Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cloudy and coo; outside, still feeling a bit humid in doors though.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Is anyone else sick and tired of this North East wind? I've counted at least two weeks of it so far in total this summer and still it drags on! Why are North East winds so dominant in summer but not so in Winter?

• Like 2

Posted

Is anyone else sick and tired of this North East wind? I've counted at least two weeks of it so far in total this summer and still it drags on! Why are North East winds so dominant in summer but not so in Winter?

I'm tired of the cloud it brings in, but I don't mind the fact we haven't been sweltering. It's not to strong today at least, was almost a gale last week all the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I'm just sick of the wind full stop. It's come from all directions of the compass this year and has howled daily each time, for months now. Even today it's blowing too briskly for my liking. Having said that, the sun is out and it feels lovely and warm in it, even though it's only 19C.

Week ahead looking nice enough IF we get sunny skies, I still think infill cloud will spoil most of the days though and GFS is showing yet another cold pool sinking over the UK just in time for the weekend. Hopefully it's wrong as the pattern is getting so tedious now.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

I like them we've had terrific air quality and great visibility this is a real English Summer :)

I am concerned by the lack of rainfall as Bluearmy mentioned in MOD thread London has only had 6% of its average monthly rainfall and the months following it were also very dry we need RAIN!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I like them we've had terrific air quality and great visibility this is a real English Summer :)

I am concerned by the lack of rainfall as Bluearmy mentioned in MOD thread London has only had 6% of its average monthly rainfall and the months following it were also very dry we need RAIN!

Agree. My allotments are so dry, am having to water every day. The grass is going yellow, it's starting to look like Aug/Sep. Looks dry this week too after a dry Spring here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Rather a strange day here in Chelmsford. When the sun is out it feels very warm sheltered from that north easterly wind, but we have had a lot of cloud on and off this afternoon, interspersed with sunny spells. a couple of times the cloud has been thick enough to produce the odd spot of light rain in the wind, but not enough to do any good for the garden or my allotment.

Kind Regards

Dave 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Think I have upset the vampires at work (yup they shut out the sun all day), interesting few days ahead.

Sunny now and flung the doors and windows open to allow this greatness of sun, heat, light etc into the home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That was one chilly night! Overnight minimum down to 6C here. I hate having to do it at this time of year, but I flicked the central heating on for an hour at 6.30 this morning to take the chill off the house. :angry:

Looking good for later today - some warmth and sunshine on the way. Tomorrow's temps of 23/24C should be wonderful, although it looks like a good westerly breeze will accompany the warmth, so maybe feeling like being under the hair dryer. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It is quite cloudy here, though it is high level and quite thin so it is still letting the sun through a little bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

So slight interest turns to the weekend..

15062018_1600.gif15062018_1600.gif

We will get super cells from that Surrey. :D   Despite the lack of heat this summer, my melons have sprouted. :yahoo:  Just goes to show how sunny it has been in the capital. Really could do with some heavy rain now, instead of the two days of drizzle that I got so far this month. Sunny for the rest of the week and warmer too. 22c at the moment. :(

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We will get super cells from that Surrey. :D   Despite the lack of heat this summer, my melons have sprouted. :yahoo:  Just goes to show how sunny it has been in the capital. Really could do with some heavy rain now, instead of the two days of drizzle that I got so far this month. Sunny for the rest of the week and warmer too. 22c at the moment. :(

You changing sex! :rofl:

• Like 3

Most probs and get "bust" from this haha

post-12648-0-31322200-1434466974_thumb.p

post-12648-0-98145500-1434466978_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Hear it's quite a nice day in the SE today. I'm in Montreal, Canada for work today, home tomorrow. It's absolutely pishing it down here, lovely heavy warm rain all morning and 18C. I'd love this at home for a day/night....my melons might sprout then lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

What a lovely day, lots of sun, nice breeze just, low humidity.
:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

That was one chilly night! Overnight minimum down to 6C here. I hate having to do it at this time of year, but I flicked the central heating on for an hour at 6.30 this morning to take the chill off the house. :angry:

Looking good for later today - some warmth and sunshine on the way. Tomorrow's temps of 23/24C should be wonderful, although it looks like a good westerly breeze will accompany the warmth, so maybe feeling like being under the hair dryer. :)

Sounds like you are in another country not county.

By 7.30, windows and doors open and outside just in shorts.

Posted

Sounds like you are in another country not county.

By 7.30, windows and doors open and outside just in shorts.

Ha ha!! Nice one seaside 60. You're clearly made of tougher stuff than me! My idea of a comfortable temp inside the house is around 20C. But after a drab, chilly weekend with no sun, then a cool Monday followed by last night's low of 6C, the warmth inside the house had finally drained away to an uncomfortable level. Didn't want to risk the milk freezing on my cornflakes!

P.S. You ought to be careful, wandering around your garden in your boxers! :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Most probs and get "bust" from this haha

attachicon.gifpost-21671-0-40855400-1434454150.png

attachicon.gifpost-21671-0-72678700-1434454149.png

Impressive drizzle charts lol That's what I got from the last lot that looked like that. :cc_confused:

You changing sex! :rofl:

I'd better see my doctor :shok:  :laugh: I meant Water Melons :oops:

Hear it's quite a nice day in the SE today. I'm in Montreal, Canada for work today, home tomorrow. It's absolutely pishing it down here, lovely heavy warm rain all morning and 18C. I'd love this at home for a day/night....my melons might sprout then lol

Been nice melon growing weather here today, sunny and warm 22.5c. :D

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's been pretty good melon-weather, too: wall-to-wall sunshine and 20C...

Posted

Been a lovely day here, warm with a little breeze, was perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yep a lovely day today, a bit too much cloud at times but finally feeling more like summer with that chilly breeze gone, made it to 24C locally which is just perfect for me.

Hopefully more of the same for the rest of the week and the outlook for the south east seems much better than it was last time I checked on Sunday, things finally looking up!

Edited by Harps

Posted

Lovely day. The nearly clear June evenings are great.

But more rain please, I have a new water butt to fill.

I won't even start on the lack of storms.

Here is post sunset (updated to a 22:30 pic), looking north. The actual sunset was nice but my phone failed to pick it up properly.post-20787-0-76477300-1434490666_thumb.j

Edited by nicol@
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A very nice day, good sunny spells and a high of 21C, a few degrees higher in some of the luckier spots. 25/26C possible tomorrow if we get sunny skies :)

Posted

Great start to the day. High wispy cirrus and temperature up to 16C at 08.00. I might even join seaside 60 and throw the windows and doors open this morning! (And no heating this morning!).   :D

The only caveat to an otherwise lovely day ahead is the decaying cold front coming down from the NW. This is arriving slightly earlier than forecasts a day or so back, so it may cloud over in the north of our patch by mid/late afternoon. Then a few outbreaks of light patchy rain moving down, but nowhere near enough for the empty water butts.

The cloud satellite at 07.50 this morning shows the cloud heading our direction. But our Region sticking out nicely at the mo! :good:

post-20040-0-02877200-1434525128_thumb.j