Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Some blue patches to be seen which is reassuring the dew point in single figures signalling a more cooler airmass whilst the temperature is 19.3C the longest day of the year and from this day on we head towards the dark depths of winter with snow hopefully lots of it on headline Enjoy your Sunday folks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Brilliant Daniel!! It's mid-summer's day and you're thinking about next winter's snow! :clap: Funny enough, I've been looking at ski chalets in the French Alps this morning. Best time to book. By late August the best places have been grabbed.

Back to the here and now and there's plenty of blue sky around. If the pesky wind would drop a notch it would be very pleasant at 19C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Cloudy and breezy here once again, looks like another cloudy and breezy week ahead from the forecast on BBC just now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A decent day out there, sunny spells and temperatures of 19/20C at the moment.

Better than forecast, I wouldn't bet on conditions being as cloudy as the forecast states, like today.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It seems the central/south midlands and southeast/southern england are enjoying a fine summers day, northwesterlies are great for us.

It certainly ain't a fine summer's day out my window. And the satellite suggests very few places are seeing lengthy sunny spells.

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been mostly sunny here, and the clouds floating around have looked quite threatening at times, in a convective way. Don't think any of them have been showers though.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

It certainly ain't a fine summer's day out my window. And the satellite suggests very few places are seeing lengthy sunny spells.

When the sun comes out it's really nice but it's gone back behind the clouds so quickly you wouldn't expect a tan :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

When the sun comes out it's really nice but it's gone back behind the clouds so quickly you wouldn't expect a tan :(

The next week looks an improvement, we lose the northwesterly with more sunshine likely and temperatures into the low 20s. Just a shame the weekend was pretty crap.

Posted

Been like that for what seems forever.

Working weeks have been mostly dry, warm and pleasant, come the weekends at least one day lost to rain. Or it's windy and overcast and cool.

Edited by Bogman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

20c and mostly sunny, getting dry around here too and rain tomorrow looks light, then more low 20s and partly cloudy to come, not a bad June thus far.

Posted

Brilliant Daniel!! It's mid-summer's day and you're thinking about next winter's snow! :clap: Funny enough, I've been looking at ski chalets in the French Alps this morning. Best time to book. By late August the best places have been grabbed.

Back to the here and now and there's plenty of blue sky around. If the pesky wind would drop a notch it would be very pleasant at 19C.

There is no time like the present you got to start somewhere as applies to all. Snow fixates me as you can guess as much as Alps appeals to you - skiing is not to my taste considering I have OI type 1 (hereditary bone condition).

I believe this is the tenth time in a row above 20C.

I must not get carried away but the prospect of sleet showers and all that jazz makes me tingle inside :)

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

There is no time like the present ......

Hi Daniel. I've sent you a pm.

Regards,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I've been sweating ever since 10 am...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Writtle scraped 20C today so overall a decent enough day.

This week looks good as soon as we get the cool day tomorrow out of the way.

Tomorrow - North/south split in the region, a band of rain from the M4 south into Kent will clear southwards by the afternoon, the northern half of the region will see sunshine and showers (some heavy with the risk of thunder), weak cape showing.

27-505UK.GIF?21-12

Temperatures - 16-19C

Tuesday - A fine day with sunny spells and a gentle northerly wind, back westerly later. Temperatures still a tad chilly towards Norfolk and Suffolk at 16-18C, much warmer further south with a high of 23C possible along the south coast.

Wednesday - Dry again with sunny spells and variable amounts of mid to high level cloud caused by fronts skirting the north of the country. Temperatures between 21 and 24C

Thursday - Similar to Wednesday really, though with a similar airmass at this time of year temperatures should pick up by a degree or two. A high of between 23 and 26C.

Friday - Another fine day with more in the way of sunny spells I suspect for the first half of the day, currently the GFS and ECM would push a front eastwards later in the day though this will reach our region by the evening. Any rain will likely to by showery in nature and light. Temperatures between 24 and 27C.

126-582UK.GIF?21-12

Weekend and beyond, heat or no heat? That is the question, my feelings are that we could get something significant by the turn of the month, but of course it is a long way off at the moment. But this week should deliver an above average week in terms of temperature overall which is a solid improvement over the rather poor first half of June (In my view).

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

There is no time like the present you got to start somewhere as applies to all. Snow fixates me as you can guess as much as Alps appeals to you - skiing is not to my taste considering I have OI type 1 (hereditary bone condition).

I believe this is the tenth time in a row above 20C.

I must not get carried away but the prospect of sleet showers and all that jazz makes me tingle inside :)

Not long to go before the new ice age starts  (November).  :cold:  Five months of sleet showers for you to look forward to. :D  Mild and cloudy tonight, some drizzle in the air too.....yippee! Now raining heavily...........that's more like it.

Edited by lassie23

Posted

A little sunshine here to start. Heading to Cambridgeshire for my first day at my new job (yay the joy of long commutes).

The GEM operational is worth a look this morning, off the scale in terms of heat for a brief period.

• Like 1

Posted

Good luck with the new job Captain.

As is so often the case, the best of the day at the very start of the day. (Looks rotten from the start further south). Started quite sunny but already the cloud has built and some are looking rather threatening already! Hoping for a few heavy down-pours this afternoon as 2 out of 3 water butts are now empty and my lawn is rapidly turning more brown than green.

Currently 15C and a stiff W/NW breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Hi stainesbloke. You seem to have lost your profile pic?? I tried to change my pic a few weeks back and ended up with nothing. There's a glitch with the Profile Editing software at the moment, so when you try to upload a new image, it fails. The Netweather support guys hope the next issue of the IP.Board software will fix the problem. I asked nicely and the guys kindly re-instated my profile pic.

Thanks Blessed Weather, I thought I'd done something wrong, was trying to upload another pic but wasn't having any of it. Did they tell you when the problem would be fixed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Woke up to rain won't complain, hay fever needs it and so does the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just had a brief but intense shower; the 'thunder' was the binmen.

Good luck in your new job, Cap. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Also starting on a new job in Cambridge today as it happens..

We were right on the boundary line of the rain when I left London at 5.30 this morning, blue skies to the north and rain to the south with just a few spits of rain locally. Now in Cambridge where it's partly cloudy and breezy. Not a bad day but quite cool in the breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Since I was up most the night, I'm not sure if it rained, but i saw some dark clouds once the dawn broke. Sunny here, still a cool breeze but alot of clouds around. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

A little sunshine here to start. Heading to Cambridgeshire for my first day at my new job (yay the joy of long commutes).

The GEM operational is worth a look this morning, off the scale in terms of heat for a brief period.

Certainly is an incredible chart, especially this towards the end of the run...

post-10703-0-30755700-1434966368_thumb.jpost-10703-0-29119800-1434966401_thumb.j

Seeing the 20*C 850 hPa temperatures get drawn over the UK is just incredible. Would probably lead to some thunderpocolyptic weather should a chart like that verify.

Considering this Summer's not been too brilliant for warmth so far (although you guys in the South-East will have probably been fairing a bit better), having an outcome like the GEM come off would be a delight.

Also, hope both yours and Harps's new jobs today go well!

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 4