Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2015.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I like how high pressure seems to force its way through on the latest GFS 12z later on in the week. Almost like its been shut out for far too long so 'its my turn now!'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It very much deserves it's turn now! Hopefully this developing plume event at the start of August is just the beginning of something better... :)

Agree with a post by Thunderbolt_, I don't usually, yes lets hope it is start, but I still think over last 10 years, high pressure is becoming less and less around the UK at all times of the year

• Like 1

Posted

You wait, Summer will be back with a vengeance come September!

it better  im off for 2 weeks!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

You wait, Summer will be back with a vengeance come September!

Hmm...

cfsnh-0-1260.png?06

Anyway, back to the near future and the GFS 06z op stalls the depression in the Atlantic which delivers a much more pleasant outlook for early next week:

gfsnh-0-186.png?6

We'll have to see how many GEFS members go with that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Hmm...

cfsnh-0-1260.png?06

Anyway, back to the near future and the GFS 06z op stalls the depression in the Atlantic which delivers a much more pleasant outlook for early next week:

gfsnh-0-186.png?6

We'll have to see how many GEFS members go with that.

528dam air over the north of the UK? That indicates the possibility of wintry precipitation if not actually snow at sea level. Please tell me I'm mistaken.  Where is all this cold coming from?

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

528dam air over the north of the UK? That indicates the possibility of wintry precipitation of not actually snow at sea level. Please tell me I'm mistaken

''Eavens above it is a fantasy FI chart, only posted for fun, no way will 16th Sept turn out like that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

''Eavens above it is a fantasy FI chart, only posted for fun, no way will 16th Sept turn out like that

Never say Never with the weather, Ive done that a few times and got plenty of egg on my face!!! :oops:  :rofl:  :D

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Does look like a warmup coming (NW/SE split somewhat) although the pattern looks a bit fragile to me with the core of any heights well north east.

• Like 1

Posted

Hmm...

cfsnh-0-1260.png?06

Lol, what a nice Birthday present that would be for me!

:D  :cold:

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted

Latest EC32 inline with last umpteen CFS ensemble updates; negative temp anomaly throughout - thats out to August 28th. No doubt Knocker will update in morning.

Edited by draztik
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Frosty still going for a heatwave next week, doesn't look likely to me, BBC have given a monthly forecast today and they go for a mostly unsettled month especially next week and only a chance of something a bit better mid month.

I think that could be it now for any prolonged summery weather with high temps, maybe a few nice days from time to time with temps in low to mid 70's. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

September will bring in the good weather, patience...

Yes! you maybe right, just like the that last two months and still waiting :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Frosty still going for a heatwave next week, doesn't look likely to me, BBC have given a monthly forecast today and they go for a mostly unsettled month especially next week and only a chance of something a bit better mid month.

I think that could be it now for any prolonged summery weather with high temps, maybe a few nice days from time to time with temps in low to mid 70's. 

Heatwave , what planet is he on??? :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'm fine with the output for here - highs in the low twenties once we get this terrible week over and done with. Still subject to change mind you - but currently looks okay to me. Location dependent as ever.

I don't place any faith into long-range models. If you took them as a gospel in early June you'd have thought June and July were going to turn out terrible but in reality both are/will be within average range, albeit slightly below. An extremely average summer for most places - continuing the theme of extremely average months, with the exception of April. Just the past few days that have spoilt an otherwise good July.

Just my opinion of course.

Posted

Latest 12z anomaly charts even out to t384 mid August show odd warmer day...otherwise standard or below fare...normal UK weather nothing great and this Summer is gradually winding down...roll on Autumn.

Being able to pick out the odd warm day on anomaly charts out to T384 shows a very impressive level of expertise. :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Cherry picking is well known amongst summer lovers on here cough cough

Not half as bad as winter - where people posting anything mild are hounded out of any thread!

Anyway, why would people be disappointed with normal summer weather in the UK? That's precisely what this summer has been - normal.

• Like 3

Posted

Not half as bad as winter - where people posting anything mild are hounded out of any thread!

Anyway, why would people be disappointed with normal summer weather in the UK? That's precisely what this summer has been - normal.

Perhaps its been a normal summer in your back garden but other folks have different views,,,,, :closedeyes:

• Like 2

Posted

Try telling that to the folk in Northern Ireland & Scotland - while prone to some inclement periods in summer, it has been far from average there. In fact, it has been miserable!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Frosty still going for a heatwave next week, doesn't look likely to me,

NO HE ISNT.... This really jaffa cakeses me off. You are misreprisenting what frosty says.

Frosty only posts what the charts are SHOWING.

• Like 4

Posted

Try telling that to the folk in Northern Ireland & Scotland - while prone to some inclement periods in summer, it has been far from average there. In fact, it has been miserable!

Yes, you're quite right - my apologies to folk there. It's been decent here though.

In all honesty though, the summer averages here are still below what I like, and 20C is the bare minimum I consider acceptable in July and August - so an average summer in Scotland and NI would just be disastrous!

Edited by cheese