Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

microclimate

Einhell Cultivator

Anyone on here got an Einhell Cultivator?  I'm having problems with the rotors jamming as the gap between the rotor cover and tines is so small, less than an inch.  The suggestion is there is nothing wrong with the machine but as the owner of several rotavators over the last 20 years I have never had a problem with stones or clumps jamming the rotors before.  On my last Honda FG315 the gap is over 6" so hence no problem.   If you have a rotavator (mid-size petrol 5hp ish) and a spare minute could you post your gaps (matron!). Just need to be reassured it's not me it's the machine. Cheers.

Anyone on here got an Einhell Cultivator?  I'm having problems with the rotors jamming as the gap between the rotor cover and tines is so small, less than an inch.  The suggestion is there is nothing wrong with the machine but as the owner of several rotavators over the last 20 years I have never had a problem with stones or clumps jamming the rotors before.  On my last Honda FG315 the gap is over 6" so hence no problem.   If you have a rotavator (mid-size petrol 5hp ish) and a spare minute could you post your gaps (matron!). Just need to be reassured it's not me it's the machine. Cheers.

that's a small gap ,don't think there's much to say apart from selling and buying a Honda , p.s I used to own a heavy plant business :)..

Is it not possible to adjust it further away?
With one we had (not that make) you put it closer to make it fine, further away for rougher digging might dry better.
You might even take it off altogether

You might even take it off altogether

Yes i have done this myself once, Solves a lot of problems..

Yes,  I have taken it off but soil is then flying up into the base of the engine and I don't want to cause any damage.  It isn't adjustable so in my view it is badly designed.........unless you want to rotavate sand!

• Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners

Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners - Blog by Jenny Bell WWW.NETWEATHER.TV In the first in a regular series of gardening articles, Jenny Bell gives her top tips for new gardeners who are maybe taking their first gardening steps during the lockdown.  

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Warm Sunny Days Before A More Unsettled & Cooler Easter Weekend

High pressure in charge next few days will bring warm sunshine for many, but from Good Friday and through the Easter Weekend it will turn cooler and more unsettled with showers. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather