Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I think the temps levelled off now at 28.4°c, not too shabby and fairly comfortable with the low humidity and breeze  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Touching 27C here with sunny spells, what a difference to the forecast lol...would love this sort of temp for the rest of summer. Warm enough without being uncomfortable, should please everyone. Unlike some of the charts I've seen today for next week....maxes of 42C!! And overnight minimums of 29C?! Bit like Dubai lol....

post-18410-0-64596200-1435329452_thumb.j

post-18410-0-72254700-1435329511_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Down to 23.5c here in MK now. The wind picked up and we had a light shower. No sun since just before 1pm.

I am watching the big blob in the south West to see if it develops as it could clip me.

Posted

yeah thanks to the low humidity and breeze it felt very comfortable, wonder what and where the highest temp was today, 27.6 degrees recorded max approx 2 miles inland at Southend using Davis equipment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

27C here in Chelmsford today despite a fair amount of cloud. Decent effort and it actually doesn't feel too bad humidity rise.

How hot will it go next week? Who knows.

Posted

WeatherPro forecast 23C for Chelmsford today so 27C is a very good result! Not sure what model WeatherPro uses or if it's a combination of models?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Temp has dropped down to 23C here and quite cloudy and windy, boo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

I haven't been on in a while, so Hi. Cloudy start here, but it cleared for lunchtime. Now cloudy again (mid-level cloud it seems). Feeling warm and humid. Not looking forward to next week.  :bad:

Posted

The temp in my work van today, don't know how accurate it is. Judging by the date on the panel not very.....lol But it was very hot and by 1.30 I was beginning to feel quite weary.

1610953_10153647921014505_45706942330553

Edited by k66yla
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

If I were in East Anglia right now, I'd be pretty narked with the BBC forecast. The 7pm map at 7pm shows it to be bone dry and has completely ignored the mass of rain that has travelled from SW to NE across the southern quadrant of the UK. It's been on the radar since before 2pm, so they've had at least 5 hours to pick up on it. Anyone planning their evening on the basis of those maps is going to end up rather wet and annoyed.

Edited by The Enforcer
  • Like 1

Posted

29 in maidstone would be considerabley accurate for a car thermometer maybe a degree or two lower usually there way, way out ...

Posted

I reached 27.9C again several degrees above predicted - very warm makes you think how high it will go next week :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If I were in East Anglia right now, I'd be pretty narked with the BBC forecast. The 7pm map at 7pm shows it to be bone dry and has completely ignored the mass of rain that has travelled from SW to NE across the southern quadrant of the UK. It's been on the radar since before 2pm, so they've had at least 5 hours to pick up on it. Anyone planning their evening on the basis of those maps is going to end up rather wet and annoyed.

Well, I'm not...a chance of a heavy (possibly thundery) shower? That seems about right to me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

27.8C at Gravesend was the highest official temp today going by ogimet, not bad for a primarily cloudy day. The met are going for highs of 25C again tomorrow so hopefully another nice day ahead before a chance of rain Sunday afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Great day! What a lovely entrée before next week's main course! An epic ECM run this evening. GFS not quite so good as this morning. But plenty of twists and turns with this unfolding story!! Hold tight and try and enjoy the ride!!

Here's the latest bulletin to Government Planning Departments issued by the Met Office.

Probability of Temps Exceeding 32C: post-20040-0-15216500-1435347550_thumb.j

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

My money is on the GFS, I think the ECM has had a stroke :D 20c out at the moment and cloudy, looks like drizzle. :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Safe to say I'm bricking it for next week!

Hi ThunderBuddy! Have you managed to avoid storms so far this summer? I have had two short lived ones and that has been it. Might be  hard to dodge them next week with all that heat around. Quite breezy tonight, still warm though, 15.2c

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Hi ThunderBuddy! Have you managed to avoid storms so far this summer? I have had two short lived ones and that has been it. Might be  hard to dodge them next week with all that heat around. Quite breezy tonight, still warm though, 15.2c

Yes I have been lucky so far! The most I've had is a couple of heavy hail showered this year! Yes I'm dreading next week, as I now work evenings too, so I think I am going to haven't pull a sickie!

Have woken up to blue sky's and it's hot already!

Posted

Nice morning here, sunny spells and feeling fresh at 16C. Am off to the Magic FM Let's Rock London! 80's music festival at the Olympic Park today, to see the likes of Thompson Twins, Bananarama, Howard Jones, Kim Wilde, Rick Astley, Five Star and Shalamar, amongst others. Fun! Hopefully the 25C forecast comes off, without any infill. Perfect!

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Beautiful start to the day. Not a cloud in the sky and 18.5C at 09.00. Off to Rochester today to help daughter put up her new summer house. Hope it's as nice down there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It is lovely to walk around in a t shirt outside even around breakfast time and feel warm. Summer is well and truly here, 24/25C possible in places today, same tomorrow with temperatures on the rise during the week, 90F looks possible widely still I feel from Wednesday onwards until the weekend. Add that to the risk of thunderstorms and I still feel we will see a classic heatwave scenario play out. (Few hot days before a breakdown back to conditions similar to now and not the cool NW stuff we saw prior to this week.)

Google weather maxima for here over the coming week;

Today - 24C, Sunday - 23C, Monday - 26C, Tuesday - 26C, Wednesday - 30C, Thursday - 31C (with thunderstorms), Friday - 33C, Saturday - 31C (With thunderstorms)

Pretty epic if that materialised.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

I see 32C on Wednesday on bbc weather app throughout the week it remains very warm to hot GFS may be having a wobble (still very warm but not really in the hot category) it's funny in winter time many would push it aside for the favoured UKMO/ECM even the GEM who picked on this potential hot blast.

post-19153-0-29949200-1435399417_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Already 23C at Writtle - I suspect that, as with yesterday, the actual temperature may exceed the forecast one by some margin. Imagine if that happened next week too! :shok: