Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2015.

Posted

Virologists are becoming increasingly concerned that the winter 'snowfest' virus has mutated and can now survive in summer temperatures in the mid 30c.

If the ECM is correct then I for one do not look forward to the commute to work in overcrowded train carriages where the temperature can easily surpass 115 degrees F (underground) . And I am not sure why some who live in the north see such charts indicating stupidly high temps for the south and rejoice over the fact .

• Like 3

If the ECM is correct then I for one do not look forward to the commute to work in overcrowded train carriages where the temperature can easily surpass 115 degrees F (underground) . And I am not sure why some who live in the north see such charts indicating stupidly high temps for the south and rejoice over the fact .

underground is awfull in high temps , 2006 springs to mind :(..
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

I suspect this place is going to become VERY busy in the next two weeks!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

by wary of GEM outlook being closer, this is still FI, develops a low in the Atlantic, UKMO may be going similar way, not a fan of hot weather, but would like to see GFS being close, as it would make a change from our usual non stop autumn weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

.... and i dont get why people rejoice at being cold. i guess its all down to personal preferences, ill enjoy the heat and humidity - i can tollerate that far more then cold.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Did i ever mention how much i hate Spanish Plumes. All they are good for is melting me in a pool of my own sweat.

• Like 2

Posted

.... and i dont get why people rejoice at being cold. i guess its all down to personal preferences, ill enjoy the heat and humidity - i can tollerate that far more then cold.

You have completely misread and or misunderstood my post.

• Like 3

Posted

Right can we stop the arguing now please? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether they are looking forward to the warm spell or not.

Cheers,

SR

Morning Scott, no arguing from me, just pointing out someone had misread or misunderstood my post :) And I thought my original post was best suited in here(moans,ramps,banter) rather than the mod thread.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Thanks Tamara, an excellent read and everybody should take a look !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Thanks Tamara, an excellent read and everybody should take a look !

Indeed. For every draztik there are several Tamara's - hats off to them, as this forum would be lost without their valuable and level headed input.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Can someone give me guidance towards how to model watch successfully because I'm not really doing a good job I don't think?? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Some impressive heat coming out of France at the end of next week. The potential is there for a lovely summery mix of hot weather and storms.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So the big question is, will the ECM op which shows potentially record breaking heat for early June be an outlier? :p

Posted

Weatheronline says 32C for London on Saturday.

zO2CtJr.png

Sadly much cooler and cloudier forecast for here. :( Very concerned that the heat will not reach up here.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I'll bank now if you don't mind;

post-12721-0-12571500-1433019694_thumb.p

I can cope with excess heat if it means active weather is likely.

Bring on some storms please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Weatheronline says 32C for London on Saturday.

zO2CtJr.png

Sadly much cooler and cloudier forecast for here. :( Very concerned that the heat will not reach up here.

32C would be lovely, especially over the weekend when more people can enjoy it. Temps that high could set off some very beefy storms too. As I sit wrapped up in a blanket yet again 'cos it's so horribly cold, I'm praying the heat does arrive and affects as much of the UK as possible.

• Like 1

Posted

I can't say I'm looking forward to 32c in London either but if it has to be any time, a weekend is the preferred because at least I don't have to endure London's mobile sauna where you have to keep your clothes on (though I understand on parts of the Piccadilly Line they are more relaxed).

Like 16 million other people I suffer from hay fever and hot, humid and still conditions are about as bad as it gets for me I'm afraid and I have to take some quite strong medication to provide relief which doesn't help me much to be honest so a few beefy thunderstorms would be more than welcome.

I have no problem with summer from around mid-July but until then a little consideration for the many people for whom excessive heat is potentially dangerous and especially so when exacerbated by ambient pollution so for people with chest and breathing problems, the heat you enjoy is purgatory.

I'm hopeful the heat will be short lived and we'll pick up a nice refreshing E'ly off the North Sea to make life more comfortable before what looks like the return of a more N'ly component by mid-month.

• Like 2

Posted

Consideration noted, but a cool northerly?, For the love of god - summers in the UK are already on the cool side - the last thing we need is even cooler weather. It is supposed to be the season of warmth, not showers and cool weather. You have all year to enjoy that rubbish - we only have a precious 3 months to enjoy some heat and even then it's shaky.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

I can't say I'm looking forward to 32c in London either but if it has to be any time, a weekend is the preferred because at least I don't have to endure London's mobile sauna where you have to keep your clothes on (though I understand on parts of the Piccadilly Line they are more relaxed).

Like 16 million other people I suffer from hay fever and hot, humid and still conditions are about as bad as it gets for me I'm afraid and I have to take some quite strong medication to provide relief which doesn't help me much to be honest so a few beefy thunderstorms would be more than welcome.

I have no problem with summer from around mid-July but until then a little consideration for the many people for whom excessive heat is potentially dangerous and especially so when exacerbated by ambient pollution so for people with chest and breathing problems, the heat you enjoy is purgatory.

I'm hopeful the heat will be short lived and we'll pick up a nice refreshing E'ly off the North Sea to make life more comfortable before what looks like the return of a more N'ly component by mid-month.

Consideration? Are we heat lovers not supposed to rejoice in that because some people dont like it or are effected by it?

Sorry... I got told to stf up when the cold spring the other year lost me 20% of my income. I got no consideration when i was losing money whilst others were revelling in their favoured weather type. Ill certainly not restrict my enjoyment at the heat we might get this summer... Bring it on!

• Like 7

Posted

how many people have ever died from the heat?  

Posted

Consideration? Are we heat lovers not supposed to rejoice in that because some people dont like it or are effected by it?

Sorry... I got told to stf up when the cold spring the other year lost me 20% of my income. I got no consideration when i was losing money whilst others were revelling in their favoured weather type. Ill certainly not restrict my enjoyment at the heat we might get this summer... Bring it on!

Indeed. Cold lovers rule the roost and shoot anyone down who dare speak of mild weather in winter - without acknowledging how damaging cold weather and snow are. Yet those of us wanting a bit of heat must show consideration.

Hypocrisy.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 5