I would happily sit outside the church in a massive blizzard with -10c in a T-shirt.

Well you're made of strong stuff (or completly daft! haha). I would happily sit out in a blizzard though, just not in a t shirt!

Posted

Interesting similiarities perhaps with this time last year setting up... John Hammond was mentioning need to watch tropical storm developments next week and how this interacts with the Jetstream, last August we saw ex hurricane bertha have a long lasting effect on the whole of August... next week's developments could be in sync with ex hurricane bertha..

Posted

The last 7 days have had an average here of just 13.9C. As a result we're now running at a mean of 16.2C, which is 0.6C below average. Its also one of the dullest July's on record and we've had 127% of average rainfall. After the promising start it has been quite disappointing.

August will now have to finish at least a degree above the 1981-2010 average just to give an average summer mean temp. Pretty unlikely I'd say as that would be the warmest August since 1997.

Edited by reef
  • Like 1

Posted

The May - July mean maximum temperature for 2015 is actually 0.1c below the average May mean maximum here

i cant imagine that has ever happened before.

July is now a -1.0c anomaly and is the second biggest negetive month of this year, with every month below average still. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Interesting similiarities perhaps with this time last year setting up... John Hammond was mentioning need to watch tropical storm developments next week and how this interacts with the Jetstream, last August we saw ex hurricane bertha have a long lasting effect on the whole of August... next week's developments could be in sync with ex hurricane bertha..

Is it likely to be an Bertha job where we get unseasonal cold and wet, or a Cristobal job where we had an unusually settled September? I'm hoping for the latter, sucking up high pressure underneath it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well fingers crossed any ex hurricanes shove the jet away north where it's meant to be at this time of year and bring in some late summer warmth instead of this cold garbage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Whilst waiting patiently for summer I'm consoling myself with thoughts that the Little Ice Age had many cool, wet summers and perhaps with the help of the quieter sun, we're drifting quicker into one than anticipated. Yeah, I know in my dreams....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

This brings back memories, Dawn: 

:D  :D

Posted

Hopefully this cooler weather continues for the rest of the summer. Really pleasant days here at around 15c so very comfortable for working in an office and not sweating all day.

The nights are nice and cool also, in stark contrast to the start of the month which was horrible to sleep in.

Hay fever also has died down in recent days (unbearable a few weeks ago) so long may the wet and cool weather continue.

Edited by Joe8987
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I suppose its ok if you live to work

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

even then, you would rather drive to work in miserable rain rather than blue skies?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold & dry or cold & snow but definitely not oppresive heat and humidity

even then, you would rather drive to work in miserable rain rather than blue skies?

Into every life a little rain must fall :rofl: Personally I don't mind it.

Posted

My main problem with hot weather is hay fever, it makes enjoying the outdoors for a prolonged period of time impossible

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

My main problem with hot weather is hay fever, it makes enjoying the outdoors for a prolonged period of time impossible

mine is the other way, nose blocked everytime summer ends and turns colder, blocked for 2-3 days now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Yes, i can see even myself wanting cool summers if i worked every day in an unairconditioned stuffy office and when i wasnt working i slept. But outside of work i like to get out and about as much as possible and the mid 20s and sunny is far more useable than 15c and raining. On Saturday i play cricket which is probably the most weather dependant sport there is. Its no fun stood out in the field in freezing cold winds and squally showers in early May. But on a warm summers afternoon there is nothing i would prefer doing than making the best use of the valuable summer days, followed by a nice pint in the evening sunshine.

• Like 1

Absolute bonkers summer for Derry, we have only had two days with temperatures trying to get over twenty degrees, miserable and cloudy. March and April were the best, warmest and sunniest months for Derry then the sun abandoned us for the rest of Spring and this Summer.

Time to buy oil again :'(

Posted

Oh dear 2/3rds now into meteorological summer, and it hasn't in my view really got going, and given the outlook won't now, even if we do see a warm August which looks unlikely. It's been a very disappointing 3 months for the northern half of the UK in particular, a few odd decent days here and there, but no real sustained settled weather, and just far too many cloudy cool windy days...

August can be a terrible month, and we are now entering the wettest half of the year.. I often start to feel a bit despondent as we enter August when we have had so little summery weather, the clock is now fast ticking away.. A new sort of atmosphere and feel starts to pervade the countryside as we move through August, a slowing down sort of feel, unlike the joys of April-June feel.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted

It's been two weeks since a warm summer's day with a balmy evening in these parts. Regretfully it would seem the jet stream has moved further south over the past few years on average. Although there'll be some variations it seems likely our summers will be different from the ones we use to know, with more mixed conditions. I hope I'm wrong. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Unless August can save this summer it looks as if summer 2015 will be added to the poor/very disappointing summer list comprising 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 and 2012 with 2014 scarcely average only 2013 can be classed as very good since 2006 ! Having said that even 2013 wasn't that great outside of july as it was very cloudy in these parts .

Edited by hillbilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

It hasn't been that bad of a summer here to be honest. Yes it hasn't been lovely, but it could have been much worse. I just hope August will also provide a few good days too.

Yes, the South East of England looks OK but it's been truly awful here.

It's rained every day this week and rain is also forecast tomorrow. Sunday looks dreadful again. I reckon this is on a par with the summer of 1985, maybe even worse. It rained for 90 days non stop that year and it didn't settle down until early October.

We're slowly but surely running out of time for this summer with less than 5 weeks remaining. The charts over the next couple of weeks look poor as well.

It's also been very cool here with even grass frost on some nights.

When the stats are in on Saturday I reckon this will be one of the coolest and wettest Julys on record here in Northern Ireland.

At least 1985 had a really good spring.

Edited by Peter H