Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Dogtag Travel Ins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hi All

I am just about to purchase my usa storm chase travel insurance from dogtag what cover do i need to get?

from what i can see the sport+ and the Dogtag base cover will suffice anyother suggestions will be most appreciated .

The Storm Fisherman

I have gone for the Sport plus   Max   but could have gone for the lesser package . 

Tom 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

Travel policies will often have a list of activities which are permitted and therefore insured. I would recommend you who ever you choose to insure with that they are aware of the purpose of the trip I.e disclosure of material facts. There will also be a requirement that policyholders do not take unnecessary risks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Travel policies will often have a list of activities which are permitted and therefore insured. I would recommend you who ever you choose to insure with that they are aware of the purpose of the trip I.e disclosure of material facts. There will also be a requirement that policyholders do not take unnecessary risks.

The only necessary risk I occasionally take is travelling in the van after Paul has eaten chicken wings.

Tom 

• Like 1

Posted

The only necessary risk I occasionally take is travelling in the van after Paul has eaten chicken wings.

Tom

Oh. Is there a policy out there that covers this?! Sounds like a deal breaker..

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow

Tom

LOL

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Hi All

Just a quick update i finally got around to sorting out my insurance with dog-tag yesterday

i had to go through medical pre-screening, as i take prescriped medication for arthritis, so not too many questions and was not charged any extra as it was deemed not a risk.

As i have already travel insurance with my bank account but that does not cover stormchasing but it still cost me £88.

as i am on another tour with Charles Edwards, i will be setting up my own thread on the fourum to keep everyone updated on the chase/tour.

see you all under the meso  Paul

Edited by the storm fisherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I went for the basic as I'm a cheapskate. Although thankfully my asthma didn't bump it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think it's only the sport+ which specifically covers storm chasing as a listed activity.

Yeah I went for that, but within that you get three tiers of cover - base, pro or max.