Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2015.

Posted

Tonight's Ecm 12z ensemble mean turns very blocked with a powerful scandi high becoming the dominant feature as far as the uk is concerned, it's goodbye to the Atlantic for possibly a couple of weeks beyond T+168..it won't be missed by me.

I hope a few of us keep the model output discussion alive despite the mass exodus. :-)

I don't come in here much during winter as I cannot be arsed with the snow angst but the exodus seems greater than usual this year. Maybe the final nail in winter's coffin (and the interest of many)  is the temerity of our weather to now provide the perfect synoptics.....just when winter has gone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

I don't come in here much during winter as I cannot be arsed with the snow angst but the exodus seems greater than usual this year. Maybe the final nail in winter's coffin (and the interest of many)  is the temerity of our weather to now provide the perfect synoptics.....just when winter has gone.

i reckon the few who post here sum up the outlook very well, and with rather uninteresting weather expected there seems little point in repeating what others have more elequently posted!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Another wonderful Daily Star front page tomorrow

Hottest Spring Ever - Break out the BBQ

Plus, they are giving away a free water bottle !! (cause we'll all be soon sweltering, i presume)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Just in case there's a drought anywhere south of Skye and the NW Highlands.....I can sell you some water.....I had 53.9mm in the last 24 hours and we are expecting another deluge tomorrow. Want me to keep some aside for you? Special deals for Netweather members!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I think we are looking at a very wet week, for midlands anyway, the usual setup of wet days and dry nights, mon, wed and thur look washed out, but dry every night this week

and then I think more rain from Sun 15th

Posted

Snow next Sunday? Anyone! Anyone?

Winter, the only season we get twice per year, and yet snow comes at any time other!! ><

Posted

It looks like winter finally seems to be over in USA!

What would most of us have given for a winter like they've just had?

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

ECM suggesting some HLB in the Greenland area for 2 runs now.

ECH1-240.GIF?12

ECH1-240.GIF?10-12

Of primary interest to me though is whether the fronts would push through quickly enough to leave us under clear skies come the morning of the 20th. 

Posted

Worst charts ever this weekend, 5c day and night with stratomuck.

Be glad when clocks go forward so have at least a chance to enjoy some sunshine as it only comes out weekdays nowadays bar the odd rogue Saturday :laugh:  

Edited by conor123
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Worst charts ever this weekend, 5c day and night with stratomuck.

Be glad when clocks go forward so have at least a chance to enjoy some sunshine as it only comes out weekdays nowadays bar the odd rogue Saturday :laugh:  

better than heavy rain, Rain is more common than dry here, would settle for 5C and dry, Friday 13th mind you a shocker for our areas

Posted
The model output is so vile and disgusting it makes me want to swear. Absolute filth. Doesn't look like a single passable day in the next week with the wind coming from the worst possible direction. Sunless, wet and depressing. Intolerable on top of all the other spells of rank south easterlies we've been forced to suffer over the past 15 months :wallbash:

This has been an outstandingly boring late winter/early spring. Windy every day for almost a month, barely a frost and hardly any days reaching 10C, zero convective activity of any sort. It is pathetic. This current spell is the most dismal since November and clearly is going to get even worse. 2015 just continuing where 2014 left off in spewing out the worst possible garbage at all times :bad:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

I can understand Richards frustration, prospects from mid to late March has gone from sunny high pressure to a weak easterly with drizzle and sleet. The models again have been absolutely useless beyond 5 days.

Nothing worse than a weak easterly in March with a cold breeze, cloudy skies and light sleet when everyone wants a bit of warmth, pure pants!

Andy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Just typical that we waited all winter for a Scandi High...and we get one in mid March...!! wish i was in that Italian village that had 8ft...yes 8ft of snow in 24hrs....

• Like 2

Posted

The model output is so vile and disgusting it makes me want to swear. Absolute filth. Doesn't look like a single passable day in the next week with the wind coming from the worst possible direction. Sunless, wet and depressing. Intolerable on top of all the other spells of rank south easterlies we've been forced to suffer over the past 15 months :wallbash:

This has been an outstandingly boring late winter/early spring. Windy every day for almost a month, barely a frost and hardly any days reaching 10C, zero convective activity of any sort. It is pathetic. This current spell is the most dismal since November and clearly is going to get even worse. 2015 just continuing where 2014 left off in spewing out the worst possible garbage at all times :bad:

sorry could not help this

'always look on the bright side of life'

one day perhaps you will ?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It's one of those situations that often frustrates snow lovers but has a strong scientific basis behind it.  The strength of the westerlies is typically at its weakest between mid-February and mid-June and therefore blocked setups with Greenland and/or Scandinavian highs are more likely to happen.  Scandinavian High setups are particularly frustrating because at this time of year they are usually associated with stratus and drizzle in eastern parts of the country.  The North Sea is near its coldest but the continent is warming up, and so it is hard to achieve those cold unstable easterlies with snow showers.  I don't think the easterly will sustain for long enough to produce a repeat of 11-25 March 1996, though, when many parts of NE England had 15 consecutive sunless days.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Dire model output at the moment, neither fish nor foul.  Stripping wind and rain out of the mix, we must have some on the most boring weather on this planet, with any interesting extremes virtually non existent.   End of rant!! :oops:

do we I am not so sure about that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Good lord, two more bloody weeks of cloudy skys with the very odd sunny day and no rain, how boring....Lets hope we have high pressure like this in the summer but you know what the british whether can be like.

To me this winter weather has been pretty much boring....Last winter was FAR more exciting in the southwest.

I'm speaking from where I live in the southwest but we've really not had that much rain at all this winter compared to most winters, I'd be interested to see sastitics.

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted

To me this winter weather has been pretty much boring....Last winter was FAR more exciting in the southwest.

I agree with this , many say this winter is a big improvement on last ?  how is it ??? , not been cold and snowy enough , and no decent storms either for the likes of me, its been a drab boring no mans land of dross for months now ,  roll on spring and summer , I can nearly taste it now , at least we may get some torrential downpours and convective cloudscapes