Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just need to get tomorrow over with, borderline cold but still some sunny intervals. The temperatures should recover from Wednesday and back into the warm/very warm category by Thursday and Friday with some interesting charts offering the risk of thunderstorms.

Cracking FAX chart for Friday

post-17424-0-33290300-1433801630_thumb.p

Cold front north of the region with troughs moving up from the south aiding instability, the GFS in agreement on the pub run with torrential thunderstorms breaking out with temperatures up to mid to high twenties.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Chilly overnight with a low of 7C here. Beautiful start now. Hopefully the cloud won't bubble up to the extent of yesterday.

This mornings GFS holding firm for Friday.

CAPE & LI  post-20040-0-90294500-1433833988_thumb.p  Rain post-20040-0-90390400-1433834000_thumb.p

Just need to get tomorrow over with, borderline cold but still some sunny intervals. The temperatures should recover from Wednesday and back into the warm/very warm category by Thursday and Friday with some interesting charts offering the risk of thunderstorms.

Cracking FAX chart for Friday

attachicon.gift96.png

Cold front north of the region with troughs moving up from the south aiding instability, the GFS in agreement on the pub run with torrential thunderstorms breaking out with temperatures up to mid to high twenties.

Not only is this a good chart.. Its a world class chart.. 

As Blessed weather posted above, GFS has changed a little over night but nothing major.. Storms possible Thursday night through into Friday with Friday afternoon looking the main show

The fax chart is decent for 2 reasons.. Trough sitting smack bang over the South east... East South east feed and direction of storms as opposed to the Normal North North east (away from us)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It has clouded over now lol. Looks like there might even light rain in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

What a stunning, warm sunny day here, light winds and feeling hot......nah, just kidding, it's grey, the freezing cold howling wind is back and it's 13C. I think I'll leave it there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A rather poor day again, rather cloudy but today with a fresh north easterly wind. This is more like an October day than June.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It has clouded over now lol. Looks like there might even light rain in it.

LOL! It took its time. It has clouded over here too, after being sunny this morning. It's a bit cold. :cold: Had to put the heating on last night :nonono:

What a stunning, warm sunny day here, light winds and feeling hot......nah, just kidding, it's grey, the freezing cold howling wind is back and it's 13C. I think I'll leave it there!

The temperature is a sultry 14.9c here. I'm having an ice cream to prevent heat exhaustion. Still looking good or bad, (if you don't like storms) for Friday. Getting humid too and this 'event' shouldn't be reserved for the far south east/east like last week. The thunderstorms/heavy downpours should be more widespread. But given the nature of showers, some may miss out altogether, like my backyard for example. :D Then things cool off and settle down again, with the unsettled weather reserved for the north. Then it all crumbles to pieces as we enter late June as the MJO moves into phase 5. :nonono:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Horrible day here near Bedford, almost what I'd describe as cold with a strong breeze and light drizzle on and off. Hopefully things stay on track for another interesting end to the week but it could just as easily be a disappointing washout with nothing active in the air, here's hoping...

Posted

Been cloudy with a few sunny spell all day, the wind is very chilly and quite strong here. Feels like autumn. 

Posted

Yes in the morning I regretted not putting on extra layers this is very rare occurrence in June.

Posted

Just 13C reached today. Very very poor.

Posted

A rather poor day again, rather cloudy but today with a fresh north easterly wind. This is more like an October day than June.

LoL!! I think October would be insulted to be associated with today's horrific effort, Captain! :laugh:

I was working outside near Wattisham Air Base today (highest point in Suffolk) and in the strong wind the 13C temperature felt absolutely perishing. I had a body warmer and fleece on all day. Shocker!   :cold:

Posted

Well the worst day is over, all up hill from here (well until Sunday anyway).

Friday still showing potential but I am still not sure how this will pan out, perhaps a band of thundery rain Thursday night clearing to very warm or even hot and humid conditions with the potential for home grown cells and possibly big French imports. GFS showing temperatures around 26/27C, NMM showing 27C but with a few hours of surface heating to go on the 12z run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

LoL!! I think October would be insulted to be associated with today's horrific effort, Captain! :laugh:

I was working outside near Wattisham Air Base today (highest point in Suffolk) and in the strong wind the 13C temperature felt absolutely perishing. I had a body warmer and fleece on all day. Shocker!   :cold:

Sorry, nowhere near correct, but hope you made it home. :)

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

A cool, dull and damp morning here near Bedford, 100% overcast but hopefully we might get a few glimpses of the sun before it's forecast to get cloudy again by evening. Another disappointing day ahead though if this morning is anything to go by

Posted

Sorry, nowhere near correct, but hope you made it home. :)

You're right Steve. I shouldn't take local gossip as gospel. Seems the highest point is Great Wood Hill, on the Newmarket Ridge, at 420 feet. Wattisham Base a mere 299 feet!

Today looking better, if we can get the cloud to break later, as forecast.

I'm starting to think that Friday's thunderstorms might be best to the west of our Region. Possibility that the east of Suffolk and Norfolk (for instance) my miss out this time. Overall, the charts still look good for the southern UK though. This morning's charts:

CAPE & LI  post-20040-0-65338300-1433920910_thumb.p  Rainfall  post-20040-0-27198000-1433920959_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

Nice morning here sunny and feeling much warmer than yesterday, still windy but less so  then yesterday. Some cloud floating about but nothing to trouble some for now.

Posted

The cloud is breaking up nicely here now. Still quite a noticeable north east wind though.

As for Friday, I think we will still have to watch France, the issue being the surface winds are quite poor for home grown development (East to south east) for most of the region. That said anything could happen and it could again be a loaded gun scenario. Of course we could end up hot and sunny though.

Potentially up to 29C in London on Friday

nmmuk-0-60-0.png?10-07

Widely I think 26/27C could be reached, so it will feel rather oppressive out there. Saying that the BBC forecast only has a high of 22C and cloudy skies (typical)  :rofl:

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Im feeling a slight eastward correlation on the next runs.. 

People in the storm thread getting a bit wayward of course totally normal I am composing myself until those HIGH res runs... 

I actually think "crud" may be an issue this time as opposed to last time.. Storms look to move up into southern areas on latest runs more so the South

west but we need that sun to shine through to get storms to initiate.. 

15061206_1000.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

This weather SUCKS, the most awful thing about living near the coast in the south east, is once that wind goes north east, you're in for a naff period of weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Kind of puts the weather into perspective. :(

• Like 5

Posted

It is with the deepest regret that I have to inform you our dear friend and weather buddy Chris Mantle lost his short battle with cancer and passed away last night. Chris was a big part of our community on the SE & EA thread, for those of us that had the pleasure of meeting him in person at our regional get together events know he was a true gentleman, although some of us have moved on from Netweather I thought I would share the sad news as I'm sure there are still many here who will remember him fondly - RIP Chris x

Thank you for letting us know, RIP Chris.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Sleep well, Chris.

• Like 1