Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

First bus-conducting job of the year for which I didn't need a warm coat. Even on the open platform it was lovely. Then I had a pleasant stroll back across Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens. 

I'll see your stormtrooper by Primark and raise you a pink panther near Sloane Square. She'd been on an anti-fracking demo round the Embankment.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well despite forecasts of a grey and damp day. The weather is currently sunny again at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well despite forecasts of a grey and damp day. The weather is currently sunny again at the moment.

Same here Captain, I was expecting to wake up to dull but mild conditions but currently sunny and gorgeous outside, given me chance to tidy the garden up before heading out for some lunch, I may have to swap the Sunday Roast for the citrus salad and white bait :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

What a beautiful spring day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Finally clouding over now, the temperature is a respectable 15C

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

A high of 10.3 again today, less windy than yesterday but still chilly. Sunny till now, clouding over.

• Like 1

Posted

Finally home from work, it was cloudy for an hour or two with a few spots of rain before clearing again. Overall this weekend has been pretty nice.

A changeable week ahead weather-wise with temperatures a little above normal overall.

Posted

Cloud cleared after about an hour last evening, no rain in it at all. Already feeling lovely and warm today, garden is looking forward to this evenings rain.

Posted

Spoke to soon, was hoping it wouldn't cloud over till later. temp 7.2, cloudy, little wind about.

Posted

No rain what so ever here, still cloudy though so temp holding up at 7.8.

Posted

Grey afternoon, but very little rain though.

Posted

Nice, bright and sunny day here.

Posted

Nice and warm today, no cloud about 10.9 so the high, I expect it to climb higher. Warmer than the weekend was here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Just making one of my infrequent non winter visits to NW!

Not the best winter for the SE, saw falling snow a few times which was an improvement over the last one but not really anything to write home about!

Here's to a good summer.

• Like 1

Posted

Temp hit a high of 11.7 here today, it's dropping off now, some high cloud about but not thick enough to stop the sun shining. 

Posted

A maximum of 12C here today, with clear skies pretty much all the way. Another decent day I would say. The easterly spell I await with an element of dread. Cold, grey and drizzly doesn't cut it with me to be honest.

I just don't get people on here..

Why for the love of god would you be hunting for cold now??? Why would you want cold in March??? 

If it snows over night.. and say the next day is 1-3 degrees it makes no odds with no cloud cover.. That sun is so so warm now and getting warmer everyday it is wasted... 

Get that heat in, start warming the seas up and get some decent imports and home grown storms come late spring early summer..

Nuts people!

• Like 1

Posted

Patchy frost to start, then good sunny spells though it is turning hazy now as the next front moves in. 13C outside at the moment.

Patchy frost to start, then good sunny spells though it is turning hazy now as the next front moves in. 13C outside at the moment.

Our high pressure is killing the life out of that front... Sunshine here.. And SAT shows it being broken up as it hits our high pressure.. 

Like I said weeks back any fronts that do come in.. We will stay fine... 

Posted

I just don't get people on here..

Why for the love of god would you be hunting for cold now??? Why would you want cold in March??? 

If it snows over night.. and say the next day is 1-3 degrees it makes no odds with no cloud cover.. That sun is so so warm now and getting warmer everyday it is wasted... 

Get that heat in, start warming the seas up and get some decent imports and home grown storms come late spring early summer..

Nuts people!

Yup.

Bored of it. Bring on the warmth and storms.

• Like 2

Posted

Our high pressure is killing the life out of that front... Sunshine here.. And SAT shows it being broken up as it hits our high pressure.. 

Like I said weeks back any fronts that do come in.. We will stay fine... 

The front will reach the east this evening before stalling and dying out, probably just a little light rain. Then tomorrow the cloud will actually move westwards again with sunny skies returning from the east. The next front will probably never make it here. Unfortunately we pick up a chillier easterly flow with an associated cold pool which will allow low cloud to develop and push in from the north sea bringing a cloudier weekend with a few bits of drizzle or perhaps sleet.

The cold hunting does seem a little too late in the day, though a north/north easterly with an associated Greenland high could be quite interesting, even if lying snow isn't a possibility now. 

Edited by Captain shortwave

The front will reach the east this evening before stalling and dying out, probably just a little light rain. Then tomorrow the cloud will actually move westwards again with sunny skies returning from the east. The next front will probably never make it here. Unfortunately we pick up a chillier easterly flow with an associated cold pool which will allow low cloud to develop and push in from the north sea bringing a cloudier weekend with a few bits of drizzle or perhaps sleet.

The cold hunting does seem a little too late in the day, though a north/north easterly with an associated Greenland high could be quite interesting, even if lying snow isn't a possibility now. 

But a late cold spell is a waste... "Yay lets all go play out in the snow".. few hours later.. "oh......................................mud" 

Sun,Cloudless sky's and warmth.. 

Oh the joys of weather..