Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

My take on this evenings NMM 2KM output is that the most favourable instability for thunderstorms is to the west of our Region (Central Southern England, the SW and Wales), but with Surrey and Sussex also looking good to join in the fun. Rainfall doesn't appear to get north of London until well into the evening (on the NMM and the local Look East forecast), by which time the instability has fallen away, reducing the chances of storm, so just a spell of heavy rain for the likes of Suffolk and Norfolk.

But as Sparkicle says in his excellent post above, we can hope that forcing mechanisms will produce a few surprises later tomorrow afternoon!

Here's this evening's NMM charts for CAPE/LI and Precipitation at 17.00, 19.00, 21.00 and 23.00 hours:

post-20040-0-68533000-1434048734_thumb.p post-20040-0-50329600-1434048744_thumb.p post-20040-0-13615100-1434048754_thumb.p post-20040-0-02276800-1434048766_thumb.p

post-20040-0-77238700-1434048776_thumb.p post-20040-0-98399200-1434048788_thumb.p post-20040-0-53327900-1434048801_thumb.p post-20040-0-26004400-1434048813_thumb.p

By the way, the local forecast was dire for Sunday and Monday! Back to a max temp of 14C!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Very impressive CAPE charts on the 12z NMM.

Surface Based CAPE for 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon for instance.

attachicon.gifSB CAPE 15.png

That sort of looks like I've moved to america by accident.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Is it possible to die of hayfever because I think that's what's happening.

In that regard I'd love a storm to clear the air.

• Like 1

Posted

Is it possible to die of hayfever because I think that's what's happening.

In that regard I'd love a storm to clear the air.

Mines been bad today too.

Posted

Me to just checked the models and it's much further east it showed this yesterday morning then dropped it

We dont need the mess it may leave Surrey ?? Tomorrow is our day get those temps up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

It's certainly kicking off in northern France and out in the Channel. Great to watch the real-time lightening strikes on this site.

Screen grab image 21.25  post-20040-0-59395300-1434054928_thumb.j

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime

Posted

Red sky at night, shepherds delight.

I prefer:

Red sky at night, would like some flashes tonight.

I must stop looking at the enticing radar.

post-20787-0-27261900-1434055625_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

Need more storms fireing to the east for them to hit my location

And even further east for mine, one may have started recently that might get to you if it gets this far. Just to the south of paris at the min.

Posted

And even further east for mine, one may have started recently that might get to you if it gets this far. Just to the south of paris at the min.

Yep need em well east of Paris for me on current direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Certainly no need to worry just yet, for most our turn will be later tomorrow. Before then....

nmmuk-0-25-0.png?11-19

Mid to high twenties across the region away from the immediate coastlines. The NMM shows more hope compared to the GFS in terms of storm potential, the latter seemingly over stating the effect of the wind direction on the conditions (especially at mid-levels where our storms will likely be located).

Interestingly for the southern half of the region the weekend looks pretty decent as the cold front stalls over Central England meaning the home counties and maybe even the London area could remain bright and humid.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

It's certainly kicking off in northern France and out in the Channel. Great to watch the real-time lightening strikes on this site.

Screen grab image 21.25  attachicon.gifRealtime Lightening Map 21.25.jpg

Yeah great sight I've been watching the progress on and off all day . Slowly creeping closer all seems to be going west of most of us at the moment but as we know all can change very quickly and with the heat tomorrow. Boooom

Posted

Screen grab image 21.25  attachicon.gifRealtime Lightening Map 21.25.jpg

wow, thats pretty intense where my mum lives in the Charente. Probably why she has'nt phoned me tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Wow Chris Fawkes just ramped big time on local forecast feeling soupie ? With temps possibly hitting 29c with any sun then big storms affecting transport .

National forecast also said higher than 26 in the southeast and ramped up storm potential

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Estofex has us in a level 1 warning for tomorrow.

post-17424-0-84534400-1434058637_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Latest bbc forecast shows nothing too much happening until tomorrow evening. That works perfect for me! Should hopefully have a good view from a friend balcony and a few beers on the side. :)

• Like 1