Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

Dave Mackay

Dave Mackay has died aged 80.

He was a Spurs legend and a member of the great side of the 60s. There is one thing for sure he was a very hard man as well as a great footballer and if Dave tackled you you stayed tackled.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/31704507

A great player; one of my first Spurs 'heroes'.

Although not a Hoddle or Gascoigne, i'd put him in the all-time top 5 of Spurs midfielders.

Well I would say he was more of an old fashioned left half than a midfielder.

Yes, you're right Knocker - i suppose i'd updated the midfield status to today's footie world.

I played at left half at school. :D

Interesting to wonder where he would fit in with the modern systems. He could be one of a back three or one of the centre backs but I see him as the holding midfield player. They shall not pass.

• Warm run-up to Easter but a destabilising low means sunshine and showers at the weekend

High pressure is keeping our weather settled at the moment, and in the main it'll stay that way until the end of the week. But with low pressure helping to destabilise the atmosphere this weekend, the sunshine will be joined by some heavy showers. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners

Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners - Blog by Jenny Bell WWW.NETWEATHER.TV In the first in a regular series of gardening articles, Jenny Bell gives her top tips for new gardeners who are maybe taking their first gardening steps during the lockdown.  

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather