Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

But a late cold spell is a waste... "Yay lets all go play out in the snow".. few hours later.. "oh......................................mud"

Sun,Cloudless sky's and warmth..

Oh the joys of weather..

If you are expecting heatwaves & storms in March/April expect to be disappointed typically a time of nothingness when it comes to extremes any warm looking Synoptics are a waste at this time of year as Sod's law Mother Nature balances out with a drenching of a Summer. It is only March not May, let it be.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

But a late cold spell is a waste... "Yay lets all go play out in the snow".. few hours later.. "oh......................................mud" 

Sun,Cloudless sky's and warmth.. 

Oh the joys of weather..

Yesterdays uppers weren't warm yet it brought a beautiful Spring day with a beautiful clear frosty night before and after.

Posted

There was a very pretty, faint rainbow from the mizzle just before sunset. As the sun was so low in the sky, the rainbow very nearly a half-circle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another sunny start to the day here, looks pleasantly mild too 

12-778UK.GIF?12-0

11-14C today, a little cooler around the north sea and channel coasts with a light onshore breeze.

Cloud will thicken later to bring a little rain to the west of the region, eastern areas will stay dry and mainly clear throughout.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the prediction of 11C today has already been surpassed, currently 13C with some decent spells of sunshine (albeit with a fair amount of high cloud). Could hit 15C this afternoon, maybe a little higher. 

Tomorrow is looking increasingly likely to be a sunny one as well as the fronts look to be struggling more than predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been nice and sunny all day, just like yesterday which stayed dry here, I think tomorrow may well be a bit more cloudy though :(

A high today of 12.4

Posted

Been nice and sunny all day, just like yesterday which stayed dry here, I think tomorrow may well be a bit more cloudy though :(

A high today of 12.4

Tomorrow should be ok, it really depends on if and when the low cloud arrives from the east. No fronts near us tomorrow as the block to our east pushes them back.

Posted

Essex Weather Centre (and WeatherPro) were forecasting almost continuous sunshine this afternoon, but there's been a lot of cloud around and there's total cloud cover now (despite the forecast saying sunshine!).

Edited by h2005uk

Posted

Another bright and sunny day here

Posted

Nice and sunny, feeling a bit cooler than it has been though, the wind seems quite breezy at times and you can feel a chill in it.

Posted

A high of 9.4 today, been quite hazy this afternoon, the weekends cloud is slowly rolling in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Just over 10c here today, lovely in the garden, feeling cold out though.
You can feel the cold out now, looking over towards the river, one can see low clouds starting to roll in.

I say thank you for a nice week and hello crap weekend.

Posted

Already I'm thinking of next winter I must temper it down, honestly it'll be Winter before you know it - but I do not want to wish my life away. It is looking chilly with a slack continental airflow with continent warming as it does, nothing spectacular at best cold rain, I do hope we get a smashing snow event in SE in the next 12 months or I'll lose my sanity -something thing like 1987 please. :)

post-19153-0-56889000-1426277177_thumb.j

Posted

Remember March two years ago? I couldn't have imagined that - ice days around the 25th and snow drifts outside of town that lasted until the end of April! For shock value I think we could see something wintry Sunday morning. I mentioned the potential about 10 days ago in the Midlands thread and people thought I must be high on something.

Posted

Another sunny start here. The cloud hasn't arrived yet it seems.

Posted

I have sun shine and cumulus, and looks very good for showers later, I hope may be even some thunder storms. None of what people were talking about, milky white skies no sun.

Temp 5.9 dp 2.4

Posted

The cloud has bubbled up here now, whether or any showers form from this is another matter.

Yeah this is quickly turning into a stratus-fest.

Posted

Heh after a couple of hours of grey skies the cloud simply moved away and the sunshine has returned. Still a chilly 8C though. 

Posted

The skies have just clouded over now, been a nice sunny day with cloudy patches up until now. High of 6.9 earlier.

Posted

The cloud rolled in quickly after dark here, a few spots of drizzle at times now.